Body Image

<< < 1 2 > >>   Page of 2
nudeaussie01

nudeaussie01

Topless [63] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Acton, London United Kingdom | 46

Body Image

I have been a nudist for many years and totally embrace the nudist way of life and thouhts etc which is one of the reasons I love the way nudists are. However I have not participated in social nudity for some time, partly as my family dont agree with it, but also I have gained some weight and dont particularly like what I see. I know that being nude amongst others we dont notice bodies/shapes/size etc, but it has become an issue for me. I am even embaressed to put a photo on here of me. I am now running which is positive and am starting to look for local nude swims etc, but just wondered what others thought. I am really keen not just to be a home nudist only any more and really want get social nudism back in my life.
missannethroap1

missannethroap1

Undies Only [119] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Momence, Illinois United States | 44

RE: Body Image

Imagine if you spouse, or child, or anyone that you really loved said something negative about their own body and the words you would use to try to raise their self-image. Now, just put your name in place of theirs, stand in front of a mirror nude, and say those words to yourself. I know it is always easier to see the beauty in others than in us, but everybody's body is beautiful in it's own way. 
womannudista

womannudista

Undies Only [144] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Female | Madrid, Spain Spain | 30

Im a nudist, i want make friends for nudism, etc<div>Im not looking for sex or relationship!!</div>

Nobody is perfect, that tells you something about your body probably is that most complexes have and less would have to tell you nothing.Nudism is not of perfect bodies, and if you like something does not change it but if you don't change be happy and enjoy life and what you want to do! hugs from Madrid!

Nadie es perfecto, aqul que te diga algo sobre tu cuerpo probablemente sea el que ms complejos tenga y menos tendra que decirte nada.
El nudismo no va de cuerpos perfectos, y si algo no te gusta cmbialo pero si no cambia s feliz y disfruta de la vida y de lo que quieres hacer!
abrazos desde Madrid!
mr-cellophane

mr-cellophane

Textile [8] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | St Andrews, Fife, Scotland United Kingdom | 42

I also spent 20 years hating my body, and one day I just thought to myself 'you're not that bad'. I went on a diet, lost a few stone, bought some tight clothes and I felt amazing. I have put on and lost the weight a few times since, but I still wear tighter clothes and feel great.
I know I don't have a good (naked) body, but when I'm with a fellow nudist, I feel completely relaxed. 
I now realise that fixing my body isn't the main issue, it's making my mind love my body (If that makes sense)
spotnaked

spotnaked

Barefoot [13] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Egaa, Jylland Denmark | 41

<div><b>SpotNaked</b><br></div>The naked freedom lover<div><a href="http://www.spotnaked.com" title="http://www.spotnaked.com">http://www.spotnaked.com</a><br></div>

I think many has big problems with their body image - and I am pretty sure that naturism can help on that problem. 
Some US statistics that might break your heart:
  • 42% of first-third grade girls want to be thinner.
  • 81% of 10-year-olds are afraid of being fat.
  • In the past decade, hospitalizations for eating disorders increased by 119% for children younger than 12.
  • Source: MSNBCRead a lot more about Body Image and anaturim here  http://www.spotnaked.com/body-image-the-naked-truth/1692/
    nudeaussie01

nudeaussie01

Topless [63] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Acton, London United Kingdom | 46

I also spent 20 years hating my body, and one day I just thought to myself 'you're not that bad'. I went on a diet, lost a few stone, bought some tight clothes and I felt amazing. I have put on and lost the weight a few times since, but I still wear tighter clothes and feel great.
    I know I don't have a good (naked) body, but when I'm with a fellow nudist, I feel completely relaxed. 
    I now realise that fixing my body isn't the main issue, it's making my mind love my body (If that makes sense)
    It does make sense, I do believe it is a mind thing, and you are right when you are in the company of other nudists it is a safe environment. I am back plugging away with exercise and diet and will try to get the confidence to eventually post some pictures and become certified as well. Thanks for your comments and being open about it.
    whocan

whocan

Barefoot [19] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Norwich, Norofolk United Kingdom | 24

Let's see where the world takes us!

Every single person has insecurities about their body, when I am nude, I feel liberated knowing that I am hiding nothing and at that point I realize I don't really care what other people think about me!
    nakedoften

nakedoften

Topless [89] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Huntsville, Alabama United States | 52

As I have gotten older,and the job has become more stressful,I don't exercise like I should,so I have a bit of a gut.But I am not going to the nudist venues to win a fitness contest.I am going because I love being nude in the great outdoors,with other folks who love it as much as I do.That is the great thing about nudist,we accept everybody,no matter what shape they are in.I love the freedom of being able get naked and get rid of the stress that everyday life brings.
    chrisinrich

chrisinrich

Barefoot [46] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Dallas, Texas United States | 53

I have traveled all over this great world of ours and have noticed that the United States is by far the place with the most people over weight. not sure why I think some has to do with all the fast food places we eat at. most other countries don't have them or as many as we do. Just eat smart and exercise some. But don't let this put you of from being a nudist.
    Cheri_Donna

Cheri_Donna

Ultra Nudist [4797] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Female | Hopkins, South Carolina United States | 66

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism.
    http://www.travelites.info

As I have gotten older,and the job has become more stressful,I don't exercise like I should,so I have a bit of a gut.But I am not going to the nudist venues to win a fitness contest.I am going because I love being nude in the great outdoors,with other folks who love it as much as I do.That is the great thing about nudist,we accept everybody,no matter what shape they are in.I love the freedom of being able get naked and get rid of the stress that everyday life brings.
    I haven't done just exercise for about 9 years.  Living on 7 acres is our 7-acre fitness plan.  I think living here, keeps me fit. With a bad back, I can exercise in the pool for a little bit.  Looking foward to a little warmer water.
    KouakCFI

KouakCFI

Undies Only [184] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Mid-, North Carolina United States | 55

I think you ought to have a good body image.  If you don't like what you see, change it.  It will require work.  All good things do.  I think I look good except a few extra pounds in my gut.  I am working on it.  Even got a sunburn today doing it.
    gideon9595

gideon9595

Undies Only [165] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | SG, South Australia Australia | 38

Just be Kind. 

I used to be a gym junkie.   I loved sculpting out muscle and burning fat.  Seeing how far I could push my body.I was hit by a car and a bus when cycling and now have constant chronic pain in my neck, shoulder back and up into my scalp and left eye.  I could barely move for years and got well over 100kg.At a certain point I saw that I had no choice but to push past the pain.  It took time but I'm at 74kg now and feel healthier.  The pain hasn't changed. Just the way I process it.I guess we can have issues around what we put in our bodies, how much we move our bodies.  I personally don't think being overweight is 'natural' really.  Our bodies are made to run and hunt etc.  and yes the fructose corn syrups, gums etc they put in our foods simply don't help.  Some people can't lose weight even with a healthy diet or movement and need a lot of help.  I'd call their body mass natural though. Just move, a little bit... Work your way up to more movement.  If you lose motivation and are slack... Forgive yourself and start again. The real failure to me is knowing you're being slack and doing nothing about it. 
    uechin11

uechin11

Super Nudist [525] | 12 months ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Bateau Bay( Central Coast ), NSW Australia | 56

Always best dressed in my birthday suit.<br><br>

None of us are totally the same, some look great, others in their own perception, lesser. It would be boring, if we all looked totally perfect, which never will be the case in any way. It is however great to accept ourselves and by motivation overcome our body image issues. Its not easy, but we can set ourselves a goal for achievement and see, how good it can get. I'm keeping at it the best I can.
    kijad40

kijad40

Undies Only [220] | 10 months ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Austin, Texas United States | 44

For me becoming a social nudist has helped me tremendously. I had major body issues when I was a kid in high school. I did not shower after gym cause I was embarrassed about my weight, and that lead me to not really exercise during gym class so that I would not sweat.

Being a late comer to nudism, I decided to jump in with both feet, and I joined a local club and met all kinds of people, all of whom had different body shapes and sizes; some in better shape than me.  But I noticed how no one cared or compared or gossiped about who was overweight and this and that. Everyone was accepted for who they were.

I will also say that being a nudist has also helped me want to lose weight. But not because I felt ashamed, but because I wanted to be healthier and that was just not a frame of mind I got when I was younger.

Since being a nudist I have lost some weight and hope to lose more, but it will happen in time and all the while I am happy with who I am right now and that is what counts.

My two cents.

Stay Naked!
    ManOfWicklow

ManOfWicklow

Ultra Nudist [12193] | 10 months ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Nr Tamworth, But Originally From Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom | 63

A lie has speed, but truth has endurance.

sunnysing

sunnysing

Barefoot [27] | 10 months ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Singapore, Singapore Singapore | 45

Mate ,its all about ACCEPTING your self , both body and mind and being comfortable in your own skin.
    But that said, we can also be our own worse critics, so if you would like to change something to boost yourself confidence...by all means go ahead
    There is nothing wrong with keeping fit. feeling good and looking good.
    AS LONG AS YOUR HEALTHY AND COMFORTABLE WITH YOUR BODY
    That's all that counts
    Danny
    gasman28110

gasman28110

Super Nudist [633] | 9 months ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Monroe, North Carolina United States | 49

We all have issues of one form or another, some of us are fat, some of us are this, some have large breasts, some small some none at all. Some have a large penis some have a small penis but noe of this should come between us.
    KouakCFI

KouakCFI

Undies Only [184] | 9 months ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Mid-, North Carolina United States | 55

Just yesterday, I went out on a "friend date."  We have known each other for a while but never went out.  We had a great time at the movie and at dinner.  We went back to her place to talk a bit more.  She called me out on my hints that people have secrets that they keep because society frowns upon them. I decided to tell her that I was a nudist.  It did not bother her at all.  I mentioned the activities that I like to participate in.  Told her that I joined a nudist meet-up that was having a Skinny Dip event in a couple of weeks.  Since she did not have a problem with nudists, I suggested that she join me at the event.  She said she couldn't because she was too fat. I countered that she most likely would not see anyone she knew.  I suggested that she would be going with just me and I don't care.  Plus she would be in the water most of the time so no one could "see" her.  I told her she had time to think about it but asked her to give it some serious thought.  I think it would be fun.  Hope she can join me.
    ManOfWicklow

ManOfWicklow

Ultra Nudist [12193] | 9 months ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Nr Tamworth, But Originally From Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom | 63

A lie has speed, but truth has endurance.

Stillpale

Stillpale

Butt Naked [440] | 9 months ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Arlington, Virginia United States | 44

Others can shape the perception of body image. Growing up some adults acted like my weight gain was a crime. Strangely they were religious and had no concept of soul. Showing up in a nudist environment is important. Take what you have and do what you want. I don't berate someone based on their looks. They showed up and let's see what they bring to the world.  
    floridaslim

floridaslim

Barefoot [35] | 9 months ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Ocala, Florida United States | 69

It is my belief that the healthy part of nudism involves a healthy body. Healthy to me, in many instances is different from healthy to others and that is fine. Exercise and diet are important to me as is my general appearance. It is always a challenge to avoid sugar and fatty foods, but for me and my own self-worth, I'll stay slim. It is 'to each his own' and my 'own' is slim and healthy and just as nudism is a healthy lifestyle so is my regimen lifestyle. The best to all. 
    DaveS

DaveS

Super Nudist [1146] | 6 months ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Morris County, New Jersey United States | 54

We are all equal when nude.
    scotsnudist

scotsnudist

Barefoot [40] | 6 months ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom | 43

Like many commenting here I too have always had some body image problems due to bring over weight. And again like many here I found, somewhat to my surprise, I started to lose the negative feelings about my appearance when I started participating in social nudism. Something about acceptance from others and myself. Before I was a nudist I would never even take my tshirt off on the beach. I felt so uncomfortable with my appearance. But despite that when I first took the plunge and went nude in front of others I was totally surprised how easily and quickly I felt totally comfortable and that has rubbed off on my whole life. 
    I do still want to lose some weight and get fitter but from a health perspective not an appearance one. 
    nakedaj

nakedaj

Barefoot [44] | 6 months ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Brentwood, Essex United Kingdom | 41

I can only add that I feel the same as most on here - I hate my body when I am about to cover it up and feel fat and horrible in a textile swimming pool 
    But out on a beach with naked people or Ina. Naturist swim and I am just a body enjoying the freedom and don't think everyone is staring at me 
    Just goes to show its clothes that sexualise and highlight the body not skins I guess 
    gator1

gator1

Super Nudist [887] | 6 months ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Southeast, Texas United States | 61

There is something about being naked that means you are obliged to be
    friendly and welcoming. When all your defences are stripped away...all you're left
    with is exactly the same as what everyone else has. Jessica Hatcher

Like many commenting here I too have always had some body image problems due to bring over weight. And again like many here I found, somewhat to my surprise, I started to lose the negative feelings about my appearance when I started participating in social nudism. Something about acceptance from others and myself. Before I was a nudist I would never even take my tshirt off on the beach. I felt so uncomfortable with my appearance. But despite that when I first took the plunge and went nude in front of others I was totally surprised how easily and quickly I felt totally comfortable and that has rubbed off on my whole life. 
    I do still want to lose some weight and get fitter but from a health perspective not an appearance one. 
    Good for you!  I have two thoughts about that: 1) I think that a lot of clothes really are unflattering to those of us that are overweight, actually making us look worse in clothes than nude, and 2) we can feel the acceptance from the nudist community while nude.  I have found nudists far more accepting of others than any other group.
    Gator1
    << < 1 2 > >>   Page of 2

Invite a Friend