RE:Group Contributors or Joiners: which are you?

I am bumping this topic back to the top. Maybe with luck, a few more folks will read through and add their comments & thoughts to the page. I really doubt it but its worth a try. Bump . . . .

This post was edited
RE:Group Contributors or Joiners: which are you?

It's not only here but many of the naturist/nudist sites I've been a member and a group/discussion Moderator. People join groups to add a 2-5 word reply and nothing else. They never think of a topic to discuss or ask questions to get a topic going. I've had many say, "well, that's the Moderators job." That's bunch a bunk.

Sometimes, a topic gets hijacked and can go off the rails. The interests stops and the discussion dies. Some feel that if what they wanted to say was already said, they figure why bother putting in their two cents. That two cents could take get the discussion going again. There are many reasons why people don't contribute but if you belong to dozens and dozens of groups, and your profile indicates you've not participated in ANY discussions or forum topics in 6, 8, 10 months and more than you think haven't participated in years, you're not here for the reasons you suggest in your profile.

I have a couple of groups that I can't delete from my list. There are others I'd like to leave but it seems I'm the only active member. Others visit the site regularly but not these groups so it's hard to pass the group on to someone that truly isn't interested.

This post was edited