RE:Separating social nudity from sexual nudity

True, but if you live near a clothing optional beach you have a free or low cost option.

This post was edited

At the core of this "debate" ...

Very well said. As an American having lived in Europe for many years and having my first social nudity experience there, there is an important distinction betwene being naked and having sex. Too often in the US, including at nudist clubs and nude beaches, a sexual element is introduced, either willingly (in the case of resorts) or by sexual predators (as with beaches). This injection of sexual pursuits into social nudity is, I believe, a major reason why there is a US stigma against nudity. This is never the case in Europe. Germany is a good example, where almost every public pool has a section set aside for the cism is not an issue.lothes-free to enjoy and libertinism is not an issue.

This post was edited

This injection of sexual pursuits into social nudity is, I believe, a major reason why there is a US stigma against nudity. This is never the case in Europe. Germany is a good example, where almost every public pool has a section set aside for the cism is not an issue.lothes-free to enjoy and libertinism is not an issue.

Exactly it doesnt mean those people arent out there is Europe but there are clear boundaries. IMO part of that is due to the fact that the Europeans maintained the ethical and philosophical principles of naturism while Americans opted for a primarily recreational view of social nudity focused mainly on a state of undress described as nudism. Brian Hoffman examines this in his book Naked. As does Maurice Parmelee in Nudism in Modern Life. Unfortunately as a society we dont read much any more and get our perspectives from the internet.

This post was edited