Annoying things on TN

For the most part, I enjoy TN and what it offers. Stories, opinions and viewpoints of other nudists can be quite informative and entertaining,

But there is a plethora of activity that some find quite annoying.

Most would say it's the fake profiles. Yes, they are annoying. Yes, they should have been filtered out. But, for the most part, you can just flag them,..... or not, and move on.

Some would say that it's the duplication of topics. "We've all heard that" or "are we really discussing this again?"
To this, I have no issue. Some members are new and haven't read the years of commentary as some of us have. If you don't like the subject, just move on. Why be so critical.

There are the trolls. Yes, they can be annoying to some, even myself at times. But sometimes the trolls will spark some interesting and colorful dialog in certain topics. So, not always a bad thing. Tolerable!

Too much sexual content? Annoying for some, just being human for others. Is it really an issue?

There is one thing that does really annoy me, well maybe two:

Friends who play the word games is one. They junk up my feed! If the do it too much, I drop them as friends as I don't care for the word games. Easy enough.

But for me, the biggest annoyance are, what I would refer to as "Selfie Wh ores".
These are the ones that think every nude photo of them is a work of art and that every one of them should be shared on TN! And you think we want to see them all!
You know what I mean and you know who I mean! Okay, I get that you feel your nude body is a gift worth sharing but, come on now!
Yes, that sexy pose of yourself is a capture of your state of nudist bliss, but do you have to post a dozens of the same basic pose? Just pick the best one or two.....done! Save the rest for someone who requests to see more, which will probably be no one, ever!
Your outdoor event? Post a few and we get it! It's enough.
Yes, your penis hangs down when you stand on your head, haha, but one is probably enough.
Then there are the ones who web surf for random nude photos and post dozens of them in a group that that are not even topic related, then they can only be removed by the poster. WTF is up with that?

For those of you who fit into the category I just described, I would encourage you to use some restraint, post them in your own gallery as much as you like, but don't junk up group media with your personal, nude photo obsession or the dozens of nude photos YOU think are interesting. More is not always better!

Just my humble opinion.

This topic was edited
RE:Annoying things on TN

Had to think about that one... I've got a lot of pictures up, but that's an average one a month since I joined the site, and a lot of those are essentially retakes in my 70's of ones I originally posted in my 50's, just to avoid seeming to disguise my age. (Has it really been that long?!) Silly batches of pics are an annoyance, for sure. The deeper annoyance, for me, is the extent to which the site is about pictures. Even worse than Facebook, where text barely registers until it's been formatted as an image. Talking is nice, too. Back in the internet stone age, I was on a now-defunct nudist site whose chat was text only, and it was wonderful. Images take over everything.

This post was edited

This one is an easy one for me & many others from what I gather; the lack of participation by the largest percentage of our active membership. The sites real contributing member base is probably not more than 30 or so in Chat and about the same in the varied groups or Forum posts. Some of the contributors overlap in both Chat & forums / groups. While no one expects our members to be award winning journalists or extemporaneous speaking championsjust jot down a note about your recent nude activities. Share whats been happening and how it might affect you / us and put it out there. Someone will appreciate it and the jerks that dont will still be jerks tomorrow. Give it a go - many will be glad you did.

This post was edited

New pics from my friends show up in my feed, sometimes I examine further and sometimes I dont. Sometimes I'm baffled by repetitive shots too, but find it easy to ignore. I probably have too many pics posted. Many are vacation pics that I couldnt really share with my coworkers or neighbors (I guess I could spare even more folks here by being more judicious ). They go back over 30 years and I guess its more of an archive for myself. Actually, in terms of annoyance, its more with the way the site functions. If I scroll down my feed and investigate a post, when I backspace I am back to the top of my feed while it reloads to where I was. I still find enough interesting stuff here to check in every few days. And I appreciate all of you who post, OP is right that too few are actually engaged with the site.

This post was edited

New pics from my friends show up in my feed, sometimes I examine further and sometimes I dont. Sometimes I'm baffled by repetitive shots too, but find it easy to ignore. I probably have too many pics posted. Many are vacation pics that I couldnt really share with my coworkers or neighbors (I guess I could spare even more folks here by being more judicious ). They go back over 30 years and I guess its more of an archive for myself. Actually, in terms of annoyance, its more with the way the site functions. If I scroll down my feed and investigate a post, when I backspace I am back to the top of my feed while it reloads to where I was. I still find enough interesting stuff here to check in every few days. And I appreciate all of you who post, OP is right that too few are actually engaged with the site.
I don't care how many pics others post on their profile. It's all good, even when friends post new ones and they come up om my feed.
But when I visit a group, read the topics, decide to look at the media file that has 250 photos, only to find that 50% of them are the same 2 or 3 people. A little much sometimes!

This post was edited

I don't care how many pics others post on their profile. It's all good, even when friends post new ones and they come up om my feed.
But when I visit a group, read the topics, decide to look at the media file that has 250 photos, only to find that 50% of them are the same 2 or 3 people. A little much sometimes!

I agree. Tiresome to say the least. There is such a wide range of peoples perspectives here. Folks who post articles all the time and have zero pics and those who have never posted an article but have a thousand friends and as many pics. I guess we just navigate the best we can.

This post was edited

My annoying things on the site:

The number of friend request that I get without a single reason why . Most come from people who have very recently joined and have nothing in their profiles.

The number of duplicate groups covering the same issues. Probably the most annoying is how many travel places to stay. I think I have about 6 in my group collection. One combined group would make it easier to monitor for hosts and guests

On the technical side , a v long time ago I could hit the sort by most recent posts for groups and then work my way down thru the new posts. But then some " upgrade" broke that feature and now each time you go back to your list of groups it defaults to an alphabetized listing. So you have to resort it out. Small but annoying since it used to stay sorted. Just another example of those who program breaking something that worked fine.

Chatroom cliquishness . So much of the main room is the same relative small group who chat amongst themselves about pretty much nothing. And ignore most interjections by newcomers. Try throwing an off the wall question out and getting maybe 2 or 3 answers then it is back to the same mindless hellos and goodbyes .

This post was edited

My annoying things on the site:The number of friend request that I get without a single reason why .The number of duplicate groups covering the same issues.Chatroom cliquishness .

Co sign on the above and adding the tons of groups that have no moderator.

This post was edited

I fully expect for my feed to be clogged with pics of the eclipse on Monday. I'll try and restrain myself!

This post was edited