Spanish holiday home naturists wrong to insist on nudity, court rules

Thoughts on this, is it right to insist on nudity in naturist settings?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/feb/17/spanish-supreme-court-rules-against-group-of-holiday-home-naturists?CMP=share_btn_tw

This topic was edited
RE:Spanish holiday home naturists wrong to insist on nudity, court rules

Well it seems reading the article that this was not unanimously agreed by all the residents, so no, I don't think you can enforce it,
And maybe more to the point, why would you want to ?? As long as those that want to be naked can be, I fail to see the point in trying to tell everyone else what to do,

This post was edited

Don't know if it was brought up in the case, but there is a compelling reason, at least in the pool and definitely in any hot tub type of environment. Clothing is especially hard on the water quality, making it dingy, mostly due to soap (detergent). My hot tub only sees swim suits when there is a party of some type at my house (I have one young niece whose birthday is in July, so pool party it is). The Hot tub has to be drained, cleaned, and refilled the next day due to the soap introduced that the filters can't remove (and the filters cleaned). The water clarity is abysmal. While the pool takes a hit, due to much greater volume and much cooler water, it's not as bad, but is noticeable for a few days. Most of it tends to accumulate, floating, in the skimmer basket, and can be manually removed. Some gets trapped in the ZeoSand filter and backwashed out.

It would be interesting to know what, if any, legal paperwork was required when people bought (rented/leased) in the community, specify that they acknowledged the nudity required in certain areas. While I have never owned or leased in a nudist community, when visiting such places the rules are clearly spelled out that no clothing is allowed in the pool/hot tub water.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Well it seems reading the article that this was not unanimously agreed by all the residents, so no, I don't think you can enforce it,And maybe more to the point, why would you want to ?? As long as those that want to be naked can be, I fail to see the point in trying to tell everyone else what to do,

I must agree all the naturist environments i have visited have also had the occasional person dressed, to me they are the odd ones out and would of thought they would conform to the norm

This post was edited