RE:Mowing the Yard Nude

Stancheshire, I WISH more of my neighbors worked a steady-hour sort of job, but quite a few, up and down my street, are retired or semi-retired. Their coming-and-going is pretty erratic, during the day. I would LOVE to be able to mow the front lawn nude

Minimalist, who know? As the season continues and the weather gets HOTTER, I may be inspired to mow the front yard in only shorts. In addition to some pretty SKIMPY shorts, I also have a pair of jean-looking underwear. I've been meaning to FRAY the edges so they look even MORE like cut off jeans. From a distance, I think these would be OK. to mow in. What do you think?

This post was edited

Stancheshire, I WISH more of my neighbors worked a steady-hour sort of job, but quite a few, up and down my street, are retired or semi-retired. Their coming-and-going is pretty erratic, during the day. I would LOVE to be able to mow the front lawn nudeMinimalist, who know? As the season continues and the weather gets HOTTER, I may be inspired to mow the front yard in only shorts. In addition to some pretty SKIMPY shorts, I also have a pair of jean-looking underwear. I've been meaning to FRAY the edges so they look even MORE like cut off jeans. From a distance, I think these would be OK. to mow in. What do you think?

As I used to say when I got the mail or newspaper or juggle cars in the driveway in my boxers, of someone can tell there not shorts, they're looking too closely. Now that I don't have any underwear, I have to wear shorts in most cases, but I have occasionally done any of the 3 in a towel.

This post was edited

I have mowed my entire lawn nude. I use a zero turn cub cadet with steering wheel. It is the only way to mow. I was mowing one day by the road and the neighbor was mowing his horse pasture that's beside the lawn. I had another time I was nude and another neighbor was checking fence when he was using my pasture. Not sure if either one saw me and nobody said anything. I have gotten done mowing and go inside and see that my entire body has a burn on it. I did get daring and mowed down the road and I was nude. I had a truck drive by me but I don't think he noticed. If your going to mow nude you have to be brave.It never bothers me being nude.

This post was edited

Stancheshire, I WISH more of my neighbors worked a steady-hour sort of job, but quite a few, up and down my street, are retired or semi-retired. Their coming-and-going is pretty erratic, during the day. I would LOVE to be able to mow the front lawn nudeMinimalist, who know? As the season continues and the weather gets HOTTER, I may be inspired to mow the front yard in only shorts. In addition to some pretty SKIMPY shorts, I also have a pair of jean-looking underwear. I've been meaning to FRAY the edges so they look even MORE like cut off jeans. From a distance, I think these would be OK. to mow in. What do you think?

Fortunatley we have a small front lawn which this year we have let it return to nature and hopefully grow some wild flowers, so no longer need to mow it, so what to wear or not to wear is not an issue any more, i do like your jean looking underwear i am sure they would be convincing even close up i like them. I have seen pictures of jeans painted on to a naked body how about trying that !

This post was edited

Tanner, those shorts look reasonably convincing going by the photos. Certainly enough to pass for a casual glance unless from really close.

This post was edited

I have mowed my entire lawn nude. I use a zero turn cub cadet with steering wheel. It is the only way to mow. I was mowing one day by the road and the neighbor was mowing his horse pasture that's beside the lawn. I had another time I was nude and another neighbor was checking fence when he was using my pasture. Not sure if either one saw me and nobody said anything. I have gotten done mowing and go inside and see that my entire body has a burn on it. I did get daring and mowed down the road and I was nude. I had a truck drive by me but I don't think he noticed. If your going to mow nude you have to be brave.It never bothers me being nude.

Do you live on a lightly traveled road?
I live on a busy through street across from a high school so my situation is different.

This post was edited

Mininimalist75, other than being just a BIT "unsightly", I don't really have a problem mowing the front yard without a shirt. One of the neighbors runs around without a shirt all the time. The National Weather Service is predicting a long HOT summer for Australia this year, so THAT may provide just the "incentive" needed to mow the front yard topless. I'll just have to be a little more judicious in my selection of shorts.

Talllanky, I would think that SITTING on a riding mower would, in itself, "disguise" the fact that you were nude. Most of the naked bits would be out of sight. A casual observer would have to be paying exceptional attention to notice! I'm SURE that makes it even MORE fun to mow your property naked... and run into the occasional distant "observer"! It's been mentioned before, in several posts, that, by and large, most people tend to IGNORE things in their peripheral vision.

Stancheshire, sounds like you have found a nice solution to the "to mow... or not to mow... naked" question. I hope you get a nice crop of wildflowers! Maybe your NEXT "dare" could be getting some nude photos of you... laying in the flowers! I have actually thought about painting on a pair of shorts to mow the front yard in, and I may have to try that one day... HOWEVER... unless you can do a creditable job of the body painting, which USUALLY requires a bit of DETAIL to make it look "real", body paint would probably be best coupled with a top or shirt so that it's just the LEGS that show. It would still be FUN mowing the front yard in a semi-Donald Duck mode!

This post was edited

I replied a while back but here is an update. We are into autumn and much cooler temps here in Indiana now. But the grass is still growing.
We had a sunny day yesterday and so I started mowing donald ducking long sleeved shirt only. Part way thru I unbuttoned it. Then once in the sheltered from the wind area I even took it off. Felt good to be head to toe sun while being productive.

When i moved here I was mowing about 1 acre. But I have allowed the vegetation from the woods to the west and north, and from the county ditch to the south to creep into the yard along the edges. Plus a rather agressive stand of bamboo in the center of the yard has taken up
a big patch and added a lot of privacy from the road. As a result I only mow 3/4 acre now which means less time , less gas and more vegetation
than just grass edge to edge. Some might think it a bit over grown but they do not live here, I do.

This post was edited

noodengr2, it's nice to hear from another Nude Mower Man. And it's great that you got to do your mowing yesterday, with at least PART of it fully nude!

As your mowing season comes to an end, ours, here in Oz, is just beginning, so there will be quite a few days, in the coming months, to "experiment" with different styles and degrees of nudity while mowing.
Your property sounds really nice... and conducive to nude mowing! As for what OTHERS may think: Let 'em eat cake! LOL. Like you said: YOU live there. THEY don't!

This post was edited

SunnysideSteve, thanks for "the vote of confidence" re: the denim cut-off look alike underwear. I agree with you that the shorts LOOK pretty convincing, especially from the BACK. They become a bit more "questionable" from the FRONT, because they don't QUITE "hang" like a pair of cut-off jeans would. Still... I think I'm going to have to give these a go and mow the front yard with these shorts and no top... when the weather gets warmer.

This post was edited