RE:Nude vs. Naked

I pretty much use the terms nude or naked interchangeably. Oh, and no I do not have any clothes on at the moment and haven't had in the past eight hours or so.

This post was edited

I pretty much use the terms nude or naked interchangeably. Oh, and no I do not have any clothes on at the moment and haven't had in the past eight hours or so.

Are you planning to stay nude until sometime tomorrow?

This post was edited

To me, naked is a personal state of being stripped physically or emotionally for all the world to see "Yes I am naked Nothing between my skin and the rest of the world." Nude is less personal way of describing something that is uncovered whether it be yourself or someone or something else.

I tend to agree with that take.

My wife draws a bigger distinction between the two than I do. When she is involved in a social or physical activity around other people at the resort, she considers it "naked" because of the degree people can see her fully "au naturel." Sometimes it can be a little intimidating (vulnerability) and sometimes it can be empowering "I'm good; I've got nothing to hide." But either way she sees it as "naked."

When she is lounging by the lake, she sees it as "nude" because although she is still "au naturel"; it is more contained with a lot less "exposure."

Me; I consider myself "naked" most of the time.

This post was edited

No difference. But "Nude" sounds more formal.

For instance...I was in art class and there was a NUDE model.

Or...We were having a great time at the pool party, We all got NAKED and skinny dipped.

This post was edited

No difference. But "Nude" sounds more formal.For instance...I was in art class and there was a NUDE model.Or...We were having a great time at the pool party, We all got NAKED and skinny dipped.

Its all in the context.

This post was edited

both terms mean the same ,it's just what phrases you want to refer to yourself to, think it's just a choice!

This post was edited