RE: Orient bay.

We returned from SXM last night. Last Wednesday the Bare Necessities nude cruise stopped at Orient and the section from Papaguyos to Pedros was packed with more nudists than I have ever seen. There were four rows of chairs near Pedros and people spread out on towels along the Club O fence. It thinned out a little after a brief rain. We went to Cupecoy the previous Wednesday to find no sand and very rough waters that prevented any swimming. We spent the day wading in a small pool that had formed near the water's edge. Most days were spent at Club O watching the cruise ship gawkers check us out. Lots of fun!Before finding Club O, we used to be on the cruise ship with the gawkers and listen to their stories about "those naked people" at dinner after our stop in SXM. We thought the stories were a blast, until we started staying at Club O and listening to their stories about "those lookey-loos". Those were even more fun!
Usually the umbrellas stop around the Perch Bar, with the space between that and Pedro's as a buffer... not on Wednesday! Part of me wanted to see what that was like, but I am glad we did the around the island tour that we always seem to lose interest in once we get to Club O! We met another couple from one of the other cruise ships that didn't realize this was the same day as the Bare Necessities cruise. It turns out we will both be back staying at Club O the same week in June. They want to take the around the island charter again then. We aren't so sure if the seas are going to be as choppy as they were on Wednesday.

This post was edited