Novelty has worn off

For the past few weeks I have a guy about 10 yrs younger than me staying with me. We get along great. One of the main reasons that I have allowed him to stay far longer than my average house guest is that he is fine with my nudity. But so far he has remained modest around me.
Partially due to temps I have been wearing an open long sleeve shirt just to stay warm during our chilly Indiana spring. Looks like 2 weeks and he will be moving out. The novelty of having a roomie is wearing out after all the years of solo living.

This topic was edited
RE:Novelty has worn off

Is nudity, in particular your comfort with it and his modesty, a factor in the novelty of having a roomie wearing off?

This post was edited

I am comfortable being nude around him and he makes no comment unless once in a while in a joking manner. Not in any way a condemning manner. But yes our different comfort levels for bare skin certainly plays a roll in it. He is gone most of the day but not exactly set hours
so I cannot always count on him being gone for a given period of time. So making plans with anyone else who might not be as comfortable with a clothed guy while we are nude is not as easy. He will be living only a few minutes from me and we plan to still get together on a frequent basis. We are both enjoying our regular Scrabble, Rummy Cube, Pounce, Bitch Rummy games . It has been an unexpected treat and the extra income plus his wonderful contributions to the dinner table are both pluses.

This post was edited

Long ago I realized that what those around me chose to wear was not something I was going to be concerned about. My concern is the attitude of others regarding what i choose to wear. If they do not object to my nudity then Im happy regardless of their attire.

This post was edited

After I moved out of my parents house and just before going to college, I had 3 roommates who shared the rent for about a year, one was a sometimes nudist, the others would never go nude. Most of the time I was nude when it was warmer, and would only dress if the others GF showed up. I had nudist friends who would often show up, and everyone was nude time except for the 2 roommates who basically put up with us and drink our free beer.

The sometimes nudist would join in once in a while, but if one of the other roommates showed up he would dress. While I never questioned his thoughts on this, it did seem that there was some sort of pressure to dress there. There were times we would visit his parents in Arizona, and we would walk around nude until they showed up. They also had a separate house we often used, rarely being clothed at all there.

When I moved to San Diego and entered college, I always got upstairs apartments which sort of isolated me from prying eyes. I did have roommates and GFs who joined me nude, those were the 70s, we were hippies, and nudity was the norm for my generation. While most of my roommates would not go nude, only one made comments about my lack of clothes, like "isnt it a bit cold", or "are you not afraid what the neighbors would say". Usually the curtains on that side of the apartment were closed and they could not see anything. In those days I played a lot of chess, and would invite others over to play, These were times when I would actually dress for the occasion, but sometimes it was just my college gym shorts. If it was my roommate or my GF, I would not. The teenager son of one of my neighbors would show up to play as well, and I would be clothed, though one time I caught him looking through my bedroom window, so I put up foil on that window. he never said anything so there was nothing to worry about, I never knew if he saw anything.

There was another roommate who was textile when he moved in, he eventually would sleep in his room nude with the door closed, then he would go from his room to the bathroom nude, and finally he would go nude around the apartment. My problem with him was he was basically an annoying gamer and he with his D&D friends were basically a bother to be around while I was doing homework. These guys were rather crude individuals without much of an education. Additionally I was going through a tough time while I quitting drinking and their alcohol use was a bad influence, so I would leave the apartment to go study at school or go to a nudist friend's house who did not mind me studying for hours at a time. They were a wonderful family and they had a nice heated pool. Eventually I told the room mate it was not working out, and asked him to leave.

For my textile roommates it was a mix of humor about the naked guy, or just normal talk that turned to just normal every day conversations. When they seemed to be staring, I said talk to me not my body. Most did not care.

This post was edited

We both have a time limit on house guests, clothed or nude.

4 nights is the limit for us. For one, my wife doesn't like to entertain much. She's not a good hostess past this time frame. Our routine gets sidetracked, derailed and sometimes flat out disregarded by guests. Even our closest nudist friends realize this and if we're visiting with each other for longer than those 4 nights, we leave our home, or theirs, and go to a neighboring club or resort to finish out the visit.

We once had a family member rejoin the family after a couple of decades away. Too long a story but she was supposed to come for a short visit (4 days). She had a couple of day trips to see other family and we felt we could resume some of our life while she was gone. She ended up canceling those side day trips and stayed here for 10 days! Subsequently, she's not returned and the self-imposed exile from the family has resumed. We don't see any changes in that and it's fine with us.

We do have close textile and nudist friends that we would happily extend those nights stay limit. They remember us telling them the story about the few nights stay turned into 10, so they don't push it. We've told these two couples that the limit doesn't apply to them but they enjoy continuing the visit at our club or a nearby resort.

We don't like feeling uncomfortable in our own home. We live naked always and having textile overnight guests really messes with that life.

This post was edited

After I moved out of my parents house and just before going to college, I had 3 roommates who shared the rent for about a year, one was a sometimes nudist, the others would never go nude. Most of the time I was nude when it was warmer, and would only dress if the others GF showed up. I had nudist friends who would often show up, and everyone was nude time except for the 2 roommates who basically put up with us and drink our free beer.The sometimes nudist would join in once in a while, but if one of the other roommates showed up he would dress. While I never questioned his thoughts on this, it did seem that there was some sort of pressure to dress there. There were times we would visit his parents in Arizona, and we would walk around nude until they showed up. They also had a separate house we often used, rarely being clothed at all there.When I moved to San Diego and entered college, I always got upstairs apartments which sort of isolated me from prying eyes. I did have roommates and GFs who joined me nude, those were the 70s, we were hippies, and nudity was the norm for my generation. While most of my roommates would not go nude, only one made comments about my lack of clothes, like "isnt it a bit cold", or "are you not afraid what the neighbors would say". Usually the curtains on that side of the apartment were closed and they could not see anything. In those days I played a lot of chess, and would invite others over to play, These were times when I would actually dress for the occasion, but sometimes it was just my college gym shorts. If it was my roommate or my GF, I would not. The teenager son of one of my neighbors would show up to play as well, and I would be clothed, though one time I caught him looking through my bedroom window, so I put up foil on that window. he never said anything so there was nothing to worry about, I never knew if he saw anything.There was another roommate who was textile when he moved in, he eventually would sleep in his room nude with the door closed, then he would go from his room to the bathroom nude, and finally he would go nude around the apartment. My problem with him was he was basically an annoying gamer and he with his D&D friends were basically a bother to be around while I was doing homework. These guys were rather crude individuals without much of an education. Additionally I was going through a tough time while I quitting drinking and their alcohol use was a bad influence, so I would leave the apartment to go study at school or go to a nudist friend's house who did not mind me studying for hours at a time. They were a wonderful family and they had a nice heated pool. Eventually I told the room mate it was not working out, and asked him to leave.For my textile roommates it was a mix of humor about the naked guy, or just normal talk that turned to just normal every day conversations. When they seemed to be staring, I said talk to me not my body. Most did not care.

I have read elsewhere of situations where a group of young men shared a house, once one of them started being nude, the others followed rather quickly, Unfortunately, it didn't work that way for you.
There are very few situations where I wear more than gym shorts at home in warm weather. Not for tradesmen, solicitors, frequent visitors etc. When I first retired, my wife would ask me to put a shirt on when she was having a friend visit for lunch. After declining politely a few times, I said that if she didn;t stop asking me to put a shirt on, I would start asking if I had to put shorts on. While I wouldn't be nude in front of female company and I think she knew that, she got the message and stopped asking me to put a shirt on.

This post was edited

Speaking of the "novelty waring off," we've noticed an uptick of clothed residents at our club as well as some resorts we've visited. Our club is clothing optional but there are nude mandatory areas in the park, like the pool area, pool deck and rec patio. More and more, my wife and I notice clothed residents in these places and wonder why they are clothed most of the time we see them and on a regular basis.

One of the women that lives and works at the club has become something between an acquaintance and a friend. We were having lunch and I asked her about this new trend with the residents. She told us that many of them have shrugged, when asked this question, and they said, "Eh, the idea of being naked all the time has worn off. I just get dressed more and more each day."

It's a trend we are seeing more and more with clothing optional clubs and resorts. The option to be clothed seems to be growing, which in my opinion, increases the voyeur numbers. I know this can make my wife uncomfortable as well as other women we've talked to.

This post was edited