RE:Little Activity

For me part of the reason was a true platform to actually meet other nudists live - I have met some but honestly as big as Austin TX is and having a nude park where nude is legal (Hippie Hollow) I really expected more. I have met up with single men (straight and gay), a few women and some couples but always looking to meet more. I have some short shorts and even ones with lots of holes in them I wear in public during the warmer months as well as often walking the dogs with no bottoms on and driving naked. It is a style I enjoy, have encouraged others (including some of my clients) to participate in and always willing to venture out more. I had some houses I was maintaining so would mow nude and really enjoyed that - offered to help others locally with that venture. And maybe find other places to meet besides HH especially during these winter months. Love being free and can't wait til my next outting. AustinJohn in Austin TX.

This post was edited

Spot on it is amazing what some people think passes for nudism/naturism - most of the time I just shake my head and move on. I can't be bothered to waste time or energy on it.

There are also guys who post outrageous Walter Mitty fantasy stories that they expect to be taken as real life experiences. If it wasnt so obvious and sad to read it would be hilarious.

This post was edited

Agree with most. In the past, in the cooler months there used to be more activity on this site. I'm thinking people here for the intended reason are just getting tired of the rhetoric that has been growing on this site. It is tiresome. I look quite often for topics of interest and there is not many. Seems to be an over fascination with hardons, shaving, jewery (generally about the penis) and fantasy stories about things folks wished had happened. If by chance an interesting topic does come up it quickly degrades to something the OP probably never intended.

This post was edited

Agree with most. In the past, in the cooler months there used to be more activity on this site. I'm thinking people here for the intended reason are just getting tired of the rhetoric that has been growing on this site. It is tiresome. I look quite often for topics of interest and there is not many. Seems to be an over fascination with hardons, shaving, jewery (generally about the penis) and fantasy stories about things folks wished had happened. If by chance an interesting topic does come up it quickly degrades to something the OP probably never intended.

Exactly how I feel the majority of topics are unrelated to nudism and naturism just subtle and not so subtle covers for sexual proclivities. Your point about how good topics get hijacked is well taken.

This post was edited

Spot on it is amazing what some people think passes for nudism/naturism - most of the time I just shake my head and move on. I can't be bothered to waste time or energy on it.There are also guys who post outrageous Walter Mitty fantasy stories that they expect to be taken as real life experiences. If it wasnt so obvious and sad to read it would be hilarious.

You should point out which stories you believe to be Walter Mitty-esque! No use hiding behind broad statements I say!

This post was edited

The participation rate on here has been in decline for months. Chatroom numbers were over 400 a year ago and daily contribution to the forum and my blog was much higher.
Many things contribute to this. But overall we still have to accept that this is a white western extracted male dominated domain. I accept my part in the problem! We need to find ways for women and others that find their voice on here and to attract a broader and newer membership

This post was edited

You should point out which stories you believe to be Walter Mitty-esque! No use hiding behind broad statements I say!

I did say that they were so blindingly obvious its so easy spot one.

If you cant spot a fabrication then thats your problem not mine.

This post was edited

I don't really understand your statement, ** "But overall we still have to accept that this is a white western extracted male dominated domain." ** A real post that is pertinent is a good post regardless of the source. And then there's the obvious part . . . if the white western males left, the site would be decimated, both good and bad. Leave out the demographics and focus on real content.

This post was edited

We need to find ways for women and others that find their voice on here and to attract a broader and newer membership
This won't happen until you have a site limited to respectful nudists and naturists. Very few real nudist women have thick enough skin to stick around for more than a couple of weeks. If all the woman who joined but were run off were still here, it would be a very different site. There are ways to help fix that, but it comes down to $$$$ and willingness to take a short term hit to improve the site. If it were me, I would start by hiring an AI to review and purge the membership and by having a code of conduct that is enforced fairly. Will this happen? Not likely. There are alternative sites.

This post was edited

A positive way of playing nice in the sandbox of True Nudists might include the acceptance that this is a form of entertainment first, a way to bear witness to other people's views (and presumably bodies), to maybe learn something about sharing nudism in a more public way, and to show off oneself as second, third and fourth. No one is being forced to interact, though that may be assumed to be the main point of being here.

We all could stay home bare in the comfort of our private spaces, but we choose instead to seek out nude life forms and nude civilizations, to boldly go nude where no one has gone nude before! Staying in the twenty-third century for another moment - oh what a joy it would have been for Kirk and the crew of the Enterprise to happen upon a planet where all its inhabitants evolved without any want for clothes, and the wearing of any covering was considered a capital offense!

This post was edited