Life Model

I was wondering whether anyone has been a nudist model for an art class or photographer, i was thinking of becoming a model, if so any tips would be appreciated

This topic was edited
RE:Life Model

Hi Stancheshire!

I've done nude modeling for an art drawing class. It's definitely a fun bucket list thing to do. You usually do 2 minute, 5 minute and 20 minute poses if you can hold it. You want to do small movements with your arms and legs posed in interesting ways for the artists to draw. I have a pic of an art class I posed for on my profile if you want to check it out.

Stay nude!

teamtrue2

This post was edited

Hi Stancheshire!I've done nude modeling for an art drawing class. It's definitely a fun bucket list thing to do. You usually do 2 minute, 5 minute and 20 minute poses if you can hold it. You want to do small movements with your arms and legs posed in interesting ways for the artists to draw. I have a pic of an art class I posed for on my profile if you want to check it out.Stay nude!Hi thanks for the advice might struggle to stay still any longer than 5 minsteamtrue2

This post was edited

Hi Stancheshire,I have done a nude photography session as the nude model. I am also currently in the process of applying for a job at a nearby university to be a nude model for an art class. For the photography part of it, I just selected a photographer who was willing to do a nude session with a male model. It was a fantastic and freeing experience for me. With the right photographer I think it is something amazing.I am hoping to have a similar experience with the nude art class.Most of the photos on my profile are from the nude photography session. I will see if I can add one to the discussion.
Hi, like you i would like to start off as a photographic model, and hopefully get some great pictures like yours, but my ultimate goal is to pose for an Aet class, i have registered with an Agency so see what happens

This post was edited

About 20 years ago I decided to try nude modeling for artist to practice sketching. I typed " life modeling" and my city into Google. I got a hit.
I contacted the number and the woman explained the mechanics . "Bring a robe and slippers and be comfortable in your own skin" She did not ask body type or even for me to send a pic.
Two weeks later i showed up, they pointed me where to strip off and put on the robe. I did, and a few minutes later I dropped the robe
and did poses for a mixed group ages 20s to 70s. They paid cash out of pooled money for my 3 hours. I did it over a half dozen times and then drifted away.

Last year about this time I contacted the same place again. Yes they were still hiring but a new guy was in charge and they had refined
their process a bit. He had me stop by along with another model and the two of us had an "undress rehersal " He stepped us thru
the process that begin with 10 sec poses and the other mechanics while both of us were nude . I have now posed 5 times. Now I get a printed check from the gallery plus cash tips from the artists. Again a mixed group and ages. They have me back about every 2 months, sometimes on short notice to fill in for last minute vacancies.

My current profile is a sketch done by one of the artist in one of my most revealing poses. Laying on my back arched over pillows. One leg up
and arms outstretched. Revealing yes, but also comfortable enough i nearly fell asleep.

This post was edited

It's always a fun experience. I did it with a group the first time for a "Bucket list" experience for an Art Studio They offer them every few months and it was fun bonding with the other models and it felt like we were in it together. There was definitely some nervousness. Less so for me because I'm comfortable being naked but having a class of 40 people staring and sketching you can feel daunting for anyone. I really liked walking around after my session was up and seeing what they sketched. Teamtrue1 and I did 2 20 minute sessions and it can be tough holding a pose for that long. We popped in some ear buds and listened to an audio book to make the time go by faster.

I'll get calls from the Art studio manager every once in a while when they can't find a model. It's always fun and thrilling and I've gotten to meet some great artists. The hardest thing besides stripping down is posing and doing poses that will be interesting for the artists to draw. If there is a Art studio near you they are always looking for models. The quick check is a plus too.

Don't be afraid to get out of your comfort zone!

teamtrue2

This post was edited

I've modeled for a series of classes at each of two art centers in my area. The thing that surprised me the most was that they did not suggest poses - they left that up to the comfort level and creativity of the model, even when I said that I was open to suggestion. In a series of three-minute sketch poses I once struck a complicated yoga pose, arms and legs locked together to hold a twist - and the instructor just laughed, giving her students the one word instruction "Simplify! simplify!" But you don't have to work that hard. Just standing or lying around will do. Nice piece of advice when I started: Pick a spot to look at. Staying focused on that one spot will help keep you from drifting out of your pose.

This post was edited

I've done naked life modeling at nudist events. Having been a life artist I know how important it is to stay absolutely still throughout the pose. I think I did it well.

This post was edited

Hi, I did life nude model when I was 19 yo student, about five times at an artist school in my native city.
I was fun but only at beginning - it became boring very soon and payed only slighter better than ordinary student jobs. So I left the activity soon and did naked cleaning or rather helping with various home chores. It was much more fun. So I recomend you publish an ad and do it instead modeling. Martin

This post was edited