We are making an upgrade right now.

Sorry for the interruption, we are working to improve your experience. Thank you for your patience

RE: British Summer Time 01:00am Tomorrow

Did you know that Arizona is one of the few places in the US that doesn't change it's clock setting for daylight saving time. We have enough daylight here so we don't need to save any.Queensland in Australia, tried it once and gave it up. Now during the summer there is a 1 hour difference between neighbouring states on the eastern seaboard.

This post was edited

I feel sorry for you Brits, I thought it was only here in the US they thought it was possible to make the earth shift on it's axis for one hour twice per year. Now in Oregon they started doing a study on the health effects of this. They have said so far that the number of heart attacks and strokes increase around 20-30 percent for a two to three weeks each time the change happens. They also said the number of auto accidents makes a big spike for about three weeks due to people falling asleep at the wheel.
i am always skeptical about these studies. Remember figures lie and liars figure. I find it hard to believe that anyone's schedule is that inflexible not to be able to adjust one hour either way. Personally do you go to bed at the exact same time each eve and get up at the exact same time , weekdays and weekends? Shifting an hour is not that uncommon day to day get over it.

This post was edited

of course, in the US it is referred to as "daylight savings time." but, then, the alternative is standard time. now with DST going from march through oct/nov, it is more "standard" than standard time. that is, we have DST for about 8 1/2 months and "standard" time for the rest of the year. another thing i hadn't known before, was that all the timetables for flights and such get all messed up when some areas of the world (and the US) are on daylight savings time and others are not. makes for a more curious scheduling of departures and arrivals since the flight times remain the same.as for flight times, yep things get mixed up a bit. one time very much to my relief. My flight schedule said flight time between J-burg South Africa and Atlanta Georgia was 18 hrs and 40 minutes. Ugh. I know they normally pad it a bit, but imagine my relief when we got on board and the pilot said " our flying time today is 16:40 minutes. " We were flying home on the weekend time changed back in the States which had not been picked up on the schedule. that with the padding shaved 2 hours off a very long flight which was very much a mental whew before we even took off.

This post was edited

I call it daylight shifting time, and at least 1 clock in my house never changes. It's fun to watch what happens to TV and radio programming when the time shifts. :-) ... BTW, are there really some time zones that are only 1/2 hr different than the zones on either side of them? That could really be confusing :-?

This post was edited

India is on the half hour. nepal is 15 minutes ahead of india. Mongolia used to be listed as no standard time. I think Iran or Iraq is also 45 min off from some of it's neighbors. North Korea just shifted itself to be on a different time zone than South Korea. Why aren't 24 time zones enough to choose from?

This post was edited