Trip to Kerala

Planning a trip to Kerala for 4-5 days in September. Any place or resort where it is possible to go nude both indoors and outdoors? Would like to know your suggestions and information if any.

This topic was edited
RE:Trip to Kerala

Greetings (or Namaskarom as they say in Malayalam, the language of Kerala).
My wife and I have visited Kerala many times and we have found ways of being nude on the beach but you have to be careful as it is absolutely illegal and offensive to most.
What I recommend is that you go to the very northern end of the state, Kasargod district, easily reached by train from the rest of Kerala as well as the neighbouring state of Karnataka. There are several places to stay just south of the town in villages around the Bekal Fort. Bekal Beach is a lovely public beach but if you keep walking away from it (opposite direction of the fort) you will soon be able to strip off (10 minutes to 30 minutes walking). Occasionally a fisherman will pass by so you should have an Indian towel (they cost next to nothing) to cover up if necessary but you can be there for hours undisturbed.
At the other end of the State but just north of Trivandrum, the capital, is a low key resort, Varkala (one hour by train, bus, taxi, rikshaw and on the mainline train services that go up and down the coast). You cannot be naked on the public beach at the magnificent Varkala Cliff but if you stay at Odayam, a 20 minute walk along the cliff or a few minutes in a rikshaw, you will find it and there are lots of small guest houses and Air B and B accommodation. From here just turn right and keep walking up the coast until you get to Kappil Beach, a long stretch of coast. At the bottom end there are fishing boasts but the men have all gone by 10 am and you have the beach to yourself for the rest of the day, except at weekends. There is a long stretch there where I enjoy nudity and the swimming is marvellous too. (The Arabian Sea in Kerala is the warmest sea I have ever been in- it can be almost like a bath).
Good luck
Percy

This post was edited
RE:Trip to Kerala

Greetings (or Namaskarom as they say in Malayalam, the language of Kerala).
My wife and I have visited Kerala many times and we have found ways of being nude on the beach but you have to be careful as it is absolutely illegal and offensive to most.
What I recommend is that you go to the very northern end of the state, Kasargod district, easily reached by train from the rest of Kerala as well as the neighbouring state of Karnataka. There are several places to stay just south of the town in villages around the Bekal Fort. Bekal Beach is a lovely public beach but if you keep walking away from it (opposite direction of the fort) you will soon be able to strip off (10 minutes to 30 minutes walking). Occasionally a fisherman will pass by so you should have an Indian towel (they cost next to nothing) to cover up if necessary but you can be there for hours undisturbed.
At the other end of the State but just north of Trivandrum, the capital, is a low key resort, Varkala (one hour by train, bus, taxi, rikshaw and on the mainline train services that go up and down the coast). You cannot be naked on the public beach at the magnificent Varkala Cliff but if you stay at Odayam, a 20 minute walk along the cliff or a few minutes in a rikshaw, you will find it and there are lots of small guest houses and Air B and B accommodation. From here just turn right and keep walking up the coast until you get to Kappil Beach, a long stretch of coast. At the bottom end there are fishing boasts but the men have all gone by 10 am and you have the beach to yourself for the rest of the day, except at weekends. There is a long stretch there where I enjoy nudity and the swimming is marvellous too. (The Arabian Sea in Kerala is the warmest sea I have ever been in- it can be almost like a bath).
Good luck
Percy

This post was edited