RE:Is a sauna daring when locals don't go nude?

I see several references to "proper attire required." The co-ed sauna at my gym is in the pool area, and the attire requirement is "No shoes, no gym clothes, sweats, hoodies, long pants, etc." I actually heard the pool lifeguard correct somebody who wanted to use it in street clothes tonight. The appropriate attire is a swimsuit. So at least they're being reasonable, nobody has to smell somebody's sweaty gym clothes.

This post was edited

What does proper attire really mean? Comments in this thread range from no street clothes to at least a towel. Law Insider defines proper attire as "with respect to male members, a suit or sport coat and dress pants worn with a collared shirt or banded collar shirt, with or without a tie" and for female members "a dress, pantsuit, skirt with a sweater or blouse, or blazer with dress slacks." On the other hand, a dictionary definition of attire is "clothes, especially fine or formal ones," which would include jeans and a sweatshirt but not towels. From a hygiene perspective, sitting naked on a towel (which could also cover genitals) is the healthiest. In conclusion, "proper attire" is in the eye of the beholder and means nothing without an explanation.

This post was edited

What does proper attire really mean? Comments in this thread range from no street clothes to at least a towel. Law Insider defines proper attire as "with respect to male members, a suit or sport coat and dress pants worn with a collared shirt or banded collar shirt, with or without a tie" and for female members "a dress, pantsuit, skirt with a sweater or blouse, or blazer with dress slacks." On the other hand, a dictionary definition of attire is "clothes, especially fine or formal ones," which would include jeans and a sweatshirt but not towels. From a hygiene perspective, sitting naked on a towel (which could also cover genitals) is the healthiest. In conclusion, "proper attire" is in the eye of the beholder and means nothing without an explanation.
In the context of this topic, it means the proper attire for using a sauna which is naked and sitting on a towel.
As your post implies "proper attire" varies with the context.

This post was edited

Thanks for an intersting discussion, everyone.

I have been in there nude twice now.

For me it is proper attire, but I think for them it means a swimsuit :)

This post was edited

This is a great discussions, guys.

Cheers!

This post was edited