RE:Excited Gardening This Year

No veggies here but plenty of amaryllis, daylilies and a few other plants. Also grow redbuds from seed.

This post was edited

Drying the harvested cilantro. Will pick beans today. Maybe plant more for a succession crop.

This post was edited

The veggies of my spring garden have stopped producing much except a new crop of worms. The crookneck, zucchini and acorn squash still had good leaves but the veggies were not developing; off to the burn pile they went. The tomatoes are still making a few; the eggplants, peppers & melons have a few on the way so they are still being tended. The next items will be the fall cabbage & collards here in a bit and well start the new growing season. It hasnt been a great year but we did produce more edibles than prior so were still making progress. Thats the plan.

This post was edited

Got the garden planted. A few plants are coming up. Some transplants were small but hope they root.

This post was edited

Got a bunch of plants in the ground. Was using garden tractor being nude to work up the ground. Then used it to make my rows for sweet corn. Straight and even spaced rows. AM going to try flaming small weeds so not having to pull them. Although I don't mind doing it nude.

This post was edited

I tried burning one of my garden squares to get rid of the weeds and it did not work well. They were all gone initially but then re-sprouted after some recovery time. How about posting your procedure & results here when you're through? Maybe it can save the rest of us a little effort, too!

This post was edited