Omni Hot Springs/Jefferson Pools at Homestead Resort, VA

Way out in Warm Springs, VA is located the Omni Homestead Resort which runs what used to be the Jefferson Pools. The Jefferson Pools is a very old natural hot spring that the former President is known to have visited. Hot water bubbles up naturally from the ground into a few pools which today are located just off the road. People can making an appointment through the Homestead Resort. There are co-ed clothed bathing as well as gender segregated nude bathing offered at different times of the day.

There are two pool houses, one for men and one for women, that were built in the 1800s and recently updated. Each circular house has a hot pool in the center with an open portal at the roof, a walkway around the edges, and numerous changing rooms. They are not cooled or heated so in the winter months its very brisk before getting into the springs. The mens pool also has a waterfall built in where bathers can get under it for a natural water massage. Im not sure if the womens pool has this.

This past Thanksgiving week our group of six guys visited during mens time and enjoyed our nude soak in the mineral filled hot springs. Its very quiet and peaceful inside and bathers are encouraged to maintain the peaceful environment. Truth be told if its just your personal group theres a bit more leeway with that. After your soak there are places nearby to shop, eat, or drink. It is encouraged that you visit Homestead Resort if youre out that way. They have a natural warm spring outdoor pool area. The pools are located about 90 minutes or so west of a Charlottesville and its a pretty easy ride.

This topic was edited
RE:Omni Hot Springs/Jefferson Pools at Homestead Resort, VA

I will have to get up for a visit. Been to several hot springs spots out west, not as many on the east coast. maybe get in some nude hiking.

This post was edited

This sounds awesome. Thank you for sharing the detailed info.

This post was edited

Thanks for the info! I was at another Omni resort and in the mens area they said bathing suits were required fortunately or unfortunately I was the only one in the shower/sauna/hot/cool tub area/locker room.

I will make plans to go to this resort

This post was edited

Good to know.

This post was edited

Thanks for the info! I was at another Omni resort and in the mens area they said bathing suits were required fortunately or unfortunately I was the only one in the shower/sauna/hot/cool tub area/locker room.I will make plans to go to this resort

Ive been to other Omni hotels where there is a sauna in the mens changing room and Ive used it nude without issue. Most other guests dont care.

This post was edited

I am checking out the Jefferson Pools next month and cannot wait!

This post was edited