RE:Terminology *Bisexual*

Well put it! I hope people stop use alcohol as an excuse to what they really like and enjoy!

This post was edited

I am now an older, single male. I enjoyed having sex with a woman. In recent years, I discovered I enjoy sucking dick. What am I? I am looking forward to having sex with a man, don't know whether I am a top or a bottom or both. I could see myself, one day, in a three-way with a man and woman and switching off. What am I? Art from LI

You are human.

This post was edited

Bisexuality, homosexuality, and heterosexuality are terms to describe your sexUALITY. They describe who you could see falling in love with and having a long term relationship with. Bisexuals don't discriminate who they love based on gender. The actual sex acts are a different matter. Sex is just sex, a hand is a hand, a mouth is a mouth, an ass is an ass, no matter who they belong to, or even if only yourself. Sex with a man is not bi-sex any more than sex with a woman. It's just sex. Otherwise you could say a married hetero couple has gay sex whenever they do anal, because that's how gays do it.
And since we all masturbate, you could say we are all bisexual.
I, myself, will accept the label human and my sexuality as human sexual.
I think that many see the term "gay" as a lifestyle embodied by flamboyant and feminine acting men more than the sex act, and that is why they choose not to use that term to describe themselves. Good luck at attempting to end bigotry in the world.

This post was edited

Outside of the realms of gender fluidity, I accept that sex as an act is either heterosexual/straight or homosexual/gay.

I'm curious, where do you put masturbation? Homo, because it's same sex? Or is there a 3rd option, monosexual perhaps?

This post was edited

To me I dont mind any label, I consider myself bisexual but if Im considered gay when Im having sex with men it matters not to me. I personally love sex with both men and women and you can label me what you choose it doesnt change me or what o do.

This post was edited

Recently I've started using the term "heterodivergent." It's borrowed from the term neurodivergent to describe people whose brain differences affect how their brains works. I like these terms because they disregard a potential set of expectations and behaviors without ascribing to another one. I see it like a more neutral form of the term queer, which rejects heterosexual norms by embracing a once derogatory term.

As a dad, I want to give my 18 year old son full freedom to be himself and build on his strengths. He's on the autism spectrum (neurodivergent) and has admitted to maybe being bisexual (heterodivergent). I accept both as who he is and evolving to be. At this point his social development is delayed, so I'm encouraging him to be interact more with people and be bisocial in order to develop his sexuality.

Does the term "heterodivergent" work for you or does it sound too clinical or something else?

This post was edited

Does the term "heterodivergent" work for you or does it sound too clinical or something else?

That seems like a broad enough term to not be useful.
It just suggests something other than heterosexual.
Bisexual specifies interest in more than one gender.

This post was edited

To me I dont mind any label, I consider myself bisexual but if Im considered gay when Im having sex with men it matters not to me. I personally love sex with both men and women and you can label me what you choose it doesnt change me or what o do.

A label is just that, a label, it doesn't change who we are. Who we are is paramount, not any tag that others attach to us.

This post was edited

We live in a very strange time when the society says we should be our own true selves but many want to impose labels on us left and right, and chastise for choosing a label of our own choice that they dont agree with. Maybe we should just ditch the labels altogether. I think each one of us is actually unique and we should screw the labels. Live your life, dont live a label.

This post was edited