Your Nude Opportunity

Article:
mynorthwest.com/375447/solution-to-seattle-nude-beach/

If you have something similar in your city(according to the
article), or somewhere nearby, would you ...

A. "Since I can't get arrested or cited for simply being
nude, I'll go there and enjoy nude
socialization/relaxation/recreation every chance I get."

B. ''I don't want to offend other people(esp textiles), so,
I'll just wait until the law explicitly tells us it's
O.K. to be nude in public.''

C. "Since this is a public place, I'm afraid others might
start filming or take my picture. I'll just stick to nude or
clothing optional resorts."

D. "I don't know what to do. This is so complicated. I'll
just stay in my room and consult my computer, tablet, phone, and
magic 8 ball."

Misc:
mynorthwest.com/19795/we-ask-police-can-i-be-naked-in-seattle/

---
10/25/2016
---

This topic was edited
RE: Your Nude Opportunity

If you have something similar in your city(according to thearticle), or somewhere nearby, would you ...I find articles like that to be depressing. And authors like that to be narrow minded and backwards. And 99% of the people who comment underneath it, even worse. Why do they think that ALL beaches must be alike (and textile)?
Anyhow, I'll go with "a".
Having said that, I don't have a good strategy to deal with some idiot trying to harass and intimidate people with a camera. I know what I'd be tempted to do but I don't think it's legal (or civil).

This post was edited

...authors like that ... And 99% of the people whocomment...
Setting your feelings regarding the author and the comments others
made, how many of us(WA state residents excluded) can say that we
have something like this in our city?

Why do they think that ALL beaches must be alike (andtextile)?
Well, it's NOT a beach.

It's a park in the middle of Seattle where anyone can be nude
without fear of citation or arrest. This is not a hypothetical
scenario. It's real.

What would you do?

This post was edited

Well, it's NOT a beach.It's a park in the middle of Seattle where anyone can be nudewithout fear of citation or arrest. This is not a hypotheticalscenario. It's real.What would you do?Ok, it's a park.
And the author of the article is very much opposed to the nudity there. He's recommending that others of the same mindset go out and walk around taking pictures of the nudists, for no other purpose than to run nudists out of the area. He seems to think that's a good solution to his "nudist problem".
If you're asking "what would I do" about bands of textiles intentionally harassing nudists with cameras, frankly, I don't know. But if someone else has a workable strategy, other than violent confrontation, I would like to hear it.

This post was edited

Thanks for your answer GSNPhilAnyhow, I'll go with "a".

This post was edited

Do you further nudism by taking advantage of this opportunity?
--OR--
Does it hurt/set back nudism?

This post was edited
RE:Your Nude Opportunity

I go all the time to Denny Blaine Park when the weather is warm and hang out naked on the beach. I don't care if people take my picture, I have pictures posted here. On a sunny day the beach is packed with nudists and it's not only nude beach in the city. I don't think very many people care that much if they are photographed, we live in a new era where privacy is a thing of the past. Young people grew up online, I don't think it worries them that someone might take picture while naked on the beach anymore than it would bother most people to be photographed in a bathing suit.

This post was edited

I live in Jersey City, New Jersey, across the Hudson River from New York City. So that puts me about 3,000 miles from Seattle. Out of curiosity I used Google Earth to check out Denny Blaine Park. It appears to be very small with a tiny beach area., not much room to spread out. (I hope the picture makes it into this post.)

Bob

[Edit: 12/06/2016 10:00 PM EST] You should be able to see the picture by clicking on the link.

This post was edited

I'd go with Option A too.. .

I lived in the Seattle area during the late 1980's and 90's. Compared to attitudes in other parts of the US, I find openness to nudity refreshing in the Pacific NW. Back then the Arboretum was the place for nude sunning and even hiking along the secluded trails that skirted a residential neighborhood. Also heard of nude activity, at the time, in Seward Park but never got to check it out. It's great, though, that Washington and Oregon have no laws prohibiting nudity per se (although some local town ordinances do).. .

If I remember correctly, Seattle may have been the first city in the US (perhaps along with a few others in Vermont, plus San Francisco) to have a Naked Bike Ride. Thanks, too, to several active members of The Naturists--Mark Storey, Daniel Johnson et al., nudity has been a featured part of the Fremont Solstice Parade for years.. .

I now live near NYC, where I'm from originally, and attitudes here are provincial at best. Though New York sees itself as quite free thinking and open, there is a closed minded attitude towards nudity. The Naked Bike Ride hasn't really taken hold here. There are several beaches on Long Island where nudity was "tolerated" but has been forbidden since Superstorm Sandy several years ago, under the pretext that dunes were washed away in the storm and nudists are now visible--gimme' a break!

This post was edited

I go all the time to Denny Blaine Park ...another nude beach just south of Denny Blaine named Howell Park ...
Lucky you ... am very jealous
From your response, that would be "A".

... I find openness to nudity refreshing in the Pacific NW ...
There's a post in WNBR Seattle twitter feed that you don't need to wait for World Naked Bike Ride to ride your bike nude.

This post was edited

Bob,
Thanks for the Google Earth image. It places the park in the right perspective (location and size).

This post was edited