RE: Nudist or Naturist?

There doesn't seem to be a real difference between them.

This post was edited

I prefer the term NAKED to describe who I am. I always think "nudist" sounds slightly pretentious. I think of women being nudists and men going or being naked. Just my thoughts and views not trying to moralize. I always openly say "I go naked all the time" or "I'm naked". I would never say "yes I'm in the nude". I also think NAKED has a more raw and masculine flavor and sound which is definitely who I am. Naked Man

This post was edited

We feel the words mean the same and are interchangeable. In the past ... naturists were nudists that enjoyed being naked in nature but what happened is that those naturists began to visit clubs, resorts and were also naked all the time at home. The nudists ventured outside the home, outside the gates of their clubs and resorts and found new freedoms on beaches, in the woods, on lakes ... in nature. So ... nudist or naturists ... there really isn't this difference some think there is. We are all the same; we enjoy, prefer, live naked whenever and wherever possible and that's outside of nature as well as in nature! :DI agree, it is just two words with the same general meaning. This difference comes in the number of letters in the names, one has six, the other eight. Also, they both start and end with N & T.Maybe as a naturist, you need to leave all hair intact all the time, not tattoos or piercings, but as a nudist you can trim or shave areas as you see fit or add tattoos and piercings as well. So maybe naturists are naked hairy people, and nudists are naked people with more trimmed up/ shaved areas of the body.

This post was edited

Good question. While I agree that the two terms are generally, and acceptably, used interchangeably, they have slightly different meanings for different people.My own views are that a nudist sees a more compelling need to be naked as much as possible, at any cost, where a naturist also enjoys being naked, but is more selective when doing so. If it is a cloudy day and 60 outside, I'll probably be wearing something. If it's 60 and sunny, probably not.

This post was edited

Seems to me that trying to define the terms overly complicates the simple joy of being naked. For me, there is nothing more simple than shedding the trappings of society and living life while wearing the perfect outfit - my skin!

This post was edited

We feel the words mean the same and are interchangeable. In the past ... naturists were nudists that enjoyed being naked in nature but what happened is that those naturists began to visit clubs, resorts and were also naked all the time at home. The nudists ventured outside the home, outside the gates of their clubs and resorts and found new freedoms on beaches, in the woods, on lakes ... in nature. So ... nudist or naturists ... there really isn't this difference some think there is. We are all the same; we enjoy, prefer, live naked whenever and wherever possible and that's outside of nature as well as in nature! :DI feel the same way, they are interchangeable words in my opinion. The same for nude and naked, they mean essentially the same thing.

This post was edited

In my opinion there is no difference between the meaning of the terms but I believe people use the euphemism "naturist" as a nice substitute for "nude". Personally I prefer the term nude. I am a nudist because I like to be nude and am not a naturist. I do not like to commune with nature.Just an interesting side note to add to my last post on this topic. I recently looked up naturist in a couple of different dictionaries. Neither of them listed naturists but they did have nudists. Maybe I have old dictionaries.

This post was edited

So I guess I am a Naturist then and my wife is Nudist. She would rather be nude on a a nice lounge with a glass of wine, and I want to go on a naked hike! But we still get along. :-)

This post was edited

Both the same = No Clothes on

This post was edited

Nudurist

This post was edited