RE:Hubbies are nudist but wives don't approve it. Why?? Lets discuss and solve it..

Nearly every comment is an essay!

I cannot tell -- is this a complaint or compliment? Sometimes it takes more than a few sentences to fully flesh out a complicated topic, if this is complaint.

I still feel that there is no real solution to be had on this subject, but reading other people's thoughtful arguments can enlighten and inform those here who have reluctant partners, maybe giving them ideas as to how to give gentle pushes in the naked direction. It's a case by case situation. If even just one couple is brought closer together through these words, that is still positive momentum for the bigger picture of nudism.

This post was edited
RE:Hubbies are nudist but wives don't approve it. Why?? Lets discuss and solve it..

As wife, I can tell you that not every man is pro nudism. My first hubbie was not into nudism even though he knew I grew up a nudist. At first I thought I'd be able to change his mind. But eventually I realized that would not happen, so we divorced. I will not live with a man who isn't a nudist.

This post was edited

I have finally managed to persuade my wife to go with me in a few weeks but that's been 20 years in the making.

Good for you! I hope it goes well and she enjoys herself.

I would say there's a third cause: personal values. Someone raised religious or very conservative is often going to be resistant to - or even completely reject - the notion of social nudity.
My wife's primary concern was not so much feeling sexualized or that her body was "not good enough"; but more so that it was "just morally wrong" for a woman to "display herself" to strangers, or be able to see other men's penis. Her ingrained opinion changed, luckily, as she interacted with nudists and found that seeing them - and being seen naked by them - in that context was far from immoral.

But those values can make them "tough nuts to crack." When you combine all three, then it becomes even more difficult to navigate.

This post was edited

I would completely agree with your assessment about personal values / boundaries, as that is the case with my wife. Your comment was completely spot on, "I would say there's a third cause: personal values. Someone raised religious or very conservative is often going to be resistant to - or even completely reject - the notion of social nudity." She initially directly stated the same but after a slow, gradual process (a couple of years) of being around the folks and interacting at our resort / camp, her view point moderated. I am quite glad she now skinny dips, hangs out in the camper nude & occasionally sits out nude under the awning; we both are enjoying ourselves. And that's what really counts.

This post was edited

These suggestions only work if the reluctant spouse is comfortable around nude people. My wife doesn't want to see anyone nude except me so it wouldn't work in my situation.

This post was edited

These suggestions only work if the reluctant spouse is comfortable around nude people. My wife doesn't want to see anyone nude except me so it wouldn't work in my situation.

This post was edited

This post was edited

This post was edited

This post was edited

This post was edited