RE: Cell Phone use at a Nudist resort

I've been to resorts with a novel solution... no cell coverage at Abbott's Glen, VT (and they are up front about it on their website). This week I was at Mountain Air Ranch, CO and I walked from the pool area to the parking lot to use my phone and no signal. Although someone else was in the parking lot talking on their phone, so either they have a satellite phone, or it is only AT&T with bad coverage at MAR!

This post was edited

Nudists need to get over themselves about this picture taking issue. If you're so afraid of your picture being taken ... stay home.....Thank you.
About 15--20 years ago, I was a "biker" (lost the bike in a wreck, haven't yet had opportunity to replace it...) and attended quite a few weekend-long campground-based fund-raising party events that had plenty of flashing, skinny-dipping, and nude bike riding.
And cameras to document it all.
Did any of us care? Heck no.
If not for the shoe-box full of 3 x 5 glossies on the top shelf of my closet, I wouldn't be able to recall today how much fun I had back then!

This post was edited

This post was edited

There is a great deal of concern in the nudist community about being photographed while nude by strangers. Many seem to fear dire results if their proclivity for nude recreation were to become known. It is probable that there are a few instances of nudists being ostracized for pursuing their preferred lifestyle, but I believe that it is quite rare. On other Internet nudist forums during similar discussions I have asked those with actual knowledge of such cases to describe the situation, but so far no one seems to have any specific examples.
What is everyone so afraid of? If you claim you're not ashamed of, or embarrassed about, your involvement in nude recreation then why act like you are? When so many of us pretend we're uninvolved in nude recreation those who oppose our lifestyle, and probably the rest of the general public as well, assume we are a tiny minority whose rights can be ignored.
Look, for example, at the gay rights struggle. Until relatively recently our LGBT friends and neighbors tried to keep low profiles and most hid their sexual identities, but to end the discrimination they often encountered they "came out of the closet" and demanded that their issues be addressed. A recent poll reveals that less than 3% of the population identifies themselves as belonging to the LGBT community, so this revolution was brought about by a very small minority. Several years ago there was a poll that revealed that 24% of the adult population has participated in nude recreation at least once. With numbers like that we should have a much more nudist-friendly society, but our failure to assert our rights condemns us to less than second class citizenship. We don't have to sit in the back of the bus because we aren't even allowed to get on the bus.

This post was edited

What is everyone so afraid of? If you claim you're not ashamed of, or embarrassed about, your involvement in nude recreation then why act like you are? When so many of us pretend we're uninvolved in nude recreation those who oppose our lifestyle, and probably the rest of the general public as well, assume we are a tiny minority whose rights can be ignored.I don't think you fully understand - this is not about being embarrassed, it is not about being ashamed.
This is about being circumspect until nudity is accepted by the mainstream populace. It is about not rubbing my personal preference for nudity in the noses of those it offends. More so it it is about not having someone else, accidentally or maliciously, 'outing' me!

This post was edited

We don't allow visitors (not members) to take photos, but they can ask one of management to take a group photo or go to a sparsely populated area to take photos. Our members are allowed to take photos with permission of the subjects.

This post was edited

Yup! By cracky, them yunguns just woun't follow them rules.

This post was edited

Not about, not following the rules - the younger generation is looking for more than 'connectivity' at their club - sadly they don't seem to have the funds to pay for it.

This post was edited

Not about, not following the rules - the younger generation is looking for more than 'connectivity' at their club - sadly they don't seem to have the funds to pay for it.I do not have the faintest idea what you just said. "connectivity"??? Something they have to pay for???

This post was edited

Not about, not following the rules - the younger generation is looking for more than 'connectivity' at their club - sadly they don't seem to have the funds to pay for it.I do not have the faintest idea what you just said. "connectivity"??? Something they have to pay for???
Showing your age Thomas?

This post was edited