Christmas is over - now wheres the tree going?

Christmas is now over for the next 360 days or so; its time to start undecorating the tree & putting away the decorations until next year. But what do you do with your tree? Some folks have an artificial tree that is disassembled & put back in the box. The kicker is to put it back orderly so it can be reassembled next year without an outsized bottle of your favorite libation! Sometimes, thats really a challenge. Other folks went out and cut or bought a nice fir or juniper for the house and are currently looking for a good recycler or an out-of-the-way field to *rehome* it - LOL. I just saw where a local municipality had listed regulations with special places & times where they would dispose of it for you. Its almost as bad as a spare tire! Dont dare let the EPA find you disposing of one of those. Anyway, I have the easy solution; my live 5 foot Carolina Sapphire Cypress is getting added to the front yard (2+ acres) as part of the woodlands. Its the best of all worlds & the tree huggers even get to smile. How about that one!

This topic was edited
RE:Christmas is over - now wheres the tree going?

I used to have a fishing lake and the fishing club that leased it from me would bundle trees together, weight them down, drop 'em overboard and call them fishing reefs. They gave baby fishes a place to hide. Seemed to work pretty well. You can also grind them up and use them for mulch. Helps to have a grinder though. And one tree doesn't make much mulch. When I was a kid, we had a fireplace and would hack it up and burn it on New Years Eve. That was my all time favorite. Presently, I'm living in one of those cities that designates an area for people to dump their trees and the city gets rid of them somehow. I have no clue how. Landfill I presume.

This post was edited