Hiking in Illinois

Hi all. Just started hiking nude in public spaces in Illinois. Mostly in the suburbs, at the nature/forest preserves. May are infrequently used during the day. Lots of preparation and scouting the locations. Prairie hikes work best. Places with one way in/ one way out provide the best serenity for au natural hikes as you can see by the parking lot if no one is there. Coming back, you need to keep your eyes up for new arrivals. In some flat areas, as the grasses shield your body from sight, but allowing you to see your surroundings. I lose the headphones though, as I want to see AND hear whats going on around me. Only encountered on hiker (clothed) so far. I hastily pulled my shorts on to keep from being reported.

Some hikes this summer:
Far north end of Homer Lake near Champaign is a good spot, as there is a loop trail off of the main trail (F).
Middle Fork River Forest Preserve has two very good options:
Trail off of County Road 3500. Pretty secluded and only one viable parking lot. 2.2 mi round trip
The other is off E 00 North Rd, and is a one way in/one way out route, wooded. 3.0 mil round trip
Hampshire preserve is a little busy at times. Far parking lot or Horseback parking lot. Bobolink trail is a loop trail, 1.63 miles. Hickory loop trail is secluded most of the way. 1.0 mi
I'll update on a couple of others if people are interested.

This topic was edited
RE: Hiking in Illinois

Love naked hikes in the forest preserves!

This post was edited

I found a good place in Central Illinois that has been very good for me. I have only gone midweek and have never run into anyone else.

This post was edited

Fall Creek south of Quincy, at the Marblehead exit on I172. There
are several trails along Fall Creek, and plenty of secluded places
to get naked. The best is to go there and wade the creek. There are
several falls, good skinny dipping opportunities. Some segments,
walk it nude. Just be aware of your surroundings. You can hear
other people, and have enough notice to pull on a pair of shorts. I
have several photos. Contact me if you would like a set. I am also
in the area, so I would be happy to take photos. Scouts Out!

This post was edited

Down in Indiana?

I was working down in Joliet yesterday, so I went by the Baker Woods FP on my way home...and got in a short hike. . It's out on the 52, a little underwhelming and flat, very thick forest, and it was a little buggy. It was however, pretty secluded, as there was one way in and one way out. About .38 miles each way..I did the round trip twice. I did take pictures. As for the bugs, I carry mosquito/bug wipes, so they did not bite. Not my favorite place to hike, but if you were looking for a casual spot to try out some nude hiking...this would be the place. It was hot yesterday (82*), but very cool in the woods. Also, it's right along the river, so at the end of the trail, a pretty cool spot to chill.
RC

This post was edited

Have any of u guys visited Blue Lake in Ill ? We are next door to you in IA and do lots of hikes in county parks. During the weekdays most of these are not used much. The railtrails are a good place to get in naked biking.

This post was edited