RE:Florida?

I would love to have bike ride in FL. St.Petersburg tired around 2008 or 2009 and it was a flop. Too many hurdles by city government. The political climate n Tampa and St. Pete is much better now.I think the political climate in Fort Lauderdale and more so Wilton Manors would probably be our best bet.Plus one of the guys in our group has some political connections that will at least get us in the door to put forth a proposal. We all agree that Bicycle awareness and safety will be our primary objective since hit and run seems to be a regular sport down here.

So Wilton Manors is a separate city and not a part of Ft. Lauderdale?
How about Miami Beach?
I would think that a community that accepts both genders wearing only a thong would be easy to convince that a nude event would be permissible.

This post was edited

Yes, Wilton Manors is a separate city, so to do the route we are initially thinking of we would have to coordinate with both the City of Wilton Manors and Fort Lauderdale.
Keep in mind we have not even done any serious planning yet, just bouncing ideas at this point. We won't even start until mid September
I have never done anything like this, organizing any kind of event before, so this is a learning experience for me.
We want to make sure our initial proposal is done right

This post was edited

Yes, Wilton Manors is a separate city, so to do the route we are initially thinking of we would have to coordinate with both the City of Wilton Manors and Fort Lauderdale.Keep in mind we have not even done any serious planning yet, just bouncing ideas at this point. We won't even start until mid SeptemberI have never done anything like this, organizing any kind of event before, so this is a learning experience for me.We want to make sure our initial proposal is done right

I certainly understand the advantages of connections and I know that Ft. Lauderdale is thong tolerant, which might help.
However, if you run into roadblocks, I still think that Miami Beach may be a possibility, since they openly accept topless women and thongs on both genders.

This post was edited

Possibly, But I currently live in the Fort Lauderdale / Wilton Manors area, as do my co-conspirators, so we know the area and it would be easier to set up a route here. Despite living in South Florida for over 20 years now, I have only been to Miami Beach (Haulover is in Sunny Isles) about a dozen times so I don't know the area very well.
This is going to be difficult enough since none of us have ever organized anything like this before, so we do not want to complicate matters.

This post was edited

Another drawback to Miami Beach would be the traffic issues it would create. It's almost like Manhattan by the ocean. The three years we stayed Ft. Lauderdale and the one stayed in Hollywood we went to Miami Beach for a day to visit friends who rented a seasonal apartment there and/or go to a concert. There is an organization there called the New World Center that is essentially an internship for aspiring orchestra members who already have their undergraduate degrees. We tried Hollywood once because I thought that the walk along the beach with stores and restaurants would make us feel more at home since it was what we are used to living in NJ. While that was true, we found that it was not well lit like similar places in NJ, and there were some dicey neighborhoods nearby. When we got to the apartment house where we were staying. we found out that the hot tub and section of the deck around it were clothing optional, no problem for me but it made my wife uncomfortable.

This post was edited

Ocean Drive in South Beach has been closed to auto traffic since 2020.

This post was edited