RE: Naked Hiking

Oh, yeah. Naked hiking is a beautiful feeling.

This post was edited

I finally went out and did it.I am pretty sure I found the trail I was pointed to off of Lake Hughes Rd. next to Castaic Lake. There was a small area, room to park maybe 3 or 4 cars, and a gate across a dirt road. I walked in about 1/4 mile to where I could no longer clearly see the cars drving by and I took off my short. What a liberating feeling, out in the wide open spaces. I hiked on the dirt road about 2 miles in or so, I was on a ridge and could look down on people skiing in the upper lake. Perfect weather (for being nude) and amazing views around every turn. I took my time, and just wandered into the woods on the road, I only took a narrower trail 3 times to get a look at the lake, the road is a bit back from the edge. I did not see any other people on this trail, and the few people I could see were well in the distance. A few times on the road, I would come out on a ridge and have a fair view back and couldsee cars on the road again, the first time, I thought about putting my shorts on, but they would have had to really been looking for me to see me, let alone realise I had nothing on. I did hold my shorts in my hand amd sorta had them by my side facinf back to the road. I got one minor scare. At first I thought I heard someone coming, and I was ready to put on my short, but it was even more creepy when a fairly large deer bolted out of the brush about 15 feet in front of me. I think I scared him (or her) as it bolted away down the road. I finished off a 20 oz. vitamin water lemonade about half way back to my car. When I was in clear view of the road again, i put my shorts on, and in that 1/4 mile or so, I got all sweaty and felt so much hotter than the entire time I washiking nude. Next time I hope to have someone with me, it was very lonely out there. Gary

This post was edited

Naked hiking is something I've been wanting to try but I'm not sure where I could get away with it. I live in Northeast PA about 15 minutes from the Appalachian Trail. I've also noticed there are a lot of "State Game Lands" nearby along Blue Mountain & in the Poconos. The question is are there any trails nearby where it's remote enough.

This post was edited

Took my second nude hike today. There were a lot more people around Castaic Lake, but when I got up to the old fire road, there was noone around. I did the same thing, hiked in 1/4 mile, dropped my shorts, and went for a nice 3 mile hike, I got a few really nie pictures over the lake. I posted a cpl on my profile. I wish I had someone with me to get better shots of me in the scene overlooking the lake. the weather was perfect today. I wanted to stay out longer, but I ran out of Gatorade, and did not want to dehydrate. As cool and nice as it felt on my nude body, it was 85 degrees and I was sweating pretty heavy.

This post was edited

I am going out hiking again tomorrow morning. The weather has been great and hope it hoolds up. Looks like I have someone coming with me this time so hopefully we can get some good pictures with us inthe scene. it is such a beautifual area.

This post was edited

Had a worderful naked bike ride for 3 hrs on a rail trail. Because of the heat I didn't see another biker. I stopped and got some sun on a bench. I could see up an down the trail for almost 1/2 mi each way most of the time and not worried on this remote portion. Did about 22 miles of the trail.

This post was edited

I finally had a little time after work this past Wednesday to get up to my local nude hiking spot near Castaic Lake.
I was able to get nude at work and drove over to the entrance of the hiking trail about 10 miles away. I arrived at the trail parking area about 5:45 and after putting some items in the trunk of my car, started down the trail.
Normally when I go, I am the only one there, this time however there was a SUV already parked at the entrance which meant that there was at least one person already on the trail. Since it has been a few months since the last time I was able to hike nude, I did not want to miss out on this opportunity so decided to go for it anyway.
When I hike this trail, I do carry a towel with me for a fast coverup, but have only had to use it a handful of times. On this hike I never had to use the towel because I never met anyone else on the trails. There is a steep path that leads down to the lake that some people take to go fishing and by looking at the shoe prints in the dirt I could tell that two people had gone down there but not back up. I have never personally taken this trail as I am not sure footed enough to feel comfortable hiking there either nude or clothed.
What really made this hike special was seeing two deer run across the the path about 50 feet ahead of me. In all the years I have been going here, this is the first time I have seen any wildlife other than birds. OpenSCVman has posted a hiking report for this same trail recently where he also saw a deer on the trail. I hope this means that the deer population is increasing and that there will be more encounters in the future.
I got back to the car about 7:15, stayed nude while getting my things out of the trunk, and as usual drove home nude.

This post was edited

NEWT 2012, organized by Richinud, the guywho create this topic.

I left the 30th of June from TheNetherlands to Austria with two other guys from the Low Lands. It was very hotduring the ride in Germany, up to 35 degrees. In Germany we decided to dressoff and drive further to Austria naked. Only for the coffee we had to dress. Sowe arrived naked in the hut, where 5 others already arrived. It was very a niceand comfortable hut on 1700 meter altitude. The rooms were nice with doublebunk beds, so a double downstairs and a double upstairs. Together we decided tocreate a Dutch speaking room. There was an other Dutch guy expected, who came acouple of days later.
The Sunday we made a little walk in thesurroundings of the hut. Very beautiful and a nice warming up. In the afternoonmost of the others arrived, 16 in total, 2 Dutch (the 3rd came later) , 1Belgian, 4 Italian, 6 Brits, 2 German and 1 French. That night O cookedsome food with the few things we had, since the shops were closed on Sunday(catholic Austria!).
The Monday we made a tour near Mandling, sowe drove naked there and made a tour starting on 850 meter up to 1900 meter. Anice walk up, but just after we left the restaurant a thunderstorm andrainstorm started. It was very terrifying, all these thunders and lightnings.It also started raining cats and dogs, so we had to hide. Once we were hiding(laying under a hay car), there was a flash impact very very close to us..... Iwas not so happy. But we managed to continue and reach the cars. That night Icooked some pasta.
On Tuesday we went to one of the trails I did2 years ago. This is a very nice trail high in the mountains. The day startedrainy. We had to climb around 650 meter to the first hut, in the fog, butlittle more up, there was sun! We were allowed to be naked on the terrace ofthe hut to have a drink and a soup. We continued more to some higher parts, up to2100 meter (so 850 meter elevation). On this high path we had fantastic viewsand stunning panorama's. There was even snow, where we could play in.Surrounded by flowers it was just enjoying. Later on we passed a little lake,where we went for a swim. But is was very very cold!!!!!!! So I only managed towalk in and to run out again :-). Continuing we passed a huge water fall, verimpressive! Finally we went to the car and back to the hut after a 20 km hike.One of the Brits cooked a Sri Lanka curry.
Wednesday we went to Radstadt, where weklimbed the Rossbrand and had a nice walk over a trail on the ridge. It was anice route with swamps and through the forests. Totally different from the daybefore, but with stunning views. After the nice naked hike we made a littlevisit to Radstadt and had a nice ice cream on a terrace :-))))). That night Icooked a nice Indonesian dish.
Thursday we went to one of the mountainsnext to the hut. So we could start naked immediately. This was also a nicetrail to one of the summits. Also her the views were stunning! Because the tourwas close, we were a little earlier at home. In the afternoon we had a nicenaked gathering on the terrace, with some wine and beer. I arranged somegoulash for the night.
The last day Friday, we went to some lowerparts, mainly in the woods, but also interesting. Unfortunately, a newthunderstorm came, so we had to hide a little bit. In the afternoon is wentbetter, so we had a nice long naked gathering on our terrace. At night we
cooked pan cakes.
So the week became to an end on Saturday.After cleaning the house, we said good bye to everybody and we jumped naked inthe car and drove naked home. Just at the stops something to wear.

This post was edited

Unless I get called into work on my off weekend, I am going out hiking again, finally. The weather has been pretty hot, so I lok forward to not being in sweaty clothes again. Over 3 weeks without a nude hike is just too long.

This post was edited

We tried a new trail today up by Castaic Lake. It was a very nice hike, but we were not alone this time, so we had our shorts on about half the time. We even had a little talk with a ranger, seems some kids lit a bon fire and he asked us if we saw anyone in the area. Also ran across a guy on a dirt bike riding the trail. The return back up was a bit more stenuous than I was used to, so I was certainly winded when we were done. I think we are going back to the previous trail next time.

This post was edited