RE:doordash driver penalized for refusing delivery to nudist customer who planned on exposing himself

All this seems to do is to give the real naturists among us a bad name

This post was edited
RE:doordash driver penalized for refusing delivery to nudist customer who planned on exposing himself

You are correct IMO. But there are some who use the labels nudist or naturist as cover for their own purposes who really do not care what the impact of their actions are others as long as they can "express" themselves.

All this seems to do is to give the real naturists among us a bad name

This post was edited

I take the side of the woman delivery driver. It's disrespectful to force unexpected behavior on others, in him telling her he WILL be answering the door nude. It's a completely different matter if he had politely asked her if that was acceptable, and for him to put on a robe if it wasn't.Andy its not disrespectful, its sexual harassment.

Your point is well-taken. I question if that would fit the legal definition of sexual harassment given that a doorway is a liminal space between a private space and social interaction, especially if you were to change genders to different scenarios. But that's something for lawyers to figure out.

Sexual harassment: behavior characterized by the making of unwelcome and inappropriate sexual remarks or physical advances in a workplace or other professional or social situation.

This post was edited

I heard everything I need to hear from the customer in his message to the delivery person. Cannot advocate for that kind of behavior but this is the world we live in now. I should get to do anything I want when I want without any care about the impact on anyone else.I say lets hear from the customer, I say if they are on here now's your chance to tell your side.

Again, I don't disagree here either. But let's face it you're taking the position of (because it's on Reddit) if it's on social media then it must be true.

Like many other comments here I also am careful and respectful about being a nudist. But also know I live in a world where non-nudists take many liberties to vilify, ridicule and ostracize nudists.

I come back to let's hear both sides of the story, and still not suggesting we may even hear a view from the other side that's anywhere near acceptable or even explainable. We just need to hear it before we okay judge jury and executioner

This post was edited

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't think it is ever appropriate to open the door to any delivery driver or other casual caller in the nude - unless there is a prior understanding that this is okay. While we naturists may see nothing wrong with nudity, there are those who do, and, IMO they should not be involuntarily exposed to it in the course of their work - particularly when the worker concerned is (of might be) a woman, who may find such behaviour threatening. How do you know what her prior experience of naked men may have been? I've been slow opening the door to one delivery guy, and it must have been obvious this was because I was pulling on some shorts, because he said 'No need to bother on my account' - but not everyone feels that way, and it is not unreasonable to respect that. After all, does it really damage your naturist credentials or cause you distress to have to cover up for 2 or 3 minutes?

This post was edited

You have misread the OP this was a ready article the Reddit comment was a separate situation where someone said they would do what the DoorDash customer did just to get a reaction. So you are basing you critique on a misreading of the post.
Again, I don't disagree here either. But let's face it you're taking the position of (because it's on Reddit) if it's on social media then it must be true.I come back to let's hear both sides of the story, and still not suggesting we may even hear a view from the other side that's anywhere near acceptable or even explainable. We just need to hear it before we okay judge jury and executioner

This post was edited

You are right that it may be considered unpopular but some. Isnt so strange that being respectful of others should be considered an unpopular opinion. I guess it a sign of the times but can't say it makes sense to me.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't think it is ever appropriate to open the door to any delivery driver or other casual caller in the nude - unless there is a prior understanding that this is okay. While we naturists may see nothing wrong with nudity, there are those who do, and, IMO they should not be involuntarily exposed to it in the course of their work -/quote]

This post was edited

It's a different matter if you have invited someone to visit socially and wish to remain naked - they are under no obligation to visit, so 'my house, my rules' and if they don't like it they can stay away. But when it is part of someone's job and they have no real choice in whether or not to come to your house, then what's wrong with simply saying 'BTW I'm a naturist - are you okay with that or would your rather I put some clothes on while you're here'?

This post was edited

I am a nudist/naturist., have been for for a long time.So far this week Ive opened the door for Mail, for Amazon deliveries, to two young men from the WWF asking for donations and to some kids selling candy to support their youth club football team.Non of these people have seen my dick.Do you know why?Its because Im a nudist, not a fucking pervert.There is no devils advocate here, there are just sad pricks getting a thrill.

He said it! and I totally agree with it!

This post was edited

I take the side of the woman delivery driver. It's disrespectful to force unexpected behavior on others, in him telling her he WILL be answering the door nude. It's a completely different matter if he had politely asked her if that was acceptable, and for him to put on a robe if it wasn't.

I agree with you.

This post was edited