Are Nudists/Naturists being Discriminated Against?

Protected by Non-Discrimination Laws, Permitted by Society, Overlooked by Society, Promoted by Society, Celebrated by Society: Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, Same Sex Marriage, Bisexual, Age, Sex, Disability, Religion.

NOT Protected by Non-Discrimination Laws, Permitted by Society, Overlooked by Society, Promoted by Society, Celebrated by Society: Nudist/Naturalist Lifestyle

If that's not discrimination I don't know what is.

This topic was edited
RE:Are Nudists/Naturists being Discriminated Against?

Protected by Non-Discrimination Laws, Permitted by Society, Overlooked by Society, Promoted by Society, Celebrated by Society: Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, Same Sex Marriage, Bisexual, Age, Sex, Disability, Religion.NOT Protected by Non-Discrimination Laws, Permitted by Society, Overlooked by Society, Promoted by Society, Celebrated by Society: Nudist/Naturalist LifestyleIf that's not discrimination I don't know what is.

And I would suspect that there are more nudists than some of the protected groups.

This post was edited

I'm not sure that this will change anytime soon either, not until the naked body becomes intrinsically divorced from any association of sexuality. That's not even completely possible in the nudist culture and to say otherwise would mean to be oblivious to the determinants of nudist social interaction. However, how WE feel about nudity and its relation to sexuality is irrelevant in this discussion, our feelings about it are obviously in direct opposition to anyone else who sees a penis or vagina and thinks sex/procreation.

All of the things you mentioned as being covered by discrimination laws are preferences or practices that have no impact on the lives of others in a day-to-day sense. As in, you can be gay or lesbian (redundant) but no one is permitting, promoting or celebrating openly sexual gay and lesbian (again, redundant) behavior. The argument against the acceptance of nudity is that others consider it as overt sexual behavior. All we can do is continue the discussion and hope to slowly help others see a better alternative to interpreting the nude body.

This post was edited

Not that I would advocate allowing patrons to be nude everywhere, I believe that nudity would be more accepted, though protested by some, if the full economic impact is realized of having places where nude recreation is allowed. Setting aside clothing optional areas in parks, on public beaches, hiking and biking trails could bring a boost to the economy.

This post was edited

Being a nudist or practicing naturism is a choice or behavior - not something inherent is an individuals personhood by legal standard so its difficult to claim protected status. Also the groups you mention continue to be marginalized.

This post was edited

Nudists are being discriminated in the sense that they cannot be in a public place and be naked while clothed people can be there clothed without any repercussions. That is because some people see even simple, non-sexual nudity as offensive or damaging to children or whatever. It is not logical, it is not rational, but it is there. So yes, if you go to a beach and are told that you have to put a bathing suit on or leave, then you are being discriminated against.

But the difference is that you can put the bathing suit on and you are allowed to stay. When Black people had to use the "colored" waiting room or water fountain, they couldn't take off their skins and put on white ones for the occasion. And if you are aren't allowed to be on a ballot because you are a Catholic, you can't be expected to renounce your religion until after the election is over.

You are what you are. We see that, but the general public doesn't yet. Maybe it never will. But remember that human slavery was once so commonplace that it seemed to be a law of nature. And Jewish people were regularly subjected to all sorts of violence, up to and including execution. So social attitudes do change. But it's not easy, and it's not a smooth transition when it does happen.

This post was edited

Yes Naturists are being discriminated against..but that is a legal and permited discrimination...
The UN human rights provide all with some rights but there are limits to those rights, those limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary to protect public safety, order, health and morals or the fundamental rights and freedom of others...
That is why it will always be difficult to gain ground and have more public places legally attributed for clothes free enjoyment....

The only way we could gain some grounds and stop this discrimination is to have Naturism accepted as a religion.
While I am aware it is not everybody cup of tea. The recognition will allow us to circumvent a lot of the obstacles we otherwise encounter in our claims for more natural settings in which we can legally shed our clothes.

For more info about what I mean, feel free to check my blog, https://www.vince2021.blogspot.com...specially the 2 posts " Naturism, my religion" & " recognition of naturism as a religion".
For those who do not like to read, I have uploaded some videos on youtube:
https://youtu.be/_f-bnrgsXFo
https://youtu.be/GO-Xjo0q9_o
https://youtu.be/FxG8DQaySvo
As well as on my new IG - NaturismR

Feel free to provide feedback
Cheers
Vince

This post was edited

Yes Naturists are being discriminated against..but that is a legal and permited discrimination...The UN human rights provide all with some rights but there are limits to those rights, those limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary to protect public safety, order, health and morals or the fundamental rights and freedom of others...That is why it will always be difficult to gain ground and have more public places legally attributed for clothes free enjoyment....The only way we could gain some grounds and stop this discrimination is to have Naturism accepted as a religion.While I am aware it is not everybody cup of tea. The recognition will allow us to circumvent a lot of the obstacles we otherwise encounter in our claims for more natural settings in which we can legally shed our clothes.For more info about what I mean, feel free to check my blog, https://www.vince2021.blogspot.com...specially the 2 posts " Naturism, my religion" & " recognition of naturism as a religion".For those who do not like to read, I have uploaded some videos on youtube:https://youtu.be/_f-bnrgsXFohttps://youtu.be/GO-Xjo0q9_ohttps://youtu.be/FxG8DQaySvoAs well as on my new IG - NaturismRFeel free to provide feedbackCheersVince

But calling something a religious activity does not make it legal if it were illegal otherwise

This post was edited

But calling something a religious activity does not make it legal if it were illegal otherwise

That's a key point. There's nothing that stops you from being a Catholic in public. You can even wear a cross on your lapel if you want to. It won't offend anybody, and there's no law against it.

There's nothing that stops you from being a Jew in public. You can even wear a yarmulke if you want to. It won't offend anybody, and there's no law against it.

But there are laws against being nude in public, just as there are laws against other religious practices such as polygamy, sacrificing animals, or taking some drugs, which are all activities that have been practiced in the past.

This post was edited

But calling something a religious activity does not make it legal if it were illegal otherwiseThat's a key point. There's nothing that stops you from being a Catholic in public. You can even wear a cross on your lapel if you want to. It won't offend anybody, and there's no law against it.There's nothing that stops you from being a Jew in public. You can even wear a yarmulke if you want to. It won't offend anybody, and there's no law against it.But there are laws against being nude in public, just as there are laws against other religious practices such as polygamy, sacrificing animals, or taking some drugs, which are all activities that have been practiced in the past.
Actually some people are offended by crucifixes, buy since there's no law against them, they have to accept it m

This post was edited

As far as changing society and the law, I can see two possible courses of action (I'm sure there are many others):

1. Attack all laws that establish victimless crimes. All such laws violate the US Constitution. Although victimless crimes are not mentioned specifically in the Constitution, they do violate basic principles of freedom. "The right of the people to be secure in their persons," for example. More on the cost (financial, social, etc.) of prosecuting and punishing victimless crimes.

2. Education. There are many books on nudism and the history of nudism. The more information people have on nudism, the less they can pretend to have bases for their objections. I own a copy of and have read the following three books.

Uncovering the Image
Christian Body
Famous Fig Leaf

All of these make reference to the Bible and Christianity. This is important because a significant portion of those who object to nudity do so because they believe the Bible teaches against nudity -- which it absolutely does not.

This post was edited