British office workers go naked to boost morale

Staff at a marketing company in Britain have gone to work naked after being told it would boost morale.
David Taylor, a business psychologist, told the employees at onebestway the company strip-off would be an ideal way to regain trust following recent redundancies. Team manager Sam Jackson, 23, said the idea dubbed "Naked Friday" was a big success. "It was brilliant now that we've seen each other naked, there are no barriers," she told The Sun newspaper. "We weren't put under any pressure if we wanted to come in clothed or in our underwear, we could. "But I love my body and I wasn't ashamed." Mr Taylor worked with the staff for almost a week to help lower their inhibitions, including sessions where the workers photocopied their private parts and met with a nude model. When Naked Friday arrived, nearly all of the workers went completely nude only two chose to wear underwear. "Inviting an organisation to go naked is the most extreme technique I've used," Mr Taylor said. "It may seem weird but it works it's the ultimate expression of trust in yourself and each other." The experiment was filmed for a one-off reality TV show, called Naked Office, to be screened in Britain next week.

What took them so long to realise the benefits ?

This topic was edited
RE: British office workers go naked to boost morale

How great is that!!!I myself would too love to live at home and go to work in my birthday suit!! Yes in deed to the great benefits!

This post was edited
RE: What an idea

This is just fantastic!

This post was edited

That is a progressive company in Britain. I like the idea. However I don't believe it could happen in the states. Companies in the states have so much training in "zero tolerance for sexual harassment." The idea would be considered sexual harassment with the prevailing prejudice that nudity = sex.

This post was edited

Been there - Done that !

Love n stuff
Rudie
xx

This post was edited

The only way to run an office

This post was edited

I hear what you're saying OnTheBeach,

but imagine if the idea caught on and became a craze,

what a boost it would be for nudism :)

Rudie,

let me know if you need a tea boy!

This post was edited

what a great idea and yes it will never happen in america because someone would file a lawsuit for harassment in the workplace. it amazes me our forefathers fought britain for our freedom and now we oppressed by our own laws .

This post was edited

If everyone went nude it would not be sexual harrassment.

This post was edited

Wouldn't it be wonderful. I have to be in a suit and tie at work and I hate it, being strapped in each day just for looks. I've never been about clothes. First thing I do when I get in the car after work is start stripping. By the time I get home I'm half naked and feeling much better.

This post was edited

Staff at a marketing company in Britain have gone to work naked after being told it would boost morale. David Taylor, a business psychologist, told the employees at onebestway the company strip-off would be an ideal way to regain trust following recent redundancies. Team manager Sam Jackson, 23, said the idea dubbed "Naked Friday" was a big success. "It was brilliant now that we've seen each other naked, there are no barriers," she told The Sun newspaper. "We weren't put under any pressure if we wanted to come in clothed or in our underwear, we could. "But I love my body and I wasn't ashamed." Mr Taylor worked with the staff for almost a week to help lower their inhibitions, including sessions where the workers photocopied their private parts and met with a nude model. When Naked Friday arrived, nearly all of the workers went completely nude only two chose to wear underwear. "Inviting an organisation to go naked is the most extreme technique I've used," Mr Taylor said. "It may seem weird but it works it's the ultimate expression of trust in yourself and each other." The experiment was filmed for a one-off reality TV show, called Naked Office, to be screened in Britain next week. What took them so long to realise the benefits ? Was this a one day only event, or was it a weekly thing, like some places have casual Friday? Can't think of anything more casual than completely naked though.

This post was edited