The Lies We Tell Ourselves

I have always wanted to believe that I can separate the value of nudity from the sexuality of TN, but how do you really know? Well, I am about to find out. I have prostate cancer and one of the treatments is 18 months of androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) because the cancer feeds on testosterone. 18 months of no testosterone. I have enjoyed the photos on Elegant Nudist Ladies (and elsewhere on TN). I read every post of Flora's stories and their replies and enjoyed them as well, though I did not often comment myself. So ADT starts this Thursday and I wonder how interested I will be in the photos and stories after that. I honestly do not know, but for 18 months I will know. Hopefully, If I do lose interest, I will gain it back again when this is all over. I did look for prostate and breast cancer survivor groups on TN and they do exist but people rarely post on them. Although it is a little off topic, people do read the posts on ENL and I am curious to see how many other have gone down similar roads.

This topic was edited
RE:The Lies We Tell Ourselves

You have obviously received a *butt kicker* diagnosis and are getting your medical ducks-in-a-row to combat this disease. Thats about the best plan of action on your part, but you already know that. A little thing like the sexual content portion of TN is way down on your priority list. Get your treatments, do what the doc says and keep up the faith. And as far as interest returning, nature finds a way. Theres a reason were approaching 9 billion people on the planet . . . and its not waning interest! Keep us posted on your progress and well keep you in our prayers.

This post was edited

Thank you, John.

This post was edited

Really sorry to hear that Joe. You will of course fight this and win and the attractivity for the teases on ENL is obviously the last thing to worry.

Although in this respect two thoughts. Number one, testosterone doesn't explain it all, otherwise we ladies would hardly ever think of sex. The brain is the biggest sexual organ and it acts in many unknown ways, testosterone being but one of the many triggers. Do you think those very old ladies who use makeup and elegant clothes have an abundance of oestrogen?

The second is that we all separate nudism and sex most of the time. But this is ENL, where ladies want to feel attractive... and even yes, desirable. And where gents are invited to admit that yes, sometimes, maybe quite rarely but still sometimes they are attracted to the elegance of a nude lady. And that attraction doesn't always come from some philosophical thoughts about equality and sincerity but from something more basic, organic and ancestral.

So continue to enjoy whatever it was that you have enjoyed up to now and fight back in high spirits.

This post was edited

Hope all goes well, Joe.

I imagine that even without the drive, the aesthetic attributes of the ENL group and TN in general shall shall appeal. I expect they would for me, and I already feel less inclined to contribute to the more overt contributions anyway. One thing I have noticed since joining TN is I can now also appreciate the make aesthetic than I used to although still at a platonic level only!

This post was edited

I have always wanted to believe that I can separate the value of nudity from the sexuality of TN, but how do you really know? Well, I am about to find out. I have prostate cancer and one of the treatments is 18 months of androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) because the cancer feeds on testosterone. 18 months of no testosterone. I have enjoyed the photos on Elegant Nudist Ladies (and elsewhere on TN). I read every post of Flora's stories and their replies and enjoyed them as well, though I did not often comment myself. So ADT starts this Thursday and I wonder how interested I will be in the photos and stories after that. I honestly do not know, but for 18 months I will know. Hopefully, If I do lose interest, I will gain it back again when this is all over. I did look for prostate and breast cancer survivor groups on TN and they do exist but people rarely post on them. Although it is a little off topic, people do read the posts on ENL and I am curious to see how many other have gone down similar roads.

Are you also getting any more aggressive treatment such as chemo, radiation or proton therapy?

This post was edited

Joe, I, too, was diagnosed in 1986. At this time, the choices available in the small to mid-size city where I resided were very limited. I also benefited from the knowledge of my wife, a lifelong nurse who worked in oncology. My cancer had not spread outside of the prostrate yet, so I decided to seek a highly experienced surgeon in Houston, the epicenter of Cancer research and care in the U.S. I underwent a new robotic procedure to remove the prostrate but save the erectile nerves. I accepted the possible complications and made up my mind that it's better to be alive cancer-free and have limited libido than not.
I can tell you there is definitely a change from a lack of testosterone. I find myself much more 'emotional' than before; a sad line in a movie now brings tears.
I recall the surgeon explaining the changes that would happen. The one that caught my attention was the fact I would no longer be able to ejaculate but would still experience the rush of the sensation. He was correct; no sticky mess to worry about anymore!
Since I had mine removed and you are electing to have treatments, I can only voice my experience.
You will never be as you were down there, but it still does work, just more limited.
I just had skin cancer removed from my arm. I also just experienced my third colonoscopy, one that brought with it good news, no cancer down there! As my elders always said; it's hell to get old!
I have come to realize that I will never have the virility I was born with, but I am still here able to enjoy nudity, and the one thing I look forward to each day is the ENL group!
Take life one day at a time and enjoy each one. And yes, you will most likely still appreciate the beautiful ladies and dialogue there. For me, it has been a blessing to converse back and forth with Flora!
You have a friend, Joe!

This post was edited

Its still amazing to me what a great group this is ! Wow ! And thank you everyone for being this open about life !

Yes cancer in any fashion is not an easy process. Sucks getting older ! But then that what life is all about.

I believe that you have to be in a positive mindset to get through. Doesnt mean its easier, just means that you will get through it better. Both men and women are getting different types of cancer. Men with prostate and women with breast cancers. Doesnt mean we are another person after, we are still the same person. Just a little different !

A friend is going through Parkinsons right now ! His mind is not the same !

All the information we all have to share is important ! Glad to hear about the surgeon in Houston !

Please keep us informed of how it is going. It helps just talking about it and for others to understand.
Many naked hugs my friend !

This post was edited

I have had a very early breast cancer tumor. I opted for lumpectomy and no further treatment. Over five years ago. Regular mammograms. So far, so good. I hope it stays that way. The diagnosis is frightening and one has to have strength to get through it. Love you, Joe. Frogett aka Mary Anne

This post was edited

I'll add my very best wishes to you Joe, and if TN/ENL can be even a small part of keeping your mind positive, then so be it. I've never had such a threatening diagnosis, so I can't really imagine... but... best wishes...

This post was edited

ALASKA JOE
I had Prostate Cancer about 9 years ago. My exwifes had it a year before me. Someone told him about Proton Radiation Therapy and it was successful for him . My Urolgist was totally against it he want me go through Robotic Surgery. I spent days investigating Pronton Therapy on my computer. Their success rate was in over 90 percent. With no side effects including sexual. If you have ED it won't cure it but if you don't have ED it won't cause it. I talked to other men that other procedures and most of them had side effects.
I went to Loma Linda Medical University in Loma Linda Calif. I was there for almost 3 months getting the Therapy.. I understand they now have a higher dosage with shorter term. Loma Linda was first to start this procedure. They treat 150 men a day . I got to know many of them. They came from all over world to be treated at Loma Linda. Since my treatment there has been many more treatment places . I can't tell where they all are but know there's 1 now in Seattle and Oklahoma. There's a web site called BOB other internet. BOB stands for Brotherhood of The Balloon.
The reason is that drink lots of water before treatment then while your laying there they insert a balloon up your rectum and fill with water. That's to move certain organs out of line of the radiation beam. They make a body mold of you . That way your always in the same position. It's been 8 or 9 years since I had the treatment and I'm very satisfied with the results. My PSA remains about. 03 very good . I hope check into it. And wish the best and a great out come

This post was edited