speaking of technology......

I have about had it with what most call " auto correct" but i think a much better title would be "autogetwrong"
I typed " I wil be nude when you come over " to a new acquaintance just to give him a heads up. I hit send . Then I looked at what autogetwrong had decided that was the correct word that i meant to type . Guess what ... it changed nude to nice.
The guy responded with a question that asked why wouldn't i be nice?"

This topic was edited
RE: speaking of technology......

With most phones, there is an option in settings to turn off auto correct. My phone allows me to swipe across my key board to spell words rather than touching each letter individually. When in a hurry writing a text, some completely crazy sentences end up on my screen.

This post was edited

My wife gave me a desk calendar for my birthday ... "Damn you
autocorrect!"I get a good laugh every day! There are
some pretty funny text message foul ups from parents to kids and
visa versa, on the internet! :D
The latest funny was texting our friends and I was stating that we'd meet them at Casa ... (their last name). But when I sent it, autocorrect changed their last name to Jesus, so the text was "We'll see you soon at Casa Jesus!" My friends response ... "I better go to confession before then!" :D

This post was edited

I was trying to pick up my e-mail using a web mail service. Every time I tried to enter my e-mail address, it corrected it to something else. Couldn't sign in until I turned off the auto correct.

This post was edited

There are some pretty funny ones here.

https://www.damnyouautocorrect.com/13603/the-25-funniest-autocorrects-of-dyacs-first-year/

This post was edited

There are some pretty funny ones here.https://www.damnyouautocorrect.com/13603/the-25-funniest-autocorrects-of-dyacs-first-year/Those were some great ones! Di and I had a great belly chuckle! Thanks!!! :D

This post was edited

what about those annoying robo operators and menus you have to go thru to just to talk to some one at a business, this particular one asked for my last name and when i gave it it told me to give last name only (which is two syllables), by the third time of going thru this nonsensense i was really annoyed and was swearing at the phone, which it didn't recognize either.

This post was edited

And another thing...since we're talking about annoying technology; I'm sick of having to wave my hands around like a crazy person just to get water to come out of a faucet or to get paper towels in a restroom.
Also...I've grown tired of arguing with my car. I was getting close to a destination and took a slightly different route than the one it picked. It told me I had left my route and asked if I wanted to cancel navigation. It went like this: Car "Do you wish to cancel navigation? Please say yes or no." I said "Yes". Car "I'm sorry, I didn't understand that. Did you say Yes? Please say Yes or No." At this point, I'm maneuvering through construction and traffic, so I wasn't paying attention, and it's response confused me. Do I say Yes I said Yes or No, I said Yes...and I grunted something as I nearly rear ended someone, to which it responded "I'm sorry, I didn't understand that. Did you say No? Please say Yes or No. I said "What?" and we started again. At this point, my kids are apoplectic with laughter in the back seat, watching Daddy argue with the car.

This post was edited

Many years ago when voice directions were still a novelty , I was riding with my cousin who wanted to show it off to us. We were on our way to his mom-in-law's home which well all knew how to get to. He turned on the voice but did not put in a destination. The woman's voice kept telling us to make a legal u-turn as soon as possible. We could not figure out how to shut her up. Me punching buttons another guy reading the manual. This went on for 1/3of the way to put destinstion.

This post was edited

I had an employee that wouldn't pull out of our shop on a service call without setting his navigator. Even if the house he was going to 3 blocks away. And he's been there before! I particularly like waiting behind someone stopped at a green light while they text or play with their smartphone.

This post was edited

I had an employee that wouldn't pull out of our shop on a service call without setting his navigator. Even if the house he was going to 3 blocks away. And he's been there before! I particularly like waiting behind someone stopped at a green light while they text or play with their smartphone.I'm wearing out the horns on our cars with those texting people on the road! The lights in our city are all screwed up and haven't been adjusted in over a decade! According to the city Engineer and traffic engineer, it's something that is in the works but these damn lights are set to allow 4-8 cars at a time and that's it! If someone's on their damn phone and doesn't go as soon as they can, some poor bastard ... like me!, has to wait for another cycle of the traffic light! I hate those people!
I think there should be some sort of device on phones where they automatically shut off when the car's engine is on! Or a device on the new car's engines where cell phones are disabled when the engine is on. Something's gotta be done. It'sa fricken nightmare out there with all these people thinking they can text, talk and drive ...

This post was edited