Winter nudism

<< < 1 2 > >>   Page of 2
RustyFromA2

RustyFromA2

Textile [7] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Ann Arbor, Michigan United States | 62

Winter nudism

OK, another newbie question - do real enthusiasts keep the clothes off inside during the winter? Here in Michigan, we've got about three months where it's nice to walk around undressed, feeling the breeze on your skin. But in a month or so, it's going to start to get a bit chilly. I'm wondering how other northerners handle this - do you just crank up the thermostat, grin and bear (bare?) it, or do you don fleece and jeans and dream about warm, secluded beaches?
DesertRat

DesertRat

Super Nudist [1714] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Couple | Phoenix, Arizona United States | 66 & 69

RE: Winter nudism

All of our indoor parties during the winter are nude. Usually having warm footwear will keep the otherwise nude person comfortable.
karhuuk

karhuuk

Topless [93] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom | 61

There was some research done a while ago that showed that if you keep your head warm, the rest of your body doesn't notice the cold as much. A tv show over did an experiment where they put two guys wearing just their boxers into a cold store and timed how long they could stay there. The guy with the hat lasted a lot longer than the bare headed guy. So when temperatures drop indoors, wear a hat and a smile.
free2befree

free2befree

Undies Only [240] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Bowie, Maryland United States | 59

I'm wondering how other northerners handle this - do you just crank up the thermostat, grin and bear (bare?) it, or do you don fleece and jeans and dream about warm, secluded beaches?

All the above
FishNekkid

FishNekkid

Topless [88] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Huntsville, Alabama United States | 52

Interresting about the hat. I'm usually ok if I have socks on. I'll try a hat in stead this year.
I'm nude year around but sometimes have a space heater nearby to knock off the chill.
NudeInMA

NudeInMA

Ultra Nudist [4976] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Berkshires, Massachusetts United States | 71

Nudism is the Great Equalizer. It is impossible to put on airs when one is nude.-- NudeInMA<br>

Medical fact: the majority of body heat is lost through the torso. Women are comfortable in sub-freezing temps despite their legs being "protected" by nylons or panty hose, as long as their torsos are kept warm. Ergo, a T-shirt or sweat shirt can make things quite acceptable even if from the waist down it's au naturel.

Heavy socks make a big difference in perceived warmth. I'll have to try the hat this year. I refuse to cover anything between the neck and the ankles. That's compromising.
natravellers

natravellers

Undies Only [231] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Couple | Somewhere, Pennsylvania United States | 58 & 58

There's a saying.. nudists might be a bit crazy but we're not stupid! If I'm cold I'm going to put something on. Usually a t-shirt will do it. We have two wood pellet stoves to heat our house so we are able to keep temps in the 'able to go nude range' without going broke. And if we're hosting a nude party I'll crank up the heat even higher so everyone is comfortable nude. And there's always the hot tub outside at 102f.
sunluvers

sunluvers

Undies Only [179] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Couple | Eagles Mere, Pennsylvania United States | 57 & 56

We built our home about 10 years ago. I used in floor heat as my heating design. My design by the way we can keep the house 75 plus no matter how cold it gets. Lots of extra insulation in the ceiling and floors. If your feet are warm you are warm. Nude 24/7 year round in Northeast PA. The only reason we still live here.
TravelNudie

TravelNudie

Butt Naked [326] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Helsinki, Nyland Finland | 48

Greetings from close to Arctic Circle (our home is on 62nd Latitude)! It is very individual what one perceives as comfortable temperature to be nude. Whereas in warm season outdoors +17-18 C is enough to enjoy outdoors nude, indoors the temperature is somewhat a question of preference. In our family we have established that +23 C is enough, with +22 C and lower socks needed and maybe a t-shirt, too. Otherwise, personally I wouldn't go over to textile life in my own home. Simply too complicated. Being nude indoors also produces much less laundry. Down side being higher energy costs especially if house insulated badly. Our house is well insulated, so even if outdoors -40 C, indoors comfy +23-24C.
ManOfWicklow

ManOfWicklow

Ultra Nudist [12159] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Nr Tamworth, But Originally From Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom | 63

A lie has speed, but truth has endurance.

ManOfWicklow

ManOfWicklow

Ultra Nudist [12159] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Nr Tamworth, But Originally From Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom | 63

A lie has speed, but truth has endurance.

NakedSnowRun.jpg

NakedSnowRun.jpg

www.insaland.com

Scandinavian nudists in the winter, run to keep warm.
beachforme

beachforme

Topless [60] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Missouri United States | 56

Hat and socks make a big difference for me. But if you Google body heat loss you'll discover there are all sorts of answers but none of them seem conclusive. Until I read a definitive study, I'll go with what works for me.
gator1

gator1

Super Nudist [887] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Southeast, Texas United States | 61

There is something about being naked that means you are obliged to be
friendly and welcoming. When all your defences are stripped away...all you're left
with is exactly the same as what everyone else has. Jessica Hatcher

At our resort...and home...we wear fairly heavy fleece house coats when it's really cold. Still get nude time indoors, in the hot tub, sitting by the camp fire, etc. In the words of a very experienced nudist friend, "hey, we're nudists...we're not stupid!"
Gator1Laughing
barebones

barebones

Undies Only [245] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Tucson, Arizona United States | 69

winter nudism

Well, just have to comment about one of the benefits of nudism in Arizona. The weather here is so nudist-friendly that we never have a winter month that you can't spend quite a bit of time nude outside. That part of Arizona is just wonderful!!!
George_in_WV

George_in_WV

Butt Naked [340] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Kissimmee, Florida United States | 73

Currently living in a clothing optional community where I am nude when I can be and dressed only when I have to be

RE: winter nudism

Where I live we go around bare whenever we can as long as we
are comfortable. When it is too cold to be nude we do wear something for warmth
but once we get into an area where it is warm enough to be nude we do so.

Most people in the winter wear winter coats when visiting
others and once they get indoors they remove their coats. Nudists do the exact
same thing only we dont stop with just removing our coats.

If we are warm enough to be nude we are nude, if we are cold
we put something on.
Much as I like to be nude I like being warm even better.
MI-nude

MI-nude

Topless [63] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Graafschap, Michigan United States | 60

Michigian here who doesn't want the heating bills to stay comfortably nude during the winter so I'm usually attired in sweat shirt and pants at home during those cold months.
gabare

gabare

Super Nudist [1887] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | ---, Georgia United States | 59

when winter come i will pull out my white t-shirt most only come to the waist but i do have one that almost come to the knees if really cold but always commando 365 days a year.
LondoSun

LondoSun

Undies Only [199] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Boulder, Colorado United States | 40

Everything worth doing is also worth doing nude (except things like hiking up Everest and breaking trail through brambles,cooking with frying pans unless you use the rear burners and very little oil.....probably beekeeping is a bad idea too).

Two words.......Fire Place!!! Love it.
nudepops

nudepops

Butt Naked [315] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | North Central, Florida United States | 67

Although the forum was intended for Northern Nudists primarily, I will add a little perspective from the "South" end as some others have.
I live in North Florida and yes, we do have cold temps regularly during the winter! W usually have occasionally temps in the "teens". Single digits are rare, but do slip in every few years. Daytime temps flirt with the 60's sometimes, but 50's are the norm. 40's are many!I have heard any visitors from the more "North" make remarks about the Florida humidity from both coasts make the Florida temps seem much colder than the actual temp indicates.

I tend to agree with the humidity factor from one personal viewpoint as A few of us had to convince the locals in Iowa to do our Pheasant hunting we flew up there to do several years ago. After the total "whiteout" and "picket fence" power pole laydowns from the severe ice storm and digging our guide out from his snow buried home from the previous day, we proceded on to a successful hunt in 50 belowchill factor breezy temps. The locals thought we were crazy as they had never done this type cold weather hunting before. Of course, It was cold, but I was comfortable with the clothes I had on as I did wear some heavier clothing for this endeavor....except when in my room and sleeping. I really wanted to streak outside for a quickie, but knew I was not around home and just thought about it only.....lol!
Having given the "Weather stats" my attire when not having others around is described as comfortable! I am usually only wearing socks during the cold as when my "cold" feet are warm, the rest of the body seems to be OK! I do go out inthe lower temps and may don a cap in agreement with some of the above posts. I have found that wearing flipflops, etc with the socks gives the warm feeling I need. I have found that the feeling is even better primarily as when wearing shirts, pants, jackets,my body can tell the temp difference and make me colder. As long as my feet are warm, I can "mingle" outside for a period of time and be somewhat comfortable. Some of my photoson this "site" were taken on cool days with this atire. Everybody has different comfort levels. This is mine!

Sorry for thr extended "Yakking", but I thougt somebody might be interested in the story!
nudguy

nudguy

Super Nudist [1200] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Stirlingshire, Scotland United Kingdom | 45

<u><b><i>nudguy</i></b></u><b><br></b>feelin' good nude...<br><br><br>

I do my best to enjoy nude time all year round. However, during a Scottish winter, most of the nudity is indoors. Last winter, though, I did go for a naked walk in the deep snow - freezing, but fun, and very short-lived.
nudedude53

nudedude53

Undies Only [141] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | New Cumberland, Pennsylvania United States | 58

I usually am nude all year round and I live in Pennsylvania. I have a great fire place so most times have a fire going or I do turn up the heat a bit around end of Nov to beginning of March.
rusty62

rusty62

Undies Only [121] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Saskachewan, Saskachewan Canada | 65

Back in 1969 I got my first lesson in winter nudism. It was newyears party Thompson Manitoba, and a dare to run around the block naked in -40. In these conditions I was still not accepting i was a nudist but jumped at the chance for a little fresh air and action, though in a highly illegal setting it was fun. The key is action from the time you hit the cold air till you get back inside. Don't stop. I have done this again occasionally since, in a slightly more legal setting :-)
shavednude

shavednude

Undies Only [108] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Queens, New York United States | 66

I stay nude at home all year. In the winter I just turn the heat up and sometimes if it's really chilly I'll wear a t-shirt, to ward off the chill,and be nude from the waist down.
intune

intune

Undies Only [147] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | 1770/agnes Water, Qld Australia | 52

it really doesnt get cold enough in winter here unless theres a good storm brewing up
JohnE44

JohnE44

Butt Naked [274] | 3 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Scranton, Pennsylvania United States | 53

RE: below 65 degrees

winter time   i keep the stat at 72 deg when  get home i take a hot bathe and i am good tobe nude the rest of the night as far as going out side i do not spend a lot of time outside but it is refreshing when it supper cold for a few minits
<< < 1 2 > >>   Page of 2

Invite a Friend