RE: Introducing yourself at the beach

Some guy came up to me at Black's. He started by commenting on a hat I was wearing andwas making a connection on what I did and what he did, for a living. He then wanted totalk to meabout some creepy guy that had been walking up and down the beach gawking at people. "I just come down here to have a good day and all these creeps gawking at people really piss me off". As we stood there he couldn't focus on talking to me but kept averting his eye contact with me and kept looking at my wife sitting naked in her chair. I moved to have him reposition himself, he stayed facing the same way so he could glance over at my wife. Finally, my wife had enough and covered herself with her sarong and the conversation ended. So much for ... " I just come down here ... these creeps really piss me off!" Him included!These incidents are so unfortunate at our nude beaches in the states. As I have noticed over the years, these occurances don't happen as often at nude beaches in Europe and the Carribean. This is why my wife often doesn't go to the beach with me or will stay covered. When she does go with me, we usually go to a fairly isolated area if possible. Even when we are sitting in a mostly gay area of one of the nude beaches I frequent which has always had somewhat segregated areas, the site of a nude and comfortable female seems to attract unsollicited comments and prolonged views. I wish me and my wife could go to the beach and socially enjoy the company of others without the annoying gawkers and pervs.

This post was edited

Whenever, and that's most of the time, there is a disproportionate number of women to men at nude beaches ... every nude woman can be certain she'll have a parade of single guys walking by and doing so continuously. This drives me crazy because it took me quite some time to get my wife comfortable with social nudism and this type of activity just sets her back with trying new things. She can't really enjoy herself, get sun on all parts of her body without these jackasses making her feel uncomfortable. Luckily, she can relax and sit any way she wants in the privacy of our own home or at our close nudist friend's home but at the beach ... here in the US ... not so much.
She is very comfortable at a nude beach resort we used to visit annually in the Caribbean. We gotta get back there!

This post was edited

think it's a great idea, we'd stop over :)When we were at Haulover in April, we had many conversations with quite a few. Many had simple games like horseshoe and frizby and asked others to join them. Quite a few had umbrellas with names of clubs and we talked to many of them about the clubs or restaurants.

This post was edited

I, too, often wonder if others at the beach are TN members, maybe even a "friend" here. On occasion, I may recognize someone that I have seen on TN, and I do not hesitate to introduce myself. I like the idea of a TN banner of some sort; that would make it much easier!

This post was edited

I've had some great conversations with people on the beach. Being nude is a great equalizer. you're part of a larger community and by your presence have something in common. A simple, "nice day", or "great beach" or "catch anything" to fishermen/women, or admiring some beach apparatus like a chair, tent, windblock, wheeled cart can start a long conversation. If you're comfortable in just your skin, you should be equally comfortable in starting a conversation. relax and have fun.

This post was edited

Oh, and skip the sign.

This post was edited
RE:Introducing yourself at the beach

A friends wanted sign would probably be a bit weird.
I would love to see a few of the regular beach visitors put up TrueNudist flag / banner. Hell with permission and once cash flow gets a bit better I would buy one and take it with me every time I go to Gunnison!
Something like the following would be great https://www.customflagcompany.com/blade-banner
If an admin let's me know it's okay, I'll work on getting one ready for next year.
It would help members find each other and help promote this website.

This post was edited

Years ago I went to Playalinda beach and there was a volleyball game going on, so once I selected a spot and set up my chair and umbrella I asked if I could join and they were glad to have me. Several of them introduced themselves. Then later that day after I'd taken a swim and long walk up the beach and got back to my spot I was invited to play again, by my first name. Volleyball is a great icebreaker. I was just visiting the area but I'm sure if I visited the beach a few time during the summer I'd be at least good 'beach friends' with some of those folks.

This post was edited

At Orient beach, we struck up a conversation with the people around us. It was just as if we were clothed. Another group came up and she was not too sure of being nude at first, but eventually took off her clothes and became more relaxed.

Good times

This post was edited