RE:The risks of illegal solo nudity in nature

And some state parks have clothing optional areas.

This post was edited

i do not think are in NJ

This post was edited

Not only is there safety in numbers, but you could cross paths with an overzealous LEO. I think having other witnesses to the truth can be of help in case these incidents go before a judge.

I know that here in Death Valley Nat'l Park, simple nudity is not an issue. I've been not only seen nude but actually had two lengthy conversations with a male and a female ranger while exploring naked. Neither of them said a word about my nudity but were more concerned that I was out on the trail alone. Been nude while off roading and seen by state park patrols and never hassled. I think it has to do with the surroundings. We were out alone without anyone else around.

A letter from a County Sheriff instructed his deputies not to hassle or cite nude hikers in the Nat'l Forests within his county. We had our local nude state beach taken away even though there was a policy in place that allowed nude use. An overzealous ranger made up stories about the nudists. In actuality, it was the nudists that were reporting and asking the rangers for help with perverts and deviants.

This post was edited

And some state parks have clothing optional areas.

Care to elaborate on your comment, minimalist? What state parks do you speak of here? Is New Jersey one of the states with nude state park possibilities? I get to NJ once in a while and it would be nice to know where I can get my birthday suit out in the sun somewhere else in the state besides at Gunnison Beach, part of Sandy Hook National Park with clothing optional opportunities. What a glorious beach, Gunnison!

Us folks down in Virginia do have a few parks where nudity is not legal, but the benign act of being nude is essentially ignored by the authorities unless the bare person is acting inappropriately. Otherwise, we do have some national parks in the commonwealth where one can get closer to nature by baring their skin.

As far as accuracy in researching nude recreational spots in America, laws are often put in place by local agencies which do supersede state and federal law, so be sure to do a thorough search - and I'm not talking online searching, I'm talking picking up the phone and talking to the park directly if you're smart. Being cited for whatever BS statue they've quietly slipped into their books about public nudity could be the difference between you having fun socially nude and you being put on a permanent sexual offender database.

To another post about searching the internet for accurate information ~ it still surprises me that with all the choices we have in search engines online, people still rely on Google. Can anyone tell me what reason there is to use a company that has openly admitted they'll sell your personal information to anyone who asks for it, especially when there are so many other ways to search online that are safer and completely free? I suggest trying either Duckduckgo.com or Startpage.com and get off the Google freight train straight to the loss of your data and the further lining of their already overflowing with money pockets with the profit they make on you. Both of these alternative search engines pledge to not store your data after your search is completed and to never sell your data to anyone without your expressed permission. People who continue to use a company like Google are part of one of the larger problems we have when it comes to the absolute abuse of personal data, and these searchers are doing it without any thought at all.

I used to enjoy saying "GTS" to anyone who had a question neither of us could answer, as in "Google That Shit". I quit making that comment years ago after I found out how poorly that company treats and truly misuses their clientele's information. I tried "DDGTS" for a while (Duck Duck Go That Shit) but that's cumbersome. Quit fooling yourself ~ information is power in this digital age, and those who blindly use Google are allowing a multi-billion dollar a year company to profit from your info. Using the illustrious words of Dr. Frankenfurter, "You better wise up, Janet Weiss!"

This post was edited

It has been my understanding that nudity is not illegal in national forests in the US.

But in many cases, local officials are tasked with patrolling, and will issue citations based on the local jurisdiction.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Actually, three of the ones I was thinking of Haulover, Blind Creek, and Hippie Hollow, are all county parks,
The 2 in San Francisco are both in a National Recreation Area.
Blacks Beach is the only State Park of the ones I know.

This post was edited

i do not think are in NJ

There are no official clothing optional areas in NJ state parks.
A few people on this site have mentioned walking and swimming in remote areas of NJ state parks and forests.
Before the 1990's there were several remote areas on state property where nudity was tolerated.
At my 25th high school reunion, one of the rangers whose duties included enforcing the new policy was in attendance, along with several people he had caught violating it.

This post was edited

Here in Florida there are 2 Clothing optional beaches at the Canaveral National Seashore administered by the National Park Service, Playalinda in Brevard County and Apollo in Volusia County. A few years ago Brevard County Sheriff Deputies were harassing and citing nude bathers. They were informed by the park service that they had no jurisdiction there being federal land. Since then signs were posted officially recognizing certain sections of the beach as clothing optional. Guess what sections are the busiest?

This post was edited