Heading to Laguna del Sol?

Looking to meet other loacla traveling to LDS or other nude resorts. Got any idias on areas of nude hiking. Lets trade some places we have visited and let other know about them.

This topic was edited
RE: Heading to Laguna del Sol?

There may be a visit to LdS this summer, for us. We have to figure out finances. So many things going on this summer and the cost of fuel makes it tough to take the motorhome on long trips! If we want to do some serious nude hiking, we go to DeAnza Springs in Jacumba, CA. It's about 2 hrs from home, about 45-50 mins east of San Diego. Miles and miles of hiking trails and can be done nude without any worries. The park is a little too rustic for my wife but ... she likes the nude hiking. Like to get down there before it gets too hot. Our club, Glen Eden, offers some hiking trails but they are too short. Olive Dell, which is about 40 mins from us has some great hiking trails and has hosted a nude 5K for the last 4 years ... awesome place to stay and hike. Again ... a little rustic for my wife's taste but we'll return there as well. Hope you find a place to go. :D

This post was edited

I'm going to Laguna Del Sol this weekend; was wondering if anyone had any tips for a first timer (first time to LdS, not to a nudist resort).Thanks!--C

This post was edited

Only tip we can give you ... enjoy yourself, you'll certainly like the place. We loved it and can't wait to get back there. Take one of the paddle boats out on the "lake", take a walk around and explore the entire grounds ... then get a cold beverage and sit by the pool or on the restaurant deck and take in the scenery. It's really awesome. :D

This post was edited

Thanks, Andy-- really looking forward to it!

This post was edited

Yosemite sounds great, But the rangers are to bountiful near the valley, or Glacier Point. Where would someone find a secluded area to hike? I found thatsome closed camp grounds just west of Bear Valley resort on highway 4.On the south side of 4 there are some great views, I took a 1/2 mile walk nude and it was fantastic. But it took me a little while to get back to the car, I almost got lost.

This post was edited

go to the wawona area of the park, the rangers stay mainly on the main roads and there are some nice paths to enjoy near the area...mainly at the end of (I will probably spell this wrong) chilnualna falls road.

This post was edited

LDS is a great place with all sorts of features. Just one caution, the manager there is not a happy camper most of the time.

This post was edited

It amazes me that managers/owners of resorts develop a reputation as being unfriendly or worse. I've been in management in one way or another for 40 years and learned early on that even when they're wrong, the customer is right. I know it can't be easy to manage a nudist park. Correct me if I'm wrong, but many parks are teetering on the brink because of lack of paying day and weekend guests, not to mention dwindling membership numbers. It would seem to me that making everyone happy would be a priority for managers and owners.

This post was edited

I will agree that there are some managers/owners of nudist venues that could stand more than a refresher course in customer service and customer relations ... but ... we happen to know owners of a nudist venue and it is NOT easy nor is it without customers being demanding, uncivil, unreasonable, disrespectful and many think that these owners are rich people just trying to get richer off of them or anyone else that visits their venue. Many of these people are just trying to make enough money to pay bills, keep things running, keep things fixed, keep people coming back and with some "owners" ... we know for a fact that "they" are the ones that will forego paying themselves to keep staff paid and maintenance of the facility up and running.
I've witnessed first hand how "nudists" can act toward staff, managers and owners. Many of those that act this way seem to think that they are entitled to champagne treatment on a beer budget. I've seen guests treat staff, housekeeping staff like servants and order or demand service that, quite frankly, is NOT a part of their job. Some may think differently and think that anyone and everyone at these venues are there at the guests beck and call but there is something called respect and just because you are paying to stay someplace, does not give anyone the right to mistreat or disrespect anyone. We've also witnessed the other side at our own club. An office manager that was disrespectful and unwilling to listen to what we were trying to explain. Once we got the General Manager involved, her tune changed and began back peddling to save her skin. It didn't have to come to that but her excuse was that she'd been having some troubling times in her personal life and it's affected her work attitude. It is possible that some of these people aren't bad but truly are having some difficult times and you just catch them at their worst. But I will agree, again, that there are some that have no reason to act as they do.
I've heard about this manager at LdS. Not sure if it's a male or female manager but during our stay, we were introduced to the manager and "she" was quite nice, friendly and even allowed my wife and I to take along our camera to take pictures of each other throughout the resort. Before anyone begins to doubt that; she explained the rules, asked us to sign a contract to that affect, tagged our camera and reiterated the rules once more. She smiled, shook our hands, thanked us for coming and off we went without further incident or contact.
There's always 3 sides to the story, grandma used to say. Your side, their side and ... the Truth. In almost all cases ... there's a little fudging on all the facts when the story is retold by both sides. ;-)

This post was edited