RE: London's First Naked Restaurant

It seems like the British have always been up tight about dressing for dinner. This is a refreshing development.

This post was edited

I heard about this, I think it is great. I would like to see it become a roving restaurant. Different cities have restaurants that go nude for a week or so and then back to normal (whatever that is).
Stay Naked!

This post was edited

The report I read about the restaurant said that tables were separated by bamboo panels so that diners could only see the backs of other diners. Also, the wait staff was said to be "minimally dressed". Still, I do wonder how this meshes with the British attitude of keeping a "still upper lip".

This post was edited

I hope the popularity of this catches on and spreads elsewhere like to the US!. Here's a CNN article on it
https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/03/foodanddrink/naked-restaurant-bunyadi-london/index.html

This post was edited

Wow! That sounds amazing! I can't wait to move to London! Hopefully the Waring list won't be as long by the time I get there!

This post was edited

Wow! That sounds amazing! I can't wait to move to London! Hopefully the Waring list won't be as long by the time I get there!You might want to hurry. The place is a pop-up and will be gone at the end of summer

This post was edited

Wow! That sounds amazing! I can't wait to move to London! Hopefully the Waring list won't be as long by the time I get there!You might want to hurry. The place is a pop-up and will be gone at the end of summer
Oh no :( I definitely won't be there in time! Well i'm glad to be moving to Europe where they are more free spirited! Casual nudity is not a big deal in Australia among friends and such but when it's more of a public thing it becomes a legal issue and everyone wants to have a say!

This post was edited

That is such a great idea! Does anyone know of any places like this in the US? The only places know of are inside Nudist Resorts!

This post was edited

I went there with my wife and it was fabulous. It was only a pop up so has now closed but we managed to get a booking for a Saturday night at 10pm. The food was excellent, and very different from the norm, the atmosphere very relaxed with bamboo partitions and candlelight. Excellent service. It's true that each table was more or less separate from each other, there was a buzz in the atmosphere. Also in the bar afterwards (or before) you could disregard the robes and that was more open, and people were genuinely chatty. I hear it may move over to Paris next, and they are hoping for a permanent spot in London in the future. I'd definitely go back and go with friends. I don't think it matters whether you are naturist or not, it's something to experience.

This post was edited

I am. Happy to go there, would like a lady to join me.The Bunyadi is a new popup restaurant opening in London thisJune. It'll serve up healthy meals created fromhome-grown ingredients and cooked on a wood-flame wooden grill. Allthe crockery is handmade and made of clay. All the cutlery isedible. Oh, and everyone will be naked. When youarrive at The Bunyadi you'l be given an optionto enjoy your meal naked. If you're up for it,you'll then enter the bar area (whereeveryone's fully clothed), then head into thechanging rooms, where you'll be given agown. You'll then go through into thededicated naked area, lit only by candles so youwon't have to deal with unflattering overheadlighting all over your bits. Once you'recomfortable you can remove your gown and bask in your own nakednessas you enjoy your meal. Staff and waiters will be nakedtoo.

This post was edited