Possible solution .

I have 1 possible solution. One that would atract a lot more readers that have never thought of looking on the net . Make a flyer and copy some prints and post them around town and the surrounding area . If you have to then make some tear off tabs at the bottom of the flyer so they can call for info . they may not follow through if they have to get a pen and paper out to write down everything . just a suggestion .

This post was edited
RE: Resources

On the other hand, when my ex and I were mid twenties and decided to try going nude, we found a place that was listed as 'clothing optional'. Now for what that's worth, seems to scare away those who are nudists. But we found, that given a guided tour, clothed, that we got a chance to see the 65 acres worth of nude area, and the funny thing that happened, understanding that my ex-wife then wasn't totally convinced, was that as we were getting the tour, we felt as if everyone was starting at us because we were different, i.e. had clothes on. That implied encouragement, shall we call it, determined whether we were going to stay or leave. We also knew that if we stayed, we didn't want to feel alienated, that we'd have to match the environmental attire. It was a soft, no pressure, introduction to the lifestyle, without demands or threats that we 'had to be a certain way'. We decided to stay, got undressed and was welcomed and felt very comfortable, Now, almost 20+ years later, I still no clothes...
Steve

This post was edited
RE: Young people and promoting nudism

So you think that's where the future of nudism/naturism lies, then?

This post was edited
RE: Recruit younger members!

Swifthawk you forgot about that trip to school in the 3 feet of snow also being uphill both ways

This post was edited

Thanks to everyone for the comments. Welcome Jade. I'll refrain from sending you a friend request, I know you are getting bombarded.

Sorry I have been away lately everyone. I have a update on my profile. I'll try to catch up so I have something intelligent to say. Other than that, thanks everyone for helping to secure my way of life. I think the median age of nudists in the US is like 55 and I'm on the short side, thus I'd like to get some more younger one's in so I'm not the last one at the dance.

Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited
Younger Nudists needed

I believe that as people get olderthat, theyare more comfortable with their bodies. The younger generation, although more sexually active and flirtacious, do not have the ability..... in general..... to be able to seperate going nude from sexual arousement, and the desire for Humpy-bumpy. All ages should be able to feel comfortable without clothes, however, under a certain age they should always be accompanied by a gardian. As for young women/men of a suitable age; a good idea would be for them to go to a nudist meet-up in a safe place with a seasoned nudist that can be trusted, and then it is up to that new nudist to bring along with him/her other like-minded younger people, increasing their numbers all the time. I don't believe that it is a fault of older nudists that the younger generation find it difficult to enter the nude scene. A message to all you young wanabe nudists: Get stuck in, it is not as hard as you think to go nude for the first time. When you strip amongst other nudes, you do not get stared at, and you immediately feel at home; I think its because going nude is actually a very natural thing to do, regardless of any general beliefs by non-nudists (who have never tried it, so they don't have a clue of how liberating it feels).
Yes, there are not very many nude spring chickens around, but if you are one or want to be one then I can guarantee that you won't regret it, and you must keep adding new nudists, you can always stay in a group until you gain confidence, although I don't think there is any chance that newcomers can feel like they don't belong, even on their first day.

This post was edited
RE: Younger Nudists needed

So what do you think is the solution for keeping nudism/naturism alive? I mean, I've been a couple clubs, and although I enjoyed myself quite a bit, you're right in saying that there's a certain way things are done, and they don't want to change. But they're not going to live forever. Do you think that something specific needs to be done to encourage acceptance of and participation in nude recreation by our generation, or do you think it will happen on its own?

This post was edited
re:

I think you're right. Everything changes, and the more "institutionalized" a thing becomes, the more likely it is to be swept aside by the ebb of the tide of time. That said, I will enjoy the clubs while they last, and when they're gone, I'll enjoy being free by myself and with friends whenever possible.

This post was edited

Here's a question. Is the median age any different than it always is and will be for nudism? Maybe young people, more involved in finding a partner and procreatingare naturally more inclined to think nudity equals sex. Also, they don't have the time or money for extras like resort memberships and trailers.
Here's a suggestion, and this is from another oldy. I've been a nudist all my life but I'm 43 now. Sigh.
Instead of asking the young folk to buy memberships and subscriptions, what about just advertising special days on local free beaches? Kids will come to a nude volleyball tournament at Sandy Hook or Haulover or Wasaga or Wreck. Advertise at colleges and make sure you ask first. Make sure there's refreshments and reps from the national interest group. Also, the AANR or FCN or whatever can get young people to sign up for free, just to include their email address. Wouldn't it be great to have honorary memberships so the numbers could swell? Let's face it, everything else on the web is free, so kids are used to signing up for nuthin'!

This post was edited

Perhaps it might be worth looking at how the European clubs and resorts operate ... ? Actually this is a redundent post as I somehow missed a couple of pages where Sara made her comments.

Mind you I must say that the UK / European places we have been to do not seem short of young bloods - more 'party' than 'pinocle' with dance music, 'clubby atmosphere' and yes, I have to say it ... youthful exuberance for the biological imperative in evidence to a degree.

Love n stuff
Rudie
xx

This post was edited