Driving in Texas

Hi, quick questions for any lawyer group. Is it legal to drive naked in Texas? I would not have my sunroof down or be doing anything sexual, just driving. Thanks, Brad.

This topic was edited
RE:Driving in Texas

I'd also like to know the answer to this question. Whenever I'm on my way to Houston or Austin, I tend to drive naked. I keep a pair of shorts near me just in case.

This post was edited

This would be great info because I too drive naked in Texas

This post was edited

Public nudity is prosecuted under Tex. Pen. Code Ann 42.01(a)(10) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly . . . exposes his anus or genitals in a public place and is reckless about whether another may be present who will be offended or alarmed by his act. The idea that being in a state of nudity is not an inherently expressive and thus is not subject to First amendment analysis. City of Erie, et al. v. Paps A.M., Tdba "Kandyland", 529 U.S. 277 (2000). Furthermore, a man was convicted in Texas for disorderly conduct while on a public beach in the mist of several 100 other nudist where individuals could see their genitals. Lacour v. State 21 S.W.3d 794 (Tex.App.Beaumont 2000, no pet.).

I would say driving naked would likely appear that you intentionally if not recklessly exposing your genitals to the general public.

This post was edited