Anthropology Museum in Mexico City

Yesterday I toured the Anthropology Museum and found the depictions of early humans had them totally nude and anatomically correct. Not just pictures but the 3D models both small and life size. It was refreshing to see that the museum had not hid them in animal skins. One display had a woman squatting giving birth with a woman on the ground to catch the newborn. Another had a life size figure of a man in the fetal position with his genitals clearly visible.

This topic was edited
RE:Anthropology Museum in Mexico City

Good to hear about nudity depicted in a normal manner. Hopefully it doesnt elicit a negative response from other visitors. #normalize nudity

This post was edited

Yesterday I toured the Anthropology Museum and found the depictions of early humans had them totally nude and anatomically correct.

Technically, if the early humans had never worn clothes, they'd be naked not nude. The difference is a bit of a half glass empty vs. full issue. Naked means not having put clothes on whereas nude is having clothes removed (e.g. the tornado completely denuded the landscape). I point this out not to be persnickity, but rather to emphasize that no clothes is our natural state and textiles/skins is the aberration!

This post was edited

Yesterday I toured the Anthropology Museum and found the depictions of early humans had them totally nude and anatomically correct.

Technically, if the early humans had never worn clothes, they'd be naked not nude. The difference is a bit of a half glass empty vs. full issue. Naked means not having put clothes on whereas nude is having clothes removed (e.g. the tornado completely denuded the landscape). I point this out not to be persnickity, but rather to emphasize that no clothes is our natural state and textiles/skins is the aberration!

This post was edited