RE: Is this a couples only site?

If you do get repeated unwanted friend requests there are two ways of dealing with them:

1) Do not press either the accept or reply button (that stops another request from being sent), bu you have to check to see if any other requests come through from other people.

2) The second option probably sounds strange, but apparently does work. Press the accept button, but the later when the person has seen your respose delete them. They will probably not realise that you have disappeared from their list.

This post was edited
RE: Is this a couples only site?

Somerserttom, I think I'd be inclined to agree with some of what you've said, if I didn't have a wider understanding of what goes on throughout the site. What your position doesn't grasp is that the issues going on throughout the site are greater than what the site owners/administrators have time to deal with. Obviously, there are numerous instances of people not following the site rules, and the admins only have time to deal with the worst who get flagged and brought to their attention. Also, I think the income of the site is limited, so the admins may not be able to do the policing full-time or as comprehensively as necessary to clamp down on the issues. Understanding all that, and understanding that many folks (particularly single women) have been pestered a lot on the site, more dedicated community members have attempted to assist in policing activities and try to discourage the bad behavior. I agree that some of this is off-putting, but I find it harder to believe that potential newbies would browse a lot of forum postings before deciding if they'd like to join and try out the site.
Deosil,
I certainly don't profess to have a greater understanding of what goes on elswhere on the site, espcially as I don't do the chat rooms. I'm guessing, taking account of your status, that, that is where you have gained your greater knowledge of what goes on here. I do fully understand the constraints on the management (TN1 & 2 and the mods) and that this is a facility that most people use for free, but that does not make it ok to act as some sort of 'vigilanty' group deciding who or who should not be taken to task. If TN1 decides to appoint members to act in that way, well all well and good. Let them publish the change and set clear and transparent rules about how they will operate and then we will all know how it stands. Until that time, no one else has a right to impose their values or opinions on anyone else here.
I think you missed the point of my callfor each on here totreat the others with respect and tolerence.

This post was edited