RE:Why are you a nudist? What do you get out of this?

I don't have the luxury in the area i live many social nude locations. Or events. I don't get paid enough to be able to afford a Hot tub. And in this past year mt wife has had some health issues that made us need to relocate into a city. So i don't have the outdoor space to be natural in.

1. My nude time was kindof a mini vacation from realty.
On the internet i started to discover i was the only the enjoyed being nake. And reading the Bible i clearly see God has no problem with it. Even told one of his profits to spread his word that way.

2. When i found sites like this one i enjoy seeing the joy and genuine happiness others are enjoying in there photoes.

3. I've enjoyed sleeping naked for years . So I'm enjoying all the new evidence of health benefits from something i have already been doing.

This post was edited

from nudistbarefoot

Both of us here were late starters for us. Freedom of not having clothes on. Love the feeling of fresh air and the sun on the skin. It feels so much more natural being naked.

And good for the self-esteem as in accepting how you are feeling more relaxed when naked.

This is not posted as just the view point of male. its the view of both of us especially the self-esteem part refers much more to my wife Tracey who had a low view of herself.

You are touching on a very common themes in our discussion - a noticeable feeling of freedom from clothing, the self-giving permissions to be nude, the pleasant feeling of sun on the bare skin, finding an easy-going state of relaxation and an improvement in our self-acceptance of our own bodies and that of others as well.

thx for sharing!

This post was edited

thank you FreeLee for the comments. you are quite insightful

perhaps you would edit them and add a paragraph or two on your first experience and how you came to give yourself permission to dump the clothing :) it would fill in more of the back-story.

This post was edited

It's a long one Dan! One of deep inner reflection and challenge.....of myself. Fighting earthly demons. Learning to be the real me. Questioning the status quo and society. Kicking over sacred cows! Most of all, not conforming to someone else's expectations of who I should be.
Hence the name FreeLee.
I don't know if it will be an encouraging and insightful story or bore people to death!
It may be just short of a novel! :)

This post was edited

thx for your input Simon-new

That's 3 really wonderful benefits you've found and shared with us.

In summary, Simon Says,

1. My nude time is a kind of a mini vacation from realty.

2. On TN, and other websites, i found people experiencing the joy and genuine happiness of being nude, as evidenced their photos. And, i discovered i wasn't the only who enjoyed being naked.

3. I've enjoyed sleeping naked for years . So I'm enjoying all the new evidence of health benefits from something i have already been doing.

This post was edited

and "hi" back to you Lee,

here's my take on our human conditions that you point out.

Since all humans are born within the culture of their birth place and time, we have to deal with that the rest of our lives.
We are raised by parents who pass on the values and norms of their/our society.

In our youth, most of us seem to challenge the "that's the way we do it around here" constraints we are wrapped in.

As we get older and realize we have to live and work and exist in our given framework, so we try to find a self satisfying balance.

After we retire, and are no longer leashed to that paycheck and the rules that come with it, we can decide to be the person we want to be the rest of our lives with a greater sense of freedom.

Somewhere along the path of life we heard about "Nudists" and now we've decided to join 'em and soak in the freedoms that come with it. But that decision comes with the baggage of our earlier life.

All this reminds me of a book that was very useful to me. The Seasons of a Man's Life by Daniel Levinson. I highly recommend it to you. I found used ones on Amazon for 3.50$ . There were 3 follow-on books about "Passages" by Gil Sheehy. I think she was the grad assistant to Levinson. I also read Passages.
dan

This post was edited

thank you andy for sharing your story of how you discovered your essential nature - living naked.
for you, it's in the genes and always has been.

since I am looking for 3 nuggets to share with fellow TN members, I read your historical comments searching for them. I hope you don't mind that I've extracted them for placement here as a summary.

1) Living naked is the driving force that pulls at us in our daily/hourly life. It's our normal way of life and has been for almost 45 years.
2) Therefore, we live naked, we socialize naked and we have found/created a circle of long time naked friends to share our life and activities with.
Along the way I was glad to find out that I was not alone in my preferences for being naked
3) And most importantly, I found a soulmate for my need to be naked who enjoys #1& #2 as much as I do.

THANK YOU DI!

This post was edited

Thank you Robert for sharing your journey. it has been a long one for you.

I think you have not yet arrived to where you want to be, but you are making progress in the desired direction.
And I am sorry that you and your wife had that hurtful experience, from which she retreated back to the safe place.

To summarize your thoughts:
By finding this website you are seeing the possibilities of making new relationship with other like-minded friends that you can now open up to and say welcome friend. You are thankful the hope found and the opening doors.

This post was edited

After 2 weeks+ of comments, I am going to add a couple more of my "Paybacks" for being a nudist:
4: The pleasure of seeing kids running free without any self-consciousness. what a joy!
5: Having my wife join me in this pursuit of the naked life.

thank you to all who have contributed to the discussion!

This post was edited

hi all,
thx for contributing to this discussion thread.
you may remember or read my early blog on "Things My Wife has Said to Me".
I wrote this because, I started this naked thing and she has followed along.

it's time to update the blog and add one new thing she has said. she did this in response to my verbal question:
"why are you a nudist now and what do you get out of this?"

she replied: "it's something you want to do and I want to do it because you are and I want to be you."

I am reminded of the many times I have heard that over my 50+ yrs of married life. Let me remind you, guys, marriage is a two-way street!
Please be as willing to say the same thing to your wife as they are willing to say it to you!

This post was edited