RE:Another nude beach lost!

It looks like Werrong beach is done as well now. Went to go there the other day and the track is closed with rangers stopping any access, as the track is being "assessed" for "safety". The ranger I spoke with said it may never open back up because of the so called "risks" to walkers. A sad day.

This post was edited

Yes Werrong is currently officially closed as there is a part of the hill on the trail to access it that has collapsed in 2022 heavy rain and another portion about 150m long and between 20 to 80 m has dropped by 15 cm to 50+cm in some area. With water eroding tgat unstable portion furter it is unlikely the old trail to Werrong will be open anytime soon.
Having said so there is the possibility to create a new trail ( about 250/ 300m up ) diverting from the old one.
It wpuld be better for the authority managing the park to actually create this new trail themselves before people tale it on their hands to do so as to avoud damage to the eco-system.
People want access to Werrong, some have ignored the "closed"signs, and even installed topes to clim up/ down the unstable paortion of the hill! Dangerous action, specially as and wet weather even or as recently experienced, small earthquake, could allow that portion of tge hill to collapse...potentially burring anyone there under tones of rubbles.

This post was edited

A friend of mine is a regular at Werrong and visits most weekends. While the track is officially closed, the beach is still in use. His words were that, "the rangers are never anywhere to be seen", when I asked him about this.

This post was edited