Turned away by 2 Clubs in Minnesota

I traveled on business to Minnesota. Two clubs are close to Minneapolis, so I thought I was set. I called Oakwood club, they indicated they wouldn't take me as an unaccompanied male, and that that's how most clubs are these days. They are NOT like this in Tennessee so it came as surprise. No worries, another club to call.
Called Avatan and they were luke warm after learning I am an AANR member. Asked me to call the day I wanted to visit. Drove to East Bethel, stopped off at a Marathon Gas Station and asked them if I was still welcome to visit. No. A board-member had decided it wasn't a good idea after all. So I turned around and drove to the mall with the other textiles.
Seems to me if you are an unaccompanied male, exploring nudism is very limited in certain parts of the country. Has anyone else encountered this form of discrimination? What exactly the problem with males, are we uncontrollable maniacs? Does the AANR have any influence at all in establishing standards for an open Nudist community?

This topic was edited
RE: Turned away by 2 Clubs in Minnesota

"Singles are welcome at ---------. Our experience is that we need to
maintain a gender balance for everyones comfort. As such, we limit the
gender imbalances to a maximum 60:40 ratio. We realize that usually
means that many single men will be excluded. While we would prefer to
welcome everyone, this is the only solution that preserves an
environment where everyone feels comfortable."
I pulled this from the www from a resort. While I don't agree as I would visit alone and might be turned away, I see the point of making everyone, (females, in my opinion), comfortable. From reading other threads and comments, it would appear a few too many like to stare and make others uncomfortable, hence the rules.

This post was edited

"Singles are welcome at ---------. Our experience is that we need to maintain a gender balance for everyones comfort. As such, we limit the gender imbalances to a maximum 60:40 ratio. We realize that usually means that many single men will be excluded. While we would prefer to welcome everyone, this is the only solution that preserves an environment where everyone feels comfortable."I pulled this from the www from a resort. While I don't agree as I would visit alone and might be turned away, I see the point of making everyone, (females, in my opinion), comfortable. From reading other threads and comments, it would appear a few too many like to stare and make others uncomfortable, hence the rules.
So are you saying the male of a couple don't stare just the singles?
I believe the imbalance is what they are protecting.

This post was edited

I'm not in that area, but if I got to know a man prior, I'd be willing to go with him. I'm still looking for someone to take me :)

This post was edited

Are you a member of another club, not just AANR? Maybe that would make a difference.

This post was edited

Always provide your AANR number and let them know the club you usually go to and provide a reference like a staff member from that club and their ph number.

This post was edited

You didn't miss out on much at Avatan. I was reluctantly admitted as a single female and it was the coolest reception I've found at any club. The managers were welcoming, the members were not. I'm a friendly sort and couldn't strike up a conversation to save my life when I spent three days there - the facilities are nice but it's definitely a couples-oriented club. I prefer to visit clubs that are more inclusive.

This post was edited

Happened to me in south eastern Wisconsin. Sun ray Hills would only accept single males during the week. Found out from a gay couple that Sun Ray Hills turned them down on a weekend as well. The lifestyle of acceptance and freedom is killing it self.

This post was edited

I often wonder if some of these males that make the rules that assume all single males are wierd, just how they will feel if something happened that prevented their partner from joining them. Will it only be then, when the door is closed in their face, that they will finally understand the distane with which the single male naturist is often treated

This post was edited

I'm not in that area, but if I got to know a man prior, I'd be willing to go with him. I'm still looking for someone to take me :)I'm in Seattle - not in your area - but I'd take you to a nudist place (once we got to know each other)... as long as there were no undue expectations, just going as friends.There are times when I've refrained from going to a club (e.g. Oaklake Trails in Oklahoma) even though they'd take me, if I thought it would cause an imbalance, or discomfort.

This post was edited

That club south of Cleveland OH would not let me visit with out my wife. Now I wouldn't go there even with my wife.

This post was edited