Members With 'PRIVATE' profiles.

We should ignore members with private profiles who post on the forum. It beggars belief that anyone wishing to remain private, should even join a social site, but if they wish to remain private,they should do by staying off the forum.
It only take a few seconds to click on someone's profile before replying to a post,and if it's private,ignore them.
So let us help the people remain private. Ignore, ignore, ignore.

This topic was edited
RE: Members With 'PRIVATE' profiles.

Great t idea. I think ill try that too

This post was edited

I've often wondered what they have to hide.
It seems counterproductive to being a naturist where nothing is hidden.

This post was edited

Ignore, ignore, ignore.agree completely and indeed now also adopt the same approach in respect of uncertified users, if indeed they are even real.

This post was edited

The one exception I would make is to let new users know their profile is blocked. The privacy controls can be a little counterintuitive for new users, and they may not realize they are blocking access. I know in addition to having some of our pictures set to private we accidentally had the entire album also set to private due to the default settings when we first started. As far as being certified, that carries no extra trust for us. The only ones we truly trust are the 9 members we have met in real life (4 are members of our non-landed club, one we met at local winter nude swims, and 4 we met on a Bare Necessities nude cruise). We have pictures that show our face and pictures with tasteful nudity, but none that have both. Since Team True isn't among the 9, we haven't sent in certification pictures.
Certification seems to be less popular among couples. Among our friends list it is 2:1 against certification among couples, 3:1 for certification among men, and we don't have a single certified female on our list. For the site as a whole, only 642 out of 13176 couples have been certified, 252 out of 11650 women have been certified, and 10542 out of 150000+ men have been certified. So go ahead and ignore non-certified users... You cut out 98% of the women, 95% of the couples, and 93+% of the men. Granted you probably will be filtering out at least 99% of the fakes, but we've heard grumblings in the forums of even some certified accounts seeming fake. So we are back to our foolproof method... only trust people you have met IRL, take anyone that seems genuine at face value, and drop/block any friends that give off any kind of weird vibe or make crude comments.

This post was edited

I also don't put a lot of weight behind the "certification" issue. I've made friends here with many that are not certified and quite frankly ... they've been a bit more honest, upfront, friendly and accessible than some of the certified folks.
Private profiles; I'm a bit on the fence with that one. I tend to lean toward allowing many of the women on this site in particular, to remain somewhat private and shielded. I've made friends with several younger female nudists and we've discussed the countless requests for friendship, picture swapping, picture sharing, video chat (nude preferred) ... it's enough to keep women off these sites and have others leave the site. NO means NO even in the typed/written word but still ... some guys just can't read or comprehend what NO means.
Private profiles, couples, etc. ; I think there are some legitimate "concerns" but those concerns will come at a price. Many of those with private profiles want to make friends, want information on things and many open nudists just don't trust anyone and a great many of us have been burned on these forums but fakes, me included. It makes us leery of opening up to just anyone and if a person isn't willing to divulge some info about themselves and their nudist life ... chances are they will continue to go without friendship or questions answered. I know that I have shied away from automatically answering questions from those that have zero info on their profiles or the profiles are private.

This post was edited

Ignore, ignore, ignore.agree completely and indeed now also adopt the same approach in respect of uncertified users, if indeed they are even real.Aussiedain, you have just replied on the (Introvert and Nudist) thread that was started by a private poster.

This post was edited

I've always felt and shared with others that naturists are the most friendly people. But the exception seems to be a vocal few on this site.

While there may be people with ulterior motives, whether or not someone has private profile shouldn't be misconstrued as an indicator. New users with private profiles may simply be shy and concerned about their privacy. Given time and positive interactions with seasoned users they would probably be inclined to change their privacy settings. But if they're shunned and basically attacked for being cautious they may never open up and could eventually leave the site with a negative perception of the True Nudist site, its users and even the naturist community in general.

This post was edited

Manofwicklow, ignoring a user and ignoring a topic are not one and the same thing, so I feel your suggestion that I am being contradictory is not appropriate.

This post was edited

In Internet slang, a troll (//, //) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

There's this statement:
I ignore most of the people here. And in real life as well.
Yet, that poster has amassed almost 10,000 posts! That's a lot of ignoring!
Then there's this statement: The members With 'PRIVATE' profiles. Do not bother me. They have their reasons. I wonder about the members that cower behind blocked profiles. What are they afraid of??????
So ... which is it??????? If you're ignoring most of the people on here ... why is it that "blocked profiles" seems to get some much of your attention?????

People that have placed a "block" on other members have nothing to fear. What they are blocking is people they don't get along with, have nothing in common with and people they have labeled as "trolls." It could also be that people who block other members from viewing their profile as simple as ... they just don't like the other person ... best to grow a couple and get over it!
;-)

This post was edited

I see no reason someone cant enter a profile with a safe amount of info about themselves. I dont care about them posting a pic. That i understand. Its like talking to yourself when you when you try conversing wkth someone with no profile, sense no personality. Whats their likes or dislikes?

This post was edited