Flashing in the Sauna

Let me preface this story by saying that I identify as a straight man but I can appreciate a good looking body no matter the gender. Also if I'm being completely honest, while I understand that nudism itself is not inherently sexual I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a bit of an exhibitionist side and I enjoy being seen.
So my gym has a sauna and steam room and for the longest time it was "clothing required" but one day the sign changed to "covering required" so I started going in in just a towel and ditching it if I was alone. Well one day this guy comes in and we make small talk and I mention saunas and steam rooms should be naked. He agrees and that's the last time we speak. However for the next little while he's in there every day same time as me and now he is also only sporting a towel.
At one point when it's just us in there he raises his towel up to wipe sweat from his face and flashes me his whole dick. I didn't know if it was intentional or not so I reciprocated and did the same thing. I then got up to go shower and he followed me. The showers are communal and most guys in there are prudes and they shower with bathing suits on but I obviously drop towel and let it hang.
He takes the shower head next to me so I wash myself in such a way so as to reveal all of myself to him to see if I can catch him sneaking glances to confirm my suspicions. Indeed he does.
So for the next two weeks I'd show up to the gym and he'd be there and it didn't matter if he had just started his workout if I went to the sauna he'd be in there moments later. I kept up the face wiping trick and at one point I pretended not to notice my towel fell open and I just sat there completely exposed for a bit and every time I went to the shower he was close behind.
It became problematic for me one day because I finished up my shower and went to my locker and he had taken the locker right next to mine which he'd never done before. That day I'd gotten a little too excited being on display and I had become fully erect. So with him right next to me I was embarrassed and tried to dress quickly I did see him snatch a few glances at my erect penis with a big smile on his face and I'm pretty sure he even giggled...
Unfortunately I had to travel for work so I let my membership to that gym expire. We never spoke a word to each other other than that initial conversation but talk about locker room bonding!

This topic was edited
RE:Flashing in the Sauna

Actually that sounds a little less like bonding and maybe you sending signals out for possible "cruising." That's not to say that this guy is a person interested in or someone who cruises. It just sounds like you basically gave him permission to look at you naked and be close when you are naked. As for the erection, you're both guys. You shouldn't ever really be embarrassed to have another male see you erect.

This post was edited

It's unfortunate that you lost contact after having good locker room chemistry. I wouldn't call being naked in a sanua flashing because that's the most natural way to bathe and how men have bathed together for centuries. As far as boners and giggling, I consider that bonding and chemistry over cruising, nor does it need to have orientation labels attached. Men are meant to enjoy the naked company of other men, it's all natural and all good and I hope it will continue for you in the future. Good luck.

This post was edited

It's unfortunate that you lost contact after having good locker room chemistry. I wouldn't call being naked in a sanua flashing because that's the most natural way to bathe and how men have bathed together for centuries. As far as boners and giggling, I consider that bonding and chemistry over cruising, nor does it need to have orientation labels attached. Men are meant to enjoy the naked company of other men, it's all natural and all good and I hope it will continue for you in the future. Good luck.

This post was edited

I personally don't consider being seen nude in the sauna as "flashing".
I occasionally use the sauna at the local gym. It's a college town so most of the others in the sauna are in their early 20s.
I typically strip down and lock up my clothes, take my shower first then enter the sauna and place my towel to sit on. I never cover up even when the "fully clothed" members are in there as well. To date , no one has commented one way or the other. Occasionally I have asked the others if they prefer I cover up. Sometimes when I'm the only one there, I'm laid out on the top bench and ask if they're okay with it when someone else enters. but to date no one has been negative about my full nudity.
The ratio of clothed to nude, even with a towel has only been about one in ten. It's always nice to see one of them enter with just towel(s) and not in full work out gear.
On occasion, if there is any dialog, I'll point out the advantages of sweating nude vs clothed but rarely any takers.
I suppose they are just being respectful of the naked old man in the room.

This post was edited

When I was in Iraq on a bigger FOB with an actual gym with showers I stood on the bench in front of my buddy dropped my pants and did the windmill in front of him. He laughed and told me that I was crazy.

This post was edited