Introduce my 10 y/o kid to nudism

<< < 1 2 > >>   Page of 2
walter425

walter425

Barefoot [37] | N/A | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania United States | 45

Introduce my 10 y/o kid to nudism

My son is 10. he grew up with his grandparents where nudity, of course, was not a subject of discussion. When I told him that it would be okay to be naked at home; he kind of embraced and started sleeping naked often; but after a while (probably after being teased at school), stopped any interested in nudism. He's okay with seeing me naked on weekends and he's find with walking naked from bedroom to shower; but that's it.
I'm not sure if he's ready to go with me to the local nudist resort or he will get too impressed with it.
SteveAzimuth

SteveAzimuth

Butt Naked [269] | N/A | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Anacortes, Washington United States | 40

What spirit is so empty and blind, that it cannot recognize the fact that the foot is more noble than the shoe, and skin more beautiful that the garment with which it is clothed?
Michelangelo

RE: Introduce my 10 y/o kid to nudism

I'm not sure here. Are you asking a question, looking for advice, or just telling us about your experience?
walter425

walter425

Flag Quote Reply

Sorry for not being more specific... was looking for suggestions about introducing him to nudism.
walter425

walter425

Flag Quote Reply

Yes... we talked about P.I. "Private Information". That we don't share everything that happens in the house with others, including nudity. But... he did it anyway. Not sure how to undo the teasing. He works very hard to "belong" with his peers (other issues there).
Yes... he's at that age of morning and not-morning erections. We talked about it several times as something normal for boys. He was okay about it and very open to ask questions. I guess this is the age of getting more and more self-councious and ashamed of his body, right?
jrnokes

jrnokes

Butt Naked [447] | N/A | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Austin, Texas United States | 79

"What do you MEAN, I HAVE to put CLOTHES ON?!?!?!?!?!"

It will probably take time. Patience is gong to most likely be the key here. Ask him how he feels about going to a resort. Listen to what he has to say, at 10, that little mind is working overtime. If he's not interested, you may have to go alone for a while. He's right on the cusp of puberty where suddenly "I'm no longer comfortable with my body, it's doing strange things and I'm embarassed" meets "wow, I never noticed those girls before and when I look at them I feel strange". Most child nudists back away from nudism during puberty, it's just natural. They don't understand the feelings they are getting now and feel embarassed by them and you want them to "Take their clothes off?!?!?!?!". Over-reaction is common place. Peer pressure is going to be key. He probably thought that telling a friend would either A) take some of the stress off it, to have a peer say "cool", or B) wanted the group to say "cool, I wish I could do that".
You might be able to lessen the peer impact, by talking to him about what his group feels is cool. Maybe even using the "male sexuality card" by suggesting that (only if the group feels there is something to sexuality - if they are telling dirty jokes and acting manly) a nudist lifestyle offers access to be more manly and have access to women. Temper that with reality though dad.
Most important, no matter what happens, be a friend. Stick with him no matter what his decision. He is uncertain about everything.
MY Disclaimers:
I am not trained in any psycology or medical field, I do not have a son, so take all of this with a big grain of salt. What I do have is the experiences of my daughters and my own experiences with my father from when I was about that age. I believe when we pulled up to the first nudist place I said "But Dad, I'd rather go fishing!"
good luck
j
walter425

walter425

Flag Quote Reply

No. There is no mom that would ask, know, or complain about it.
I guess I have 1 years to get him ready for a visit to the local family nudist campground. We'll see. Cool
SteveAzimuth

SteveAzimuth

Flag Quote Reply

What spirit is so empty and blind, that it cannot recognize the fact that the foot is more noble than the shoe, and skin more beautiful that the garment with which it is clothed?
Michelangelo

p style="margin-bottom: 0in;"I don't have a lot of experience with this particular situation either. I have found that most of the time the less of a big deal that you make the thing out to be the easier it will be for them to make the transition. It's kind of a pressure issue I think. Not saying that you are pressuring him into it but kids perceive things like that differently. My niece was 10 the first time I took her to the hot spring. My girlfriend at the time was with us and there was another couple already there when we arrived. Long story short after about 10 minutes there my niece and her friend where asking us if they could take off their swimsuits. I think they actually felt out of place with everyone else being nude. That and the fact that we didn't make a huge deal out of being nude or not probably made them feel more comfortable about being nude themselves.
limoman

limoman

Flag Quote Reply

Couple | Northern , Illinois United States | 71 & 47

Smile

I think you should take him to a resort so he can see others unclothed and get a feel of the kind; polite; non-sexual activity.
Apparently he knows you are a nudist?? Either teach him and show him the proper way or discourage it. That is just my opinion for what its worth

Good Luck
SteveAzimuth

SteveAzimuth

Flag Quote Reply

Michelangelo

Sometimes a little healty persuasion does go a long way I suppose.
SteveAzimuth

SteveAzimuth

Flag Quote Reply

Michelangelo

He didn't use any persuation. She had the choice of joining us or not, and she chose to join us. Her dad had paid to get into the resort, and he wasn't leaving just because she was a little shy. She quickly got over her shyness.

That's pretty much what I meant by persuasion...."I'm the dad and we're here now and that's that."
SteveAzimuth

SteveAzimuth

Flag Quote Reply

Michelangelo

He didn't use any persuation. She had the choice of joining us or not, and she chose to join us. Her dad had paid to get into the resort, and he wasn't leaving just because she was a little shy. She quickly got over her shyness.
That's pretty much what I meant by persuasion..."I'm the dad and we're here now so that's that."
Hoosiers

Hoosiers

[9] | N/A | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Couple | Indiana United States | 39 & 34

My kids are 8 and 5 (boy and girl) and while we havent been to any resorts here in the US yet we have been to Club Orient a couple of times. My son has sometimes gotten shy and modest on those trips but with a little encouragement and lots of good examples there it hasnt been that big of an issue. Unfortunatly those trips have really been the only time we have been able to really enjoy the lifestyle so far.
Hoosiers

Hoosiers

[9] | N/A | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Couple | Indiana United States | 39 & 34

My two boys are 10 and 4, they have never been with me to any resorts but I do let them know that there is nothing to be ashamed of with them being nude. It is kinda tough to get them to understand being my mom in law lives with us.

That is a tough position to be in. My wife is in agreement with me, its just that between the kids activities and their friends being over and everything else finding time to be bare here is difficult.
swamdj

swamdj

Textile [1] | N/A | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Virginia United States | 32

I wish I could give you some advice, but I've never had any kids, so I don't know what to tell you. But if he does come around and is interested in going to a resort, it might be easiest to start out at White Thorn, since it's just up in Beaver County. I've never been there, but my impression is that is has a good reputation. And they have their annual Super Bowl of Nude Volleyball every year on Labor Day weekend.
walter425

walter425

Flag Quote Reply

Yes... I'm considering taking him to White Thorn Lodge. it's about an hour from here. I visited that place about 2 years ago and the place is great. Beautiful people (well... all nudist people are beautiful), great facilities, and children of all ages.
He has seen me naked on a regular basis... but I'm afraid he will get a "shock" of seeing so many people naked. One thing is seeing hisPapi naked... but then all those ladies and men and him also. Are there any books for children of nudists? "My mommy and daddy are nudists and so I am!"
Swifthawk

Swifthawk

Super Nudist [559] | N/A | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Calgary, AB Canada | 41

These are my thoughts, not yours, I'm SwiiiiiiiftHAWK!

May the good news be yours!

It seems to me that as you really only see him on weekends, the way you are doing it now is perfectly fine. Since he lives with his grandparents during the week and you on weekends, it would be a bit confusing to him if you pressured him into nudism. As it stands now, he is comfortable with nudity in your home and I think it might be best to accept that for now. As he get's used to that, when he's older and ready to ask the questions, he will confront you about it. Until then, I would suggest you live with the status quo.
iaboykurt

iaboykurt

Barefoot [16] | N/A | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Omaha, Nebraska United States | 49

First of all I think its wonderful you are teaching your child there are different avenues in life. If he is still resistent just think about this. Who isn't resistent at first to broccoli, jazz, opera, sports, moving into junior high, but you get used to more and differnt things. Just keep talking and be open to any questions he may have. It may take awhile, but being open and talkative to your child is the best thing any parent can do concerning any subject. He will not only open up to you about nudism but you will have a much better and longer lasting relationship on all levels. My father never spoke to me about anything except how others were s.o.b.'s. It was my mother that opened up the relationships when we were young and just kept talking. Because of that my brothers and mother have a great relationship and speak on any subject, Nothing is taboo. Talking is what its all about.He will decide for himself how he wants to live, but in talking he will tell you what is going on.
curt44319

curt44319

Super Nudist [1191] | 5 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Akron, Ohio United States | 59

Ships are safe in the harbor,<br> but that's not why ships are built !<br><br>

RE: my son first day at a nudist resort....

White Thorn would be a good choice. There's usually at least some kids there from about 6 to 13 or so.
Many folks from Pittsburgh. Check their event calendar on line for "best" days.
Leon_del_Atlas

Leon_del_Atlas

Textile [6] | 5 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires Argentina | 29

I think you should tell him about the resort and ask him if he wants to go. And maybe consulting a female nudist (mother role is not replaceable but boys react different when they see and talk to a naked woman) or why not an open-minded psichologist.
If you ask ME, ten is too young. But who knows
=) good luck and I wish there were more fathers like you!
SuperDad

SuperDad

Super Nudist [523] | 5 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Port Clinton, Ohio United States | 60

I've raised my two daughters for the past 12-15 years, (they say 15 and I say 12, but their memory is better than mine) !!!! They are now 16 and 21. Anyhow, they have known for the past few years that I am a nudist, but I have always left the choice of them being nudist up to them. The little that we have talked about it, they have said that they are not interested, and that is their choice. Out of respect for them and their wishes, I am not nude around them, nor do I bring it up, unless they wish to discuss it.

IMHO, nudisim is and always should be a personal choice, even for kids......

SteveLaughing
Robvasi

Robvasi

Textile [7] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Arlington, Virginia United States | 63

This is an old thread; just wondered how this all turned out. So, did you take him? how did he respond?
Jabbari

Jabbari

Butt Naked [499] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Jersey City, New Jersey United States | 19

<br>

my big bro n me grow up naked wit my pop n uncle n they grow up naked too wen they waz kidz. we all alwayz havin frend ova the house n some iz nude at they house so nude heer, some aint nude at they house but like gettin nude heer wit us, n some aint nude at they house n aint nude heer but aint mind we nude n we aint mind they aint nude. most my frend from skool n my broz frend aint got too much prollem chillin naked wit us heer since it jus malez heer. since u mention u boi gettin a hard on we aint neva had no issue wit dat since we all malez livin here we all be walkin aroun wit a boner sometime n sometime not jus like in u pants wen u dressed so no big deel. course it help we growin up this way n seein n pop n unky boned up some every day our life. jus it normal jus wat iz. wish u like wit u boi. prolly jus u be comfy in u skin n he see dat n be comfy in hiz. peace, u boi, jabbari
gator1

gator1

Super Nudist [888] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Southeast, Texas United States | 61

There is something about being naked that means you are obliged to be
friendly and welcoming. When all your defences are stripped away...all you're left
with is exactly the same as what everyone else has. Jessica Hatcher

send me piv of ur son to zakattack95@rocketmail.com

Get off of TN you perv!
NudeInMA

NudeInMA

Ultra Nudist [4976] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Berkshires, Massachusetts United States | 71

Nudism is the Great Equalizer. It is impossible to put on airs when one is nude.-- NudeInMA<br>

Flagged with extreme prejudice.
jacoboram126

jacoboram126

Textile [6] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | New York , New York United States | 25

SEO copywriting

hmm the roblem is that he is embarced and feels awkward its natural it will take time for him to accept it as normal same thing happened to me when grwong up.
<< < 1 2 > >>   Page of 2

Invite a Friend