How do I Get My Wife To Join Me ?

I love the outdoors and the benefits of going nude. But my wife will not even talk about it. Any ideas?

This topic was edited
RE: How do I Get My Wife To Join Me ?

Yeah, well welcome to the club. There are many posts on this topic to check out. My wife is def not a nudist. She will hang out with me at home and in the pool but that is all. She ONLY does that because I like it. She says she doesn't want to see other nude people. So, I don't go to resorts or beaches very often at all. I big reason besides not having her along is because there is nothing close to me anywa. Fortunately, I have good privacy in the back yard so I hang there and in the house nude all the time. If you ever do figure out how to get her "in" - let us all know!

This post was edited

Yeah, well welcome to the club. There are many posts on this topic to check out. My wife is def not a nudist. She will hang out with me at home and in the pool but that is all. She ONLY does that because I like it. She says she doesn't want to see other nude people. So, I don't go to resorts or beaches very often at all. I big reason besides not having her along is because there is nothing close to me anywa. Fortunately, I have good privacy in the back yard so I hang there and in the house nude all the time. If you ever do figure out how to get her "in" - let us all know!
FishNekkid. I like your post. I don't agree that your wife is not a nudist, at least by my definition. If you are happy being nude in your house, but don't want to see others nude, or be seen nude, that just means you are a private nudist. Quite a few people here like to say that you have to be naked and be seen to be a nudist. I think that is required in order to be an exhibitionist or voyeur. She does not have to see anyone or be seen by anyone. Just my opinion of the definition. It also puts no pressure on the person that feels that they are a nudist but does not want to go to a nudist location where others wil see them. If she gets naked with you in the house and the pool but does not like doing it, then maybe she is not a nudist at all. If she does enjoy it, she can call herself a private nudist, home nudist, or whatever she likes. Sorry about that diatribe.
As for how to get your wife to go nude with you...my tactic is to just be relaxed and nude when you can, especially when you are in a place that is isolated. If you go on a hike to a place that is really quiet, like a remote pond/lake, and want to get nude, do it. Just enjoy it. If nobody is around, she might strip off a little to enjoy the sun or skinny dip. I would not pressure her into going anywhere that there are other people, or other nudists.
Another thing you can try is to go to a place that is clothing optional, especially if it is clothing optional only after dark. Not everyone has this option. In Steamboat Colorado, there is a place called Strawberry Park Hot Springs. During the day it is a regular hot springs. When it gets dark, it becomes clothing optional. It is perfect for after a day of skiing. Half the people going there after dark treat it as a hot tub and keep their bathing suits on (nore often college students that are not comfortable being nude with their friends). The other half go nude. If you go to a place like that during the day from time to time and enjoy it, you could go back someday at night. She can stay clothed if she wants. No problem. Just don't pressure her. Reassure her that there is no pressure at all for her to go nude. Nudism is a personal journey. It's hers to take if she wants, or hers to choose not to take.
I like Strawberry Park because it is not a nudist resort. They just allow people to go nude after it gets dark. It takes the pressure off.
My wife gets nude more often, but does not get nude with others around, except Strawberry Park. If we were on a private, isolated Island, I'm sure she'd be naked with me. Her comfort grows over time, so just be parient and don't pressure her.

This post was edited

I could never convince my late wife to join me and never pressed it for any length of time. She knew I was a nudist and went to resorts and beaches while I was in the Navy. My wife was just never comfortable in her skin. I just know that if you keep pressing her about it she'll never consider it. I stopped trying after the first year of our marriage. Maybe in time she'll loosen up and join you.

This post was edited

ive found some people are of a frame of mind where they see nudism to be a ultimate sin
my wife is that way and is unshakable in that belief some days ago i fell asleep in a chair with my laptop in hand she took it and saw the site i had been looking at she went nuts

i have no doubts that she will never understand.my problem is that i can or have to live and let live with her belief but she will not do the same with mine so i need to keep mine undercover

This post was edited

Dont pressure your wife, let her make confortable and later maybe she will join you but let her decide when .

This post was edited

I agree, Dont pressure her!! For years I would joke with my wife about going to some place to be nude, and she was VERY against the whole idea!!!
About 2 years ago she finnally gave in to go to a C/O B&B for our anniversary, but she was not going to be nude!! We did go for an overnight stay. We went to the pool and hung out with the others there, all nude except for her in her swim suit. After it was mostly dark she did slip off her suit and swam in the pool nude for a bit and relaxed!! She stayed covered while around others, but while we were alone she was nude with me. It can time for us to leave and she told the owners that we WOULD be back, that we REALLY enjoyed our visit!! That was her idea, as we had not discussed that subject before. We went on to our destination and both wished we had stayed at the B&B instead!!!
After that get-a-way, we created a privacy area at home to be able to hang out nude which we have used a good bit....
This year it was her idea to go to a Nude Resort close to us. We did go for a day visit and she was VERY relaxed laying out and in the pool floating around. She would cover her lower parts with a wrap or towel while walking around. We even went back for a 3 day weekend and we were very comfortable while there, even considering a membership there......
I am nude at home as much as possible, but she is still covered with a tanktop or t-shirt, but she is seeming to be a little more comfortable as time goes on.
Just be patient......

This post was edited

I love the outdoors and the benefits of going nude. But my wife will not even talk about it. Any ideas?Dang that's tough, eh. I can empathize. It took me 28 years to get my wife to go nudist. The point I made that worked in MY case was that I pointed out how I have NEVER denied her ANYTHING in our entire marriage. This realization made her wake up and be more considerate of what is important to me. When she decided to go nude, she wondered why we hadn't done it back when we were in our prime. Oh well.
I wish you luck and hope it doesn't take you as long as it took me. ;-)

This post was edited

I am female and whilst I have no problems with nudity most of the time, I can understand why so many wives do.
1. Body issues as we get older gravity sets in and many women like me have issues with their bodies.
2. If like us you live in the UK nudist areas are few and far between and if you are trying to be nude outside of one of these areas a woman usually has clothing that takes longer to get back on.
3. Safety is a huge factor - men & womens safety zones are a million miles apart.
These are just 3 points and I could put a lot more, but maybe these will help you understand where we come from.

This post was edited

I love the outdoors and the benefits of going nude. But my wife will not even talk about it. Any ideasSorry I can't give you any advice, I've been trying with my wife for over 30 years. If I was a younger man, then I'd have to think about getting myself a new wife. Many women are set in their ways and just don't like change.

This post was edited

I too am trying to convince my wife to go. As far as body shapes go try following this link and check out image #2. https://www.rocklodge.com/gallery/gal040/index.htm

This post was edited