RE: what motivates girls to become nude?

It seems to me that there's some pretty good insight on nakedtraci's profile.
Also note that there are MANY under 30 women with "curious" in their chosen nic.
Unfortunately, where gentel acceptance is required, we also find leering pervs. These create an impression that's going to be difficult to overcome no matter what. One bad apple DOES spoil the whole bunch.
I've flat out asked a few younger women what got them into this, and in almost every case it was one of two things.
Either a significant other took them skinny dipping privately, or they were born into it. Their parents were their influence.

This post was edited
RE: what motivates girls to become nude?

Hi!
My experience is that girls are in general more open to social nudity than guys when it really comes to getting nude spontaneusly. On the other hand, they do have a lot more reservations towards planned social nudity due to self-acceptance issues and dislike of of undesired attention. That's pretty much the reason why there are more men starting out on their own and women in larger part have "someone" to introduce them. Another reason is, simple beach/tanning nudity aside, women are less prone to organised social activities and thus less inclined without male company/encouragement to go to any environment like nude resort, nude get-together etc for the simple reasons that their natural threshold for participating in organised activities happens to be higher than on most males.
Unarguably some women are also partly motivated for nudity - at least occasional nudity or at the starting phase - by latent or open exhibitionism and seek of acceptance through nudity. These usually either find they do not get from nudie environment what they want, or understand and learn to appreciate other advantages of social nudity and thus continue.
On the other hand, many women are also not inclined to continue their nude social existance should they first time or during their initial "getting used to" phase have any unpleasant encounters. That could be anything really, as tolerance for harassment is much less when feeling more vulnerable and till one is comfy with being nude in company of others, it also unavoidably means feeling more vulnerable and taken even relatively innocent forms of attention easily as sort of harassment.
TravelNudie

This post was edited
As a female, why I went nude

In my 40's, slightly overweight, married 12 years, 6 kids. Use to go nude in Italy in my 20's due to the heat, but then came the kids and nudism was no more, never even thought about it again. Now in just looking at my life I must say while not boring it's not exciting either. Like many women in my situation life is just predictable. I started doing the housework nude and while weird and mirrors were not my friend, I found it made it much more pleasant. It expanded from there and I would tell any woman who's life is just at that point, when your day is yours, take a showerdon't get dress and go about your normal day at home you would be amazed at what it can do for you and where it just might take you. Give it some time try it for a week or so you will be pleasantly surprised. I'm a minority being a female nudist who got hubby into it, but will never go back the benefits both as an individual and as a couple have been tremendous, not a single negative.

This post was edited
RE: What motivates girls to become nude?

Assuming we are talking about nudism ( naturism ) as opposed to ( exhibitionist ) nudity, and this site does have both, and probably always willhave,particularly among some guys, then Iagree many of the same motivations about just soo enjoying the freedom and lifestyle it brings, and sharing that sense of freedom with others of similar mind. I think once many experience naturism once at say a foreign beach then they realise how good it is. Much more relevant ( and a totally different subject which I would guess has been discussed here elsewhere in different ways ) is what stops more girls being nude ? And much of that is unfortunately due to various attitudes and behavior exhibited by some of the males of our species. Anyway, continue on the chosen subject, whatever its motivation I woudn't want to digress. PS : I was kind of born into it ( naturist parents ) so can't really give a personal answer other than I feel lucky and have always been motivated to stay a naturist.

I don't feel that the question of what stops girls from being nude is a different subject, what keeps some from trying being nude is the same as what often gets them to stop. Too many men treat women as just a sex object and when women are nude they take it as an indication that the women are ready for sex from anyone. I have seen ladies leave ths site because of the harrassment. Many of the offenders were flagged and banned for their actions, but the true nudists need to continue to be vigalant and support the ladies here.

This post was edited
RE: What motivates women to be nudists

I read TCotta's comments about this and want to speak based on my wife's experiences. She would disagree about the nudity requirement. My wife is MUCH LESS COMFORTABLE when nuditiy isn't required of everyone. She feels naked in an environment where others aren't and feels much more watched. Males with clothes on make it particularly uncomfortable for her. So for her, clothing optional is an iffy experience because it implies that some are nude and others aren't and may be there to just watch. So while some women may be more comfortable when it is clothing optoinal, my wife finds that she feels leered at in those situationa dna much more free and comfortable if everyone has to have their clothes off.

This post was edited

I can see clothing optional as being good for someone who has never been nude in public. The park I go to all the time is that way and was easier for me the first time. I got undressed quickly when I got there, the people were nice and I felt strange being dressed while everyone else was nude. LOL
I have heard some resorts allow first time visitor to be clothed but nude on follow up visits. They do require you to be nude in pool or hot tub. I think that is a good alternative so a newbie can have time to adjust.

This post was edited

Having done it, I disagree with the "clothing optional" option, especially for a first-timer.
When I first arrived, everyone was at least partially clothed, and it just felt wrong. I persisted in staying a while, and maybe an hour later there were two or three nude people. Although still fully clothed myself, it started to feel like maybe I was in the right place. Not long after, I also stripped, and before long was among mostly nude people, at which point it felt perfectly OK, except for the clothed kids. That still felt weird, though they didn't notice or care. The few remaining clothed people still evoked a little trepidition, that not only was I in a totaly new and foreign environment, but from the people around me couldn't be certain what was "proper" for that environment. Having not yet been in a "nude required" environment, I can only speculate that it would have been more comfortable, but I do feel rather strongly it would.
Time, and experience will tell.

Some may think they'd be more comfortable in a "clothing optional" environment, and perhaps that should be available for them, but if my experience is any indication, it's like wearing a rented tuxedo to clean a clogged sewer. You *can* do it, but it doesn't mean you should.

This post was edited

Having done it, I disagree with the "clothing optional" option, especially for a first-timer. When I first arrived, everyone was at least partially clothed, and it just felt wrong. I persisted in staying a while, and maybe an hour later there were two or three nude people. Although still fully clothed myself, it started to feel like maybe I was in the right place. Not long after, I also stripped, and before long was among mostly nude people, at which point it felt perfectly OK, except for the clothed kids. That still felt weird, though they didn't notice or care. The few remaining clothed people still evoked a little trepidition, that not only was I in a totaly new and foreign environment, but from the people around me couldn't be certain what was "proper" for that environment. Having not yet been in a "nude required" environment, I can only speculate that it would have been more comfortable, but I do feel rather strongly it would. Time, and experience will tell. Some may think they'd be more comfortable in a "clothing optional" environment, and perhaps that should be available for them, but if my experience is any indication, it's like wearing a rented tuxedo to clean a clogged sewer. You *can* do it, but it doesn't mean you should.

Curt, while this may have been true for you (a man), Iknow that most (not all) women feel most comfortable their first time at a C/O venue. Most (not all) womenare comfortable taking their clothes off because it's what they've decided THEY want to do not because it's required or insisted upon. My first "social" experience nude was at a clothing optional camp. Had it been a requirement to be nude, I wouldn't have gone to begin with. A lot of women feel pretty much the same. I can say though, that the atmosphere at the place we went was so relaxed and matter of fact that I was completely nude within 15 minutes of being there.

This post was edited
RE: C/O vs. Full Nudity

Hehe...I can't believe I missed this thread over the last 5 months, my trolling skills must be slipping. lol

The reason I say that, is because this thread is important to me, as my wife is most certainly NOT a nudist. While she has no problems with my lifestyle (lol...she likes seeing me nude, I think she's blind lol), she has some major self image/confidence issues. So thank you to the ladies (and every one else for that matter) for sharing their experiences and/or suggestions. While I accept that she is not a nudist, I would like her to be and I truely think that given time and a lot of leeway, she may get there eventually. I don't want her to become one because that's what I do or that we can do more things together (though that would be a definate plus), but I truely feel that if she got into nudism it would do wonders for her self confidence. Nudism does so much for ones self confidence, as a general rule people don't judge you on your appearance, just accept you for who you are, not what you look like and I feel that would be very good for her to experience. Saying all that though, I'm not pushing her in that direction and if she never becomes one that's perfectly fine with me.

Anyways, on the topic of clothing optional or required, well I have to say I like clothing optional. lol...For one thing, my wife will actually go to that (and has in the past, well beaches mostly), but not only that, it allows people to ease into it. Sure, for some it's good that they jump in with both feet, but when it comes to displaying (and that's what it feels like the first time you do it) your naked body in a social setting, it can be VERY intimidating. Not just for women, but for men as well. At least with clothing optional you can go at your own pace and go from there. It's hard to get someone to do something if they feel forced to do it, everybody seems to have a bit of a rebel in them. lol

This post was edited
RE: What motivates girls to become nude?

This is a great topic for us.My new wife has agreed to try a co skinny dipping area in vermont.I used to go with my ex wife many years ago but my new wife has never been.I have told her that she only needs to do what she feels comfortable doing.She agreed to go topless and then see what happens from there.I think that the best approach is to lovingly compliment my wife and not be demanding or pushy.I think that once she feels the sun on her bare skin,the rest will come naturally.She has a wonderfull attitude about life and is not uptight so I really expect good results for us but it must come slowly with no demands.

This post was edited