RE: Private profiles and pictures.

Unfortunately, until nudism becomes mainstream, there will be the need for some to hide their profiles. Medical professionals, teachers, clergy, politicians, all have a career and livelihood to lose, due to the negative connotation nudism has. This will continue until such a time, as we can present nudism as a normal lifestyle in our culture and not a perversion. The best way to do this is to continue to fight the encroachment of filth in the nudist community. To those who say that it takes all kinds to make a nudist community, I would say, the textile world does not put up with inappropriate behavior, the nudist community should do no less. As long as we allow inappropriate behavior in our open activities, we will never be accepted by the textile world as a legitimate movement. This is a sad thing for our friends who are in a public, scrutinized career. There is a time and place for everything, even in the nudist community. I agree there are many who need some respect and privacy. but to have no photo? even a pic of your foot is better than nothing. just my 1 cent.

This post was edited

agreed, private profiles should not have the ability to post or chat. This is a SOCIAL site.

This post was edited

How many moderators on this site have private profiles?
And for my 2 cents I agree open legged display of genitals or photos that have the genitalia as centre of the photos should be killed off, but then that might affect the sites revenue as the voyeurs wont pay to see benign photos.

This post was edited

How come all of the people against private profiles are ALL using fictitious names?

This post was edited

Screen names usually reflect a quality or something about us. Sometimes it can be a conversation starter. ALL people against private profiles aren't using fictitious names... Some are!

This post was edited
RE: Private profiles and messages.

Private profiles and messagesPerhaps just me as i generally access the site from my mobile phone, but i cannot send a message or friend request to anyone who has marked their profile as private. If i click on the message button, it asks me to join or login, despite the fact that i am already logged in. Even if i click the login button, the problem is not resolved.

This post was edited

I'm confused as to why anyone would have a private profile. The purpose of the site is to interact with other nudists isn't it? If you have a private profile how can people know anything about you and decide if they want to interact with you and possibly become a friend? I don't go down the list of all members looking for friends but rather go into chat or read forums. While there I sometimes check out participant's profiles. When I come across a profile that says for friends only I just ignor it and go on. Same with the pictures. If all the pictures on a person's profile say for friends only I shrug and leave those alone too. I can understand to an extent people making some pictures private because there are those here who perv and are not really true nudists but clothed or just face pictures are easy enough to upload and include for everyone to see. I know it is every person's right to limit who can view them but why bother to even get on the site if you don't let anyone see anything about you?I thought it was hilarious when somone asked to be friends with me and when I checked out his profile it said for friends only. I denied the friendship because I couldn't find out anything about himI am in complete agreement.

This post was edited

I am a new member, and a new Naturist. In fact, I am technically a naturist virgin because I have yet to go to a CO place.
My take is this:
If you are going to be seen, in public or public forum inphotos or videos without textiles, IMHO youare hypocritical to complain about how others see you oruse images of you for their own pleasure.The only issue I have with anyone using the images I post on this site of me in any state of dress is if they profit from it. In that case, I would ask "Where is my cut!"
If some idjit gets all excited over photos ofme, so be it. As long as he does not search me out and start harassing me personally, I ain't got not problem with it.

This post was edited

In a nudist venue, YOU control who sees you nude by virtue of that fact that YOU have chosen to be nude in a specific place and time, around a specific group of people. Not so when your nude pic is on the net.
When at a nude location physically, such as a resort, there will usually be a rule that no photos are allowed. Being required to post a nude photo would be roughly equal to allowing cameras at a resort. Your image then can make it's rounds to places unknown. So, I perfectly well understand people who do not wish to publish for general viewing nude photos or any identifying photos.

That said, I also think since the capability/permission exists to not post photos or mark them for friends only, profiles should be public. You do get to chose the info and your user name. But information that tells a bit about you is unlikely to allow someone to pick you out of the 7 billion people on the face of the earth.

So, fill out your profile with enough info to give a bit of a view of your interests and ponder what level of photographic exposure you are comfortable with.

There is another nudist site will allow private profiles and interestingly enough, the members photos are often public! Long after they have left the site, their discontinued profiles have viewable photos. That is what I call strange!

This post was edited