Banned from chat for "liking" a picture

Hi,

I would like to make a complaint regarding Cplmoe71. Moe banned me from the chat for "liking" a photo that was apparently "banned."I have a screen capture of Moe explicitly saying I was banned for liking the photo. The photo was of a guy laying on the beach and nothing more.

I have never seen any rules stating that we could be banned for "liking" a photo. Moe's heavy handedness at banning people is out of control.

After 14+ years on this site I have never seen anyone ban people the way he has.

thanks and regards, Adrian

This topic was edited
RE:Banned from chat for "liking" a picture

This has happen to me also, where the pic posted in general chat was banned by the mod and us who like the pic. I'm not sure if by banning the pic posted also auto does the likers, then it is the program set up but if it's the mod then banning the likers, then again we are at the discretion of the mod. In my case, I had looked at the posters profile and that pic was in his gallery so I liked the pic in general chat. Not within a minute the poster was banned, which I saw that happen, and then I got message I was banned. I was at the time chatting with a bud so I message him thru his profile to find out who was the mod. I got the ID of the mod and messaged them asking why was I banned. Got message back that it was due to liking the pic that was banned. I replied pointing out that that same pic was in posters profile and the mod replied that it didn't matter, the pic violated the rule that the face was covered. The pic was of the poster wearing sun glasses. I did further message the site owners on her profile and I got a reply next day that I had to take it up with mod. Again, I don't have too much issues with most mods but this one individual mod I've had several issues with and I finally had enough of him so I have blocked him from sending me messages. Granted I can't block him in chat but I did screen save my PM to him after he posted messages direct to me in main chat, that he better stop messaging me in any form as I've screen save the post and would send it to the site owners. I do make it a point to know who the mod(s) are in chat now so if I have an issue with them I know who to address. Like the one time I was PMing with individuals and suddenly I was banned. I message the mod and got reply, opps sorry I banned you in error. Didn't matter, the banned couldn't be reversed. Yes there are issues with the current set up, but without another choice out there, we have to work with what we got. Plus, we get what we are paying for, especially those that don't pay anything and use the site. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

This post was edited

Adrian,

The same has happened to me as well. Totally inappropriate for merely liking a benign photo. This nonsense has to stop.

This post was edited

The same has happened to me as well. Totally inappropriate for merely liking a benign photo. This nonsense has to stop.

This 'nonsense' will never stop until this site ceases to exist. The problem is those who keep going to the chat room knowing fully well that they can and will be banned for nothing. These individuals have two choices - either stop going to the chat room and avoid being banned or keep going to the chat room and keep getting banned. Those who keep going to the chat room expecting different results are following this pattern: Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

This post was edited