RE: Are the Chat Room Mods REALLY necessary?

Do skydivers need parachutes? Do scuba divers need tanks? Do I need more money? YES YES and YEEEES. Just as the chatrooms need Mods. Since the mods have been in chat it has made a 180 degree turnaround. They have made it a fun place to be again.

and isn't that what it is all about!! cn

This post was edited

If people don't like the rules, they are under no obligation to remain here. I suggest they look for a site more suitableto their perversity.

This is what I am talking about with the judgement by the people who frequent here. Because the overzealousness of some moderators in chat offends some people they are classified as perverts. I find this amazing. How can this fellow even look himself in the mirror with his hypocrisy?. He makes snap judgements and is offended when people make the same judgements about nudists?. This fellow is not the only one here who is offensive in trying to enforce the clique mentallity that exists in some people here but this kind of mentality is what kills sites such as this.

I do believe moderators are an asset to the site but I also think they should be as unintrusive as possible. I have been yelled at by a moderator for once cracking a joke about Obama. I do not consider pushing the chat away from topics that are not offensive sexually as being unintrusive. I consider that as big brother and not allowing the chat to flow with adult conversation. I do understand the references regarding sex as being out of bounds when it starts offending people but a political remark about the government? I do not believe a moderator's power of muting should extend to places where the site owner has not specifically banned. This is an example of moderators taking too much power where they shouldn't.
I think moderators should be there but their existence shouldn't be out front with whips, chains and jackboots wearing a cape in the name of what they subjectively consider common decency. I suggest a more clear policy of what they can censor and how to remain more in the background instead of an 'in your face' policy they have now. For instance, why is there a notification in the chatroom when somone has been muted?. Is this a 'lesson' for all that big brother is not going to stand for such behavior and you best get in line before this whip is craked on your head as well?
As i said.. if this is how the site owner wants his chatroom run then i suggest you guys enjoy being happy with your level of discourse and old biddy librarian attitudes shh'ing you at every witty turn of a phrase that one person subjectively feels is not what they want to hear. For I won't be there. I prefer a place where the less rules the better and the more clear those rules are the better I like it.. For i was muted because the moderater admitted he wasn't actually paying attention to the topic. He just didn't like the one line I said without knowing the context of the conversation. I told the guy perhaps instead of jumping on that button it might be better customer service to actually ask the offender.. see how evil that is to even say?.. ask the offender what he said and meant before advertising to the room that .. he.. yet again.. put another notch on his pistol and muted someone.

So. .to conclude.. yes.. moderators are necessary.. whether this current crop of moderators are properly trained and following what the site admin wants.. only he can answer that. For myself..I spend little time in chat because of the moderators and if this is they type customer service this site wants to give then I won't be joining. Personally, I'm waiting to see how things change if at all.

This post was edited

You have certain perverts on this site who do not know how to act around nude people or in chat rooms. They are the ones that are causing the ladies to leave.

This post was edited

I agree with both sides of this topic.
On one hand the MODs (Super Cops) are needed without question. (same as Police in the real world)
On the other hand a percentage of the mods here are not conducive to harmonious chat due to their perceived WRONG behaviour boots/bans. Many of these are questionably borderline offenses.
If some yobo is wanking directly on cam then because of the rules he should be banned. Disrespecting the ladies should be banned.
Replying to name calling from a regular is NOT bannable in my opinion.
There are some that are very good at being mods but I fear they are few.
Power Corrupts.

Perhaps term limits or mods to mod the mods?
This site has very quickly become VERY cliquish and new chatters who come and issue greetings are mostly ignored as the "Regulars" promote their own egos and self worth.

Ban me also for my thoughts on the subject.

This post was edited

The site owner has the ability to come into chat unseen and has done so at times. He is in effect moderating the mods. There is also a link to report abuse at bottom on chat page, It can be used if you feel a mod is being unfair.

While it is true that the regulars are quick to respond to their friends coming in, most also respond to newcomers and welcome them. There are times when the chat is moving so quickly that things get missed. That is not intentionally ignoring someone, they just missed it.

I hate having to boot someone, I would much rather everyone have a good time chatting, whether new or regular.

This post was edited

REFRESHER COURSE 101:
https://www.truenudists.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=12506

So yes, there are guidelines that we follow....

This post was edited

Perhaps the real problem is that different mods have different standards. at least one appears to tackle the job with the zeal of an FBI officer without any humour.

This post was edited

Check on other threads regarding the number of women who have left TN due to harrassment and sexual abuse, then ask your question again.

Yes i am often shocked at the blatant chatting up of the gals on open chat, and rarely see any such abused kicked off even when a mod is on hand. That must be the main reason so many gals leave the sire allegedley

This post was edited

Check on other threads regarding the number of women who have left TN due to harrassment and sexual abuse, then ask your question again.
Yes i am often shocked at the blatant chatting up of the gals on open chat, and rarely see any such abused kicked off even when a mod is on hand. That must be the main reason so many gals leave the sire allegedley

Actually, the "gals" who leave the site do so because of the constant harassment and unsolicited sexual advances madeto them in private chats. That is why the women who chat in the open chat constantly tell people, "I'm not pm'ing talk to me in the main room." Or who have a "scrolling" message on their cam that says "NO PM's". That is the #1 complaint mods get.And the#1 reason people get kicked out of chat, for sexually harassing women (and other men) in pm's. 2nd on that list are people who masturbate on cam. 3rd on that list are those who need constant reminder's and warnings- day in and day out - that faces need to be on cam. 4th on that list would be those who troll, make random inflammatory statements and purposely provoke arguments with the mods and other users.

Unless one is actually masturbating on camor is sexually or otherwise harassing ANY member in a pm (either of thosewill elicit an IMMEDIATE kick - no warnings), any member who has been kicked out ofchat has been given mulitple warnings, often by multiple mods. If they choose to ignore those warnings or choose to consider those warnings to be "threats", that is theirchoice. To feign surprise, ignoranceor indignation after multiple warnings, when one finally does get kicked, is also quite common.

Kicks are not limited to men abusing the chat room. Although less common, there are women who abuse the chat room as well. They, too, get kicked.

Yes, the mods have guidelineswhich they follow as closely as possible. And, contrary to the belief of some, mods don't like kicking people out. Actually we really dislike it when it becomes necessary. And we don't like the notification in red letters that occurs in the new, upgraded room. It is a distraction and interruption of the normal chat flow. When someone is kicked out, there is documentation of why the kick occured, should it ever come up for question with TT1 (the site owner). If any one feels that any mod has been abusive, there is a contact button at the bottom of every page.

Mods are also human.Mistakes happen. But considering the number of cams we keep an eye on, chat flow we pay attention to and pm's that we respond to (sometimes as many as 10 at a time), those mistakes happen rarely. When a mistake is made, we are the first to admit to it, apologize to the person it happened to, apologize in the public room when it is warranted, send messages to TT1 letting him know a mistake was made and still get slammed for it and have it held against us.

But back to the OP's original question, are mods necessary? Yes. Because too many users are incapable or unwilling to follow what amounts to6 very simple rules that they AGREE to before entering the chat room:
1.No Sexual Discussion, or Sexual Activities on Chat
2. No Crotch Shots. Faces on cam please.
3. If you do not want to be seen on your cam. Do notuse it. Your cam is visible to all users. (or use the block feature, these rules were written before that feature was available)
4. Please talk nice. No trolling.
5. Flag users who do not follow the rules. (or report them to a mod, these rules were written before mods were implemented)
6. Have Fun!

Jen

This post was edited

Gosh , the above responses were truly eye opening. Here is what I know:
I am not a "perv", nor do I appreciate any implication that I am (nakedspark). I
object to mods because in the hundreds of times that I have been in the
chat room, I can count on one hand the amount of times someone
was truly unruly. Perhaps I am giving this community too much credit, or perhaps
the rest arent giving this community enough credit. I was booted simply
because I commented on someone being booted (which I agree with the poster who
suggested that minimally this action should not be broadcasted). But
Tx, my chat room exchange was hardly "inflammatory". It became
aggressive when I asked the mod not to threaten (to boot) me, and
then I was booted.
I guess the mod didnt have to take my "crap",
afterall the rules are the rules, and besides that mod had a ZAP button. It is that very lack of discretion that beckons your attention.
Here is what I've learned:
There are plenty of members on here that
have genuine disdain for plenty of members on here. One member even
compared a mod to a "parachute". The last time I checked, one saves
lives - but boy, what a truly telling statement.
I would submit to you that mods operate more like hall monitors (not
parachutes). While they are empowered to keep order in the halls, lets
face it .. they are generally more interested in making sure you have
your hall pass than truly adding a more effective layer of security
other than that which is already in place.
For example:
With regard to male members making unsolcited advances to a woman, can't that woman simply BLOCK that user? If it happens too often, arent you able to turn off the ability to receive PM's? (if not, note to site owner). With regard to masturbation on cams, thats gross - but as I said earlier - I wont watch the cam (i have that choice). Umm, I am not sure I understand the face on cam rule, seems dumb if the guy isnt doing anything lude - but heck that a different topic all together. Wth regards to trolling, wow, other than my complaining about the mods, how much of this eggregious behavior actually occurs?

This post was edited